• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disciples II: Re-Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Disciples: Re-Awakening

Project Leader Intro
This is this first project that I've ever taken so long and i suspect that it will go all the way. I'm a massive fan of the Disciples Series and I've decided to remake it in Wc3 as well as adding many other features. I plan to first remake Disciples: Dark Prophesy then Disciples: Elves - Gold. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated =D. Me and my (very small) team will be posting update logs every 14 days or so.

Screenshots will be coming soon!
Updates

[post=1720758]Update 1 - Empire - Warrior Units & Upgrade Trees[/post]

Credits:
Project Head / Creative Development: CyberDuelX16
Code Checker: Real138
Assisting Triggerer: -HellBreed-
Terrainer: Avaliable
Assisting Terrainers: -HellBreed-, Reaper51
UI Artist: Reaper51
Modelers (2 Needed): Avaliable / Avaliable
Brain Stormer: Avaliable
Testers: Renaissance / Testers are always needed!
Protection Manager: Reaper51
Models from Hive-Workshop
(Gonna credit as soon as beta version is out)

0.1b - Create Elementals and Elemental Spellbook for "Elementalist"]
0.1e - Find a better model for "Priest"

Overall Progress - ||||||||||

Units - ||||||||||
Buildings - ||||||||||
Abilities - ||||||||||

Units - ||||||||||
Buildings - ||||||||||
Abilities - ||||||||||

Units - ||||||||||
Buildings - ||||||||||
Abilities - ||||||||||

Units - ||||||||||
Buildings - ||||||||||
Abilities - ||||||||||

Turn-Based Battle System - ||||||||||
Map Grid System - ||||||||||
Paper Doll System - ||||||||||
Unit Evolution System - ||||||||||
Custom Bar System - ||||||||||

Story.gif

empire.jpg
The Empire:

At the end of the First Great Wars, the Emperor’s sadness turned into depression, as the loss of his Queen and their son was to great for him to bear. With no heir apparent the Empire was in shambles as corruption spread like wildfire throughout the realm.
The Empire:

clans.jpg
The Mountain Clans:

With the Runes of Wisdom secured, the battle hardened warriors ventured home. Upon their return they were greeted with the sight of Valkyries, carrying the rotting corpses of the dead to their mighty god Wotan. To ensure their survival the Mountain Clans need to reunite their lost tribes and return to their ancient way of life.
The Mountain Clans:

heretic.jpg
The Legions of the Damned:

Moments away from freedom, Bethrezen and his followers were trapped inside a mountain by the Empire and the Mountain Clans. And now as the seal on their earthly prison deteriorates, the Legions of the Damned plot their vengeance.

undead.jpg
The Undead Hordes:

Mortis released the minions from her spell upon enacting revenge on the King of the Mountain Clans. But now she calls on them again as she searches for divine blood to revive her departed soulmate.
The Undead Hordes:
Races.gif

EmpireCloseUp.jpg

The Empire:

The Empire, once a grand populous is now in a state of chaos. The Great Wars have devastated the lands, its people are dying from hunger and disease that may eventually bring death to the Empire. Peace and justice of old are being rapidly shattered and the Empire's people have turned against each other. Without an heir to the throne, the Empire is doomed.
The Empire:

ClansCloseUp.jpg

The Mountain Clans:

The Mountain Clans have mourned the loss of their High King, killed during the Great Wars. Once a proud race, their lands now lie in ruin, barren, like the hearts of its people. They thought themselves safe against attack in their high mountain range, but they were not prepared for the Undead Hordes that vanquished their King. Now the Mountain Clans prepare for the ancient verses of their Rune Laws to come true, for Ragnarok to emerge and bring Armageddon to their lands.
The Mountain Clans:

UndeadCloseUp.jpg

The Undead Hordes:

The Undead Hordes are lifeless and scattered throughout the realm after Mortis released her grasp. She has avenged her husband's death and defeated the High King of the Mountain Clans. Now she waits a thousand years for her husband's return. But patience has never been a virtue of Mortis and she has discovered a means to revive Gallean and it will mean death for all who appose her.
The Undead Hordes:

HereticCloseUp.jpg

The Legions of the Damned have waited a decade; the time to release Brethrezen is near. Even though most of the heretic forces have been destroyed, they have still managed to survive and have taken high seats amongst their kin. They will use their influence and power to finally free Brethrezen from his mountain lair, which will mean devastation and death for those that imprisoned him ten years ago.
Gameplay.gif

Gameplay:

Disciples: Re-Awakening is a turn-based RPS game that pits four races - the Empire, the Mountain Clans, the Legions of the Damned and the Undead Hordes - against each other in a battle for control of the Sacred Lands.

Disciples: Re-Awakening takes place ten years after the Great Wars fought in ]the first Disciples (Sacred Lands). You begin the game by selecting one of four races; each race has its own sagas (campaigns) and unique quests. Once chosen, you will need to select a lord who will lead your party in battle and who will grant your party certain abilities.

When a lord has been chosen, you are required to build your party and start your quest. Beginning from your capital city, you may set forth on single-mission quests or multi-mission sagas that contain varying objectives. Each turn consists of entering into combat, developing your capital city, acquiring resources and casting spells.

Maps will be made individually varying from skirmish to campaign.
Features.gif

Features:

Unlimited Upgrade for Leaders and Units:
After the Maximum upgrade has been reached, units will continue to gain experience and have certain attributes upgraded.

Events and triggers have been added.
By introducing the event and trigger system into the game it allows for more dynamic gameplay, where neutral parties will also take turns and even attack your characters depending on their AI state.

New battle attacks.
This will mean an increase in the combat strategy for Disciples: Re-Awakening.

The Leaders can be equipped with more items.
In Disciples: Re-Awakening, Leaders will benefit from being equipped with up to 7 items at a time; 5 items to increase a character’s attributes and 2 items to be used during combat.

Different objectives for each race.
Each race will have specific objectives during the course of their quests. This will allow you to have a different and individual adventure for each race adding to the replay value of each quest.

New unit and leader abilities.
Both units and leaders will now have new additional abilities including combat abilities like Summon and Transform.

Battle.Net Capability.
You can now play this map on Battle.Net allowing you to play with your friends and other players.

Higher Resolution.
Using Warcraft 3 Resolution, the graphics should improve quite a lot.

More Units.
Each of the races will now have even more units to discover and deploy across the battlefield!

More in game spells.
Each of the races will now have even more spells to cast on the command map!

Sagas (campaigns).
Disciples: Re-Awakening will have completely remade versions of all your favorite quests from Disciples: Dark Prophesy!

Over 40 standalone Quests.
This is twice as many than Disciples: Dark Prophesy and will increase in number, as the game gets closer to completion.

Full screen combat.
When combat occurs in Disciples: Re-Awakening, the entire screen will be your battlefield. You won’t be restricted to a small battle window.

Combat controls have been updated.
During combat you’ll be able to click on the individual units as well as their portraits on the interface, allowing you more control within the battle screen.

Leaders will be able to use items in battle in addition to their regular attacks.
Allowing the Leaders to use equipped items during combat will change the battle strategy and will open the combat to more dramatic confrontations.

A Paper Doll interface.
You will be able to equip your Leaders using the intuitive ‘Paper Doll’ interface added to Dark Prophecy. This will open up more strategic character building within the game.
Stay Tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Thanks! xD. I'm sure yours would have been great too =). Thanks for the support! The team will try it's best :)

Cool. I saw this game on the shelf of a Cash Converters a few years back. It looked old, but the images looked awesome as. I wish you good luck on this.
For future reference, there is a turn-based strategy map made already by La'Rash, or something, called Soulchess, and it got a DC. You could take a look at it for some more ideas.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Soulchess is awesome, not the TBS i could use though, plus, the thing doesn't really have any ideas for this genre. Thanks for the GL! =D

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It won't. And It would be FRIGGI'N Awesome if we did!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Mini - Update Log 1
Finally got all the Icons, Models, Skills, Animations and Pathings for Empire Units up & Running. While ALL Empire units are completed, only the Empire "Warrior" units are Finalized (Meaning balanced, fully tested etc.)All Empire Warrior units and their stats have been posted and can be viewed below =). Upgrade Paths have also been posted and can be found below the unit list. Feedback is appreciated!
Empire - Warrior Units

IconNameHPArmorInitiativeDamageXP UpXP ValueLevelLevels ToLevels FromReachAttackTargetsWardsImmunitiesAbilities
icons_8622_btn.jpg
Squire100None502580201Knight OR Witch HunterNoneAdjacentWeapon1NoneNoneNone

IconNameHPArmorInitiativeDamageXP UpXP ValueLevelLevels ToLevels FromReachAttackTargetsWardsImmunitiesAbilities
icons_10512_btn.jpg
Knight150None5050475602Imperial KnightSquireAdjacentWeapon1NoneNoneNone

icons_9396_btn.jpg
Witch Hunter140None5050475602InquisitorSquireAdjacentWeapon1NoneMindNone

icons_9771_btn.jpg
Imperial Knight200None50759501203PaladinKnightAdjacentWeapon1NoneNoneNone

icons_7455_btn.jpg
Inquisitor180None50759501203Grand InquisitorWitch HunterAdjacentWeapon1NoneMindNone

icons_11578_btn.jpg
Paladin175305010016002004Defender of Faith OR Holy AvengerImperial KnightAdjacentWeapon1NoneNoneNone

icons_11488_btn.jpg
Grand Inquisitor210None501008001904NoneInquisitorAdjacentWeapon1FireMindNone

icons_11840_btn.jpg
Defender of Faith225307012527003205NonePaladinAdjacentWeapon1NoneNoneNone

IconNameHPArmorInitiativeDamageXP UpXP ValueLevelLevels ToLevels FromReachAttackTargetsWardsImmunitiesDouble Strike
icons_8067_btn.jpg
Holy Avenger250None507520003005NonePaladinAdjacentWeapon1NoneNone
icons_7451_btn.jpg
Empire - Warrior Units Level Tree - Defender of Faith Path

SquireXP UpLevelLevels ToKnightXP UpLevelLevels ToImperial KnightXP UpLevelLevels ToPaladinXP UpLevelLevels ToDefender of FaithXP UpLevel
icons_8622_btn.jpg
801---->
icons_10512_btn.jpg
4752---->
icons_9771_btn.jpg
9503---->
icons_11578_btn.jpg
16004---->
icons_11840_btn.jpg

Empire - Warrior Units Level Tree - Holy Avenger Path

SquireXP UpLevelLevels ToKnightXP UpLevelLevels ToImperial KnightXP UpLevelLevels ToPaladinXP UpLevelLevels ToHoly AvengerXP UpLevel
icons_8622_btn.jpg
801---->
icons_10512_btn.jpg
4752---->
icons_9771_btn.jpg
9503---->
icons_11578_btn.jpg
16004---->
icons_8067_btn.jpg

Empire - Warrior Units Level Tree - Grand Inquisitor Path

SquireXP UpLevelLevels ToWitch HunterXP UpLevelLevels ToInquisitorXP UpLevelLevels ToGrand InquisitorXP UpLevel
icons_8622_btn.jpg
801---->
icons_9396_btn.jpg
4752---->
icons_7455_btn.jpg
9503---->
icons_11488_btn.jpg

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Thanks Reaps! Might have some work for you if Breed actually logs on again T_T

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Thanks! Gimme some time xD! Tommorw! I Promise!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Will do, I'll notify you when a beta comes out

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It's $10 max maybe another $10 for Rise of the Elves. I have a download link for you if you wanan play for free. Please: BACK ON TOPIC

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Progress is in first post. You can see the map when -HellBreed- replies to my messages.

Level 11
whoa you were being serious when you told me you were going to make a disciples map :D haha sweet man, i just really hope its very similar..^^

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ofc i was being serious! Thanks for the support, I'll try my best =)

Level 11
wait lol i just wanna know.. when you go in combat, u think you can like move the units to a battleground like in disciples instead of them just fighting at that place.. :D

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It's quite clear you've got disciples III . Which, for lack of a better word was one of the biggest disappointments in the world. I might make a TBS movement system for another map if i feel like it. Though Disciples III had lovely graphics and a cool hero development system, but that's about it.

Level 11
lol noo.... my dad bought Disciples 3... i took one glance at it and never wanted to see it again... i have Disciples Gold.. and all Disciples 2 games, i already established that with u a while back... Every Disciples game has it that when your "Hero" engages an enemy, it set u in what i call combat mode situation... where u take u can now strategize ur units to attack a target... this is what i meant... i didnt mean like in disciples 3, a battleground where u can move your units around, no.. i meant like a new interface that sets your units up in like a battle mode like in both disciples 1 & 2... Turn Based mode!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I already have a turn based mode up and running. I wanna get some unit portrait system up. Maybe on a scoreboard of something else.

Level 11
are you gonna also have like a capital system where u buy buildings to let your units upgrade.. and maybe also able to garrison your units in cities

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ofc, not sure about garrison. But I'm not putting an UBER WTFHAX guard in the capital.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Cool, I never played Disciples, but this looks great!
Thanks, but you really should =)
Hey looks good! Hope it turns out for you guys :) lemme know if you need anything
Thanks F_W! I'll make sure i ask you for help if i need it =)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ah dude that game is a piece of ***, nothing like the original Disciples II. Get that one. We're basing it off that (with a few of our own things ofc)

Level 2
Heh, I though of many times how this could be done in WC3...

Not sure If I can help, but +rep for your try. xD

I am huge D1 and D2 fan (hate the 3rd game), so I'll be first in line to check this one out when it's done.

cheers!

Level 19
Looks interesting, but what do you mean by a 'Paper Doll' system? After reading the explanation, I still didn't get it, sorry...

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I was going to say that.

Hows your progress on this
Computer broke down, setbacks...however, progress is coming along nicely again!

i would help but im busy making a Campaign Hope it works out great =)
]Thanks!

Yes, well one of these days he needs to get on so he can acually do it.
I'm back! xD

Any progress on this map so far??? just wondering? hope it becomes foreal
Yes, I'm almost finished with the second race =)

Holy crap I just found this and I would love to do some testing when you have something playable =D

I've only played Disciples 3, but I liked it a lot and have seen how Disciples 2 is played

Would very much like to see what you have in store for us =D
Thank you, and will do!
Looks interesting, but what do you mean by a 'Paper Doll' system? After reading the explanation, I still didn't get it, sorry...
Not at all, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_doll_(gaming)

Level 35
Paper Doll system will be awesome =D
Anyway, just want to let you know that if you need a tester for the project, I'd be more than happy to do that. If you wish, I could even get a group of friends of however many you want together to playtest it against each other, and we'll take down notes on what needs improving, what doesn't work properly, what is awesome and should never be changed, etc. etc.

If you like, I could also attempt to come up with some ideas to help you with the project, but I would probably need to see the progress you've made so far before I can make any judgements on what would be good to include and such.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Paper Doll system will be awesome =D
Anyway, just want to let you know that if you need a tester for the project, I'd be more than happy to do that. If you wish, I could even get a group of friends of however many you want together to playtest it against each other, and we'll take down notes on what needs improving, what doesn't work properly, what is awesome and should never be changed, etc. etc.

If you like, I could also attempt to come up with some ideas to help you with the project, but I would probably need to see the progress you've made so far before I can make any judgements on what would be good to include and such.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, if you could provide an MSN or email i could contact you with testing info. (I'm almost ready to test too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.