• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

few questions about maps that im *trying* to make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
as you read on my title im trying to make suming, here are a few questions which if you answer will make my life a bit easier

1)is there anyway to transport custom units/buildings etc. from one map to the other

2)how do u make buildings so that they spawn units?

3)how do u make units that ur buildings spawn cost nothing, no food, no gold and no lumber

4)you know that u have to set a starting point for each player, how do you make another building in that starting point that isnt the human town hall

Level 13
1)is there anyway to transport custom units/buildings etc. from one map to the other
Yes, there is. Export all object data to warcraft3 object data, but when you import it on another map, it will replace current object data to that map. if you mean, is there another way so it won't replace the old one, hmm i don't think there is another way
2)how do u make buildings so that they spawn units?
Edit unit trained field on that building, or if you mean like many AOS map, you could do it by trigger. Every several seconds, create n unit for what player on what point.

3)how do u make units that ur buildings spawn cost nothing, no food, no gold and no lumber
Like on number 2

4)you know that u have to set a starting point for each player, how do you make another building in that starting point that isnt the human town hall
Just place another unit, but don't forget to delete map initialization trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.