• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fading Sun RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Current team:
  • Real138 (triggers , spells, ideas, icons, whatever is needed)
  • aMazenskillz (terrain, ideas, units.)
  • Forgotten_Warlord (models, skins, icons.)
  • The World Is Flat ( writer.)
Storyline:
In a land, where Kings were hailed as the highest power, all was good, until one day everything changed. An Ancient Power has been unleashed by *Marduuk* and has now taken over the land, he is slowly dring and destroying the three suns that transverse across the world, without these suns, the world will fall into a deep apocalypse that Would claim the entire world, and none would survive he ensuing chaos. Now Eight brave heroes venture out across the land, they will encounter many dangerous creatures, but Only when this ancient power is defeated will peace, and prosperity be restored to the land.

Basis of story more too come.
About the map:
Yet to come.

If you have any questions about the gameplay or other just post it in the thread, and you will get an answer within 24 hours.

What is done:

• Terrain - 85%Reworking terrain
  • Creeps - 0% Not started
  • Heroes - 10% ideas started
  • Spells - 5% just ideas
  • Items - 0% Not started
  • Triggers - 15% basics of systems started
  • Overall - 17.5%
To do:
  1. Finish Terrain.
  2. Add Heroes.
  3. Implement equipment system.
  4. Implement trigger based EXP system.
  5. Put level Requirements on areas and dungeons.
  6. Set Difficulty Lvls in Area
What to expect:
  • Up to 11 spells for each hero spellbookk style. Spells coming in at 1-5-13-21-29-37-45-54-65-65-80
  • Max level 80.
  • Custom models/icons
  • Equipment System
  • unique classes
  • areas with req level
  • Items with reqs
  • Save/Load system
  • All spells trigger enhanced
  • Intro
  • Loot system
  • Custom minimap preview
  • Custom loadscreen
Classes:

• Betrayer (Damage dealer)
  • Vanquisher (Off-Tank)
  • Zealot (Support-Heal/damage dealer)
  • Puppeteer(unit controller)
  • Harbringer (Hybrid)
More too come.If you have any suggestions for classes and anything plz comment :)
Terrain:

2075i7q.jpg

14ijs43.jpg

20kyscg.jpg

158a885.jpg

zxqtqg.jpg

2v9yscn.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
So... it's a quite basic ORPG where nearly nothing is done. Why did you start a thread for it already?

All I can say from the info you have given: ... I like the blue color you used. :at:

Level 5
Well, I would suggest the About the Map come before every other thing or else, well, it is the foundation of the map and just telling us the heroes etc wont let us know what the game is really about. I suggest get right into the story line and map about. :)

Level 18
Screenshots 1-2-3 looks ugly, whereas others look fine.

I agree with cath ya, the heroes' idea are a bit more original than other RPG.

Level 7
I completely agree with Goffterdom. The main problem are the grass cliffs, they just don't fit. I think Pic #2 has the worst color combination I've ever seen. xD
I like the ice pic, looks good.

Level 13
There is so damn many ORPG so you should invent something special... just because everyone should seperate from mass.

And terrain is damn bad >_< get terrainer OR do daaaaaaaaaaamn big reterraining by yourself... If you need some help with terraining. I really recommend to look at terrain pictures in Terrain Borad-section of the forum. They helped me alot :p Also if you want to look at my map terraining just press link in my sign...
Use alot more tiles on ground and use doodads to make mountains and things. Cliffs looks so ugly... I hope this helped...

ok i'll check it out, i posted a little short story wip, i did it really quick so its not up to my normal spec.

Here:

In a land, where Kings were hailed as the highest power, all was good, until one day everything changed. An Ancient Power has been unleashed by *Marduuk* and has now taken over the land, he is slowly dring and destroying the three suns that transverse across the world, without these suns, the world will fall into a deep apocalypse that Would claim the entire world, and none would survive he ensuing chaos. Now Eight brave heroes venture out across the land, they will encounter many dangerous creatures, but Only when this ancient power is defeated will peace, and prosperity be restored to the land.

ok so i did some chages to this, but i want to know exactly how much morei should do?

Level 2
just so everyone knows. I worked extremely hard on making everything you saw, along side with real, we fixed all the cliffs, and many of the minor terrain changes such as :tree sizes, different trees in different areas, and etc. I would like CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM. i do not want a post such as "it sucks" it does not help in any way, and we will mute your post. please follow the post rules. thanks a bunch!

Hows this: In the land of Urdranna, wars come and go, beings of great power rise and fall. Kingdoms proclaim greatness only to fall into disarray years later… Time passes. By the time of the eight revival of the Grand Coalition this world had already seen thirteen great wars, and hundreds of lesser ones. And the greatest one yet, was about to erupt. Lord Mordain of the Akkiron Alliance suddenly declared war on the coalition. Not expecting any great attack or military prowess the coalition slowly moved into a defensive stance. Before the first month of the war, two grand cities had been lost without a trace. To messengers returned to the coalition. Scouts were deployed, and never returned. Finally, a grand battalion rode out, and discovered the truth: Lord Mordain had been, in secret, creating an army of undead warriors. This army could sink into the soil and appear somewhere else entirely, due to a great artifact discovered by Mordain: The amulet of earth. The two great powers engaged. Two hundred years of bloody conflict heralded a new ruler for the Coalition: High Emperor Mordain, Ruler of the Thousand Kingdoms. The world sank into peace again. The armies of the dead passed on, and living men took their place. Mordain’s son Lord Marduuk, estranged by his father for failing to support him, made a terrible mistake: he consorted with daemons. They possessed him, and used him as an avatar… to summon an ancient evil to Urdranna… The Forest folk awoke from their depleted state as a massice magical shockwave tore through the Urdranna. Bears changed into man like creatures, wolves gain incredible size… the world itself rebelled against this power, and against man.

Now a three-way war is being waged. Huamity, The Earth, And hell itself, are at war for the future of the entire world.

In this land, where Kings were hailed as the highest power, everything has changed. the Ancient Power has been unleashed by * Lord Marduuk* and has now taken over the land, he is slowly growing and destroying the three suns that transverse across the world, without these suns, the world will fall into darkness that will claim the entire world, and none would survive the ensuing chaos. Now Eight great generals of the Akkiron Alliance of a Thousan Kingdoms must defend their cities from the approaching darkness. they will encounter many dangerous creatures, but only when this ancient power is defeated will peace and prosperity be restored to the land. Many great challenges await them; The Forests teem with primal races gathering for war. This power has stirred the minds of some of the greatest creatures on this world… both good and evil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.