• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TBS or macro RTS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I want to create a map, but, as the title says, i cannot decide what it's going to be. Of course, a map is created to be played not to "exist". I already have something going, but I'm still at the beginning and I must decide which path I'll follow.

So, personally, I am a lover of turn-based and I find the W3 lore pretty vast regarding different creatures for a TBS (unlike Starcraft 2, for example).

I want to find out the people' oppinions about this ? Would they prefer a TBS or a macro RTS ? Why one and why not the other ? Details here, pls. Please take into consideration aspects like number of players, map size, average game time, etc.

Thank you

Level 25
Not to say that one is necessarily better/worse than the other, but I'd just like to point out that TBS is generally enjoyed far less than RTS among Warcraft 3 players. Wc3 is, after all, an RTS.

That said, I greatly appreciate "new" things for wc3 - I've seen hundreds of macro RTS maps, not much more to be done there. A TBS done right would be great for the players open enough to give it a shot.

Level 1
Someone can close this

Well, I expected a couple more explicit answers but anyway... In the meantime, I got an idea of a TBS + RTS and I'll start working. Thanks and close this thread, pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.