• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been working on this footman map for a while now .. off and on. Instead of giving the players new units like all the other footman maps, new tiers will only provide caster spawns and more access to skills in main hall.

Normally the halls would only spawn militias. To change the unit spawn(s), the players have to pick up items call "souls" and drop them in the main hall. Each hall can only spawn up to 6 different types of unit (Putting the same exact soul in the hall will only spawn one of that unit type per time.)

Each unit has a different spawn rate depending on their lvs. (i.e. Lv2 units will spawn a lot faster than lv6 ones.)

I also added the weapon and armor refinement system that I recently made to enhance gameplay a bit. Some heroes doesn't have a starting set of abilities but get random abilities after they get chosen. Each lv up provide a hero with 6 stat points to spend on either Str, Int or Agil.

Since later in the game each players will have large groups of units, I added an item that can construct a command center to order massed attacks on different parts of the map instead of selecting only a small group per time (it drops from all units). Rally points also work in this map, newly spawn units will run towards the set rally point.

Well thats all I can rememeber for now, try it out and give me lots of comments. I'll add credits for the models/icons in later versions.

Attachments

• Footman2.2a.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.