• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Arena v 1.1b

[TD]
[TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57586.jpg
[/TD]

I'll be glad if someone can test this on multiplayer because it lacks testing and some bugs still might occur.

Well I want you guys to test this:

Hero pick on the same team at least more than 2 players.
If you die the game will crash, i'm still not sure if I fix that but its okay when I'm testing alone.

Links:

Project main forum is located here: http://chaosarena.blizzardmodding.info/

If you want to play online, just join our garena group: 69323

Map Info

We all know that everyone in this world wants riches unspeakable even by man. Thats why our heroes are here. A party of travelers journey into a castle of an old, forgotten king who ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. So brutal, you could even call him Chaos itself. Our party of travelers journeyed into the very bowels of the castle. There, unlimited riches, which stretched as the eye could see was seen by the party. Greed filled these travelers. A greed so enormous, it even awoke the spirit of the fallen king himself.

The king awoke. He filled these travelers in bitter greed that only the humble could resist. In order to lift his curse and escape with the riches, the king trapped these travelers in an unwinding arena, wherein the strongest and the last standing must kill his own allies or Chaos itself to escape the dungeon and fill their lives with riches the world could not imagine.

Map type: Arena
Suggested Players: Equal Players

Features:
  • Amazing Terrain
  • Item upgrades
  • Game can be fast paced or slow and strategic game
  • Custom Heroes
  • Coded and spells with nice effects
Media:

Screenshot

Video"

[TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57588.jpg
[TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57589.jpg

[/TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57491.jpg
[TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57493.jpg

[/TD]
211785-albums5536-picture57458.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]

CREDITS:

Skins/Models/Icons:

Black_Stan
Cloud Wolf
Morbid
ArcanisteR
67chrome
shamanyouranus
GooS
Darkfang
Xezko
shiiK
Kyzerdrood32
Red Shift
Nudl9
Dionesiist
BurninRose
Ampharos_222/-Grendel-
PeeKay
Hellx-Magnus
NFWar
L_Lawliet
xDeathKnightx
bigapple90
CRAZYRUSSIAN
4eNNightmare
Sansui
sPy

Spells/Systems:

crozzz
Hashjie
NFWar
Paladon
cyberkid
marsal
Marcos DAB
Jay the Editor
Sean_D-real
Beast(TrOg)
tjordell
-Mortar-
krisserz
Vladadamm

Thanks to this guys who always supported me on this project:

Drunken_Jackal
Sin'dorei300
Ken-E
Moyack
Kuwe

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5536-picture62704.gif
[/TD]
[TD] LOG

• 11/16/12
  • Updated the What was done with one new bug fix.
    11/17/12
  • Removed Necromage and replaced it with Ice Sage with full coded spells.
[/TD]
[TD] Chaos Arena 1.1b Current Bug Fix/Changelog [/TD]
[TD]
What was done?
  • {Major} Fixed Step Through bug that removes invisible platforms making units fall below the terrain.
  • {Major} Changed Living Statue's Shock Explosion with a new spell "Fiery Rock".

Fiery Rock:

Summons a fiery rock that deals fire damage to enemy unit close to it.
    Damage: 20/40/60/80
    Last: 3/6/9/12
    Cast Range: 100/200/300/400
    AoE: 150/300/450/600

• {Major} Changed Flaming Arrow's special effect that causes dramatic lag.
  • {Minor} Adjusted Rock Slide's rock falling to remove heavy lag.
  • {Minor} Adjusted Hotkey and icon placement on Twin Brother's spells.
  • {Minor} Adjusted icon placement on The Unforgiving's spell.
  • {Major} Another bug that destroys IF, this time on Living Statue's RockSlide spell but its fix now.
  • {Major} Removed Necromage and replaced it with Ice Mage with full coded spells.
  • {Minor} Added 1 item
  • {Minor} Disabled Events, they will be back on 1.2
  • And other minor stuffs

[/TD]
[TD]If things goes as I plan then we can proceed to version 1.2 with new contents without releasing version 1.1c etc.[/TD]
[TD] Chaos Arena 1.2 Plan [/TD]
[TD]
  • (FINALLY!) Finish the 3 new heroes.
    - the Shoveler (Actually this one is almost done) - Team 1 Hero
    - the Blind - Team 1 Hero
    - the Dark Lancer - Team 2 Hero
  • 12 new items
    - 4 new weapons
    - 3 new support weapons
    - 5 new advance items(advance weapons are items that needed recipes can also be upgraded.)
  • Bug fixing if there are some.
[/TD]

Keywords:
Chaos, Arena, SonofJay, AoS, HeroArena,Warcraft3
Contents

Chaos Arena v 1.1b (Map)

Reviews
09:16, 16th Aug 2012 -Kobas-: On request [EDIT] Orcnet [17:12, 2012/Nov/18] "Approved"

M

09:16, 16th Aug 2012
-Kobas-: On request

[EDIT]

Orcnet
[17:12, 2012/Nov/18]

"Approved"

Level 28
No we haven't implemented the ai yet, it have some bugs that needed to be fix sorry about that.

EDIT:

Found 2 bugs, event creeps doesn't attack the castle and a leak on one spell, it will be fix on the next version.

This is the plan for the next version(1.2):

• 4 new heroes.
  • 3 new items.
  • And some minor bug fixing.

Last edited:
Level 15
The terraining is awesome and the horizontal camera works like a glove, a bit laggy but it'll manage. A bit cliche and typical AoS like DotA (I'm really sorry to say) but overall I loved how you made the game.

Can't really drop a full review due to lack of AI and actual players, but here's some glitches I encounter.
*Map description is a blank
*So is the preview page, only a blank white
*I think a more consistent race should be implemented, like all Human on one team while the other one is Orc
Suggestions though, you're still plenty of space, care to fancy a custom soundtrack? ;)

Level 28
@Ken, well I'm still thinking of things to apply to make it a unique hero arena map and about the map description, well its really blank, but I don't know about the preview image, since its working fine to me. I'll be thinking about the custom soundtrack, but I'll focus on the heroes and items for a while. :D

@Moyack, lets talking about this privately boss.

Level 4
It's still crash when the hero die, I suggest you to force spawning waves to defend if the castle is attacked, some kind of condition "If Ennemy team's units is in region of the castle" then order spawned units to patrol to region of the castle, wait until numer of ennemy units in region castle equal to 0 then order them to attack like they are doing usually.

I'm sorry If I'm not really understandable but my english isn't that good... However nice terraining, spells and idea for the upgradable items !

Level 4
for me it looks still like alpha phase like still alot of problems with camera still lots of bugs and it laggs 5/5 rating because the ideea is colosal and if it gets finished just the way it intends to do it will result in a very cool map . For now 5/5 with negative points over lagg issues over camera and over gameplay and mechanics in general ... these can be solves so 5/5 ! Good luck !

Level 28
Thanks guys, well I wonder why the map crashes when your hero died, I keep trying and trying it but mine doesn't crash tested both on unprotected and unprotected version, can you guys send me a replay about that weird crash?

@Nolko, well I don't want the idea that the creeps will defend the castle, its the heroes jobs to defend it, I'll add a teleport scroll on the shop so hero can teleport when the castle was being attack or think of a cool idea when the castle was attack.

@Masokist, thanks for the compliment, I'm pretty sure that the game lags because of the huge amount of doodads around the arena, that whole arena took about 10000+ doodads,

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure that the next version will have better performance and more content. Just keep sending those bugs, suggestions etc and I'll work on it. ;)

Level 8
First of all I love the terrain style of this map. Secondly I found some typos like "assualt" with the battlewarden hero. Also my fps dips sometimes near 30 fps, not sure what's going on there, may be just the amount of high quality doodads.

Thirdly I need to test it more before I can say more. All in all very promising arena/aos style map and it's something similar I've imagined to do some time.

Level 28
Thanks, unfortunately the report of Nolko really does exist me and Ken-E encountered it when we're testing the map

Well there is really a bad news, looks like the Crash when your Hero Die issue is still here, -Kobas- checked it out earlier same as me but we never encountered that crash, but when I played with Ken-E when I killed him both of us get a crash, I re-read my code, and I can't see anything wrong, but I'll probably recode my revive system yup, I believe it needs to be re-coded since its supposed to work with the custom health bar system which is currently turn off due to bugs, so I guess after I recode the revive system, we can also get rid of that silly bug.

I'm dealing with it now, about the typos I'll look again on the tooltips etc etc to check it,

also some progress of the new version, 1 of the 4 heroes are now finish, also I'll balance the gold cost of every items since they are too low atm, you can buy +5 item at the starting gold(or maybe I'll add a system that will divide the full gold per player).

Level 8
Ok it's some of the abilities that cause a massive lag and some just crash it ie. the flaming arrow, tauren's Q, trickster ulti. I think it's because of the dummy spells you're using with them. Also I assume you're going to replace all the default blizzard spells right? I will test it with more players once you've fixed the lags and crashes.

I think I found a bug: When you buy Beatstick +5, it gives you Mail Armor for some reason? Also the greed king event minions just stand around your base doing nothing.

The heroes of the left team are far better designed imo.

These are my five cents about this map.

Level 28
@KuWe, thanks, Yes I will change all the default one to a coded spells, hmm, I already know about the Living Statue's First spell(I changed it since that spell really have a annoying bug to fix), but didn't know that burning arrow also cause lags(I always use that hero) anyway, I'm gonna fix all the things you said and will balance all the 10 hero atm, I won't be sure if the 4 new heroes will be balance, but that will be work on as the progress goes on.

Last edited:
Level 4
What about some tower to defend the castle ? Or maybe the castle could make spawn some creeps to defend it or Idk but the first time I rushed by the top lane and then I saw that my castle beeing attacked, I run backward to defend it but when I comes they were 10-15 and I couldn't kill them.

Maybe something like a turrel like in DoTa could be good to ensure that no rush would be possible

Level 28
@FRENGERS, no AI yet, but we're working on it, but first, I need to remove the heavy lag cause by the high amount of doodads and special effects from the spells.

But I asked -kobas- not to moderate the map first so I can gather more feedbacks, bug reports, and suggestions, since I can't get any on the map development section.

Level 30
the map itself is incredible, I was caught in a glaze on how you worked the terrain, and the use of highly detailed models gave it more attraction, I like this new genre of AoS, I couldn't start my response for the game and make a rate for now since your already on the work for version 1.2 so probably when that map is uploaded, I'll do myself a review for this, anyways very pleasing map :)

Last edited:
Level 28
Thanks, I was shock to see this on the approved section to be serious. I'll upload a new version 1.1b(2) just to fix that ulti of sage. I forgot to set its level requirement.

Anyway I'm glad to see its approve even though they're still some silly bugs.(but meh, every arena/aos type maps have bugs.)

@Radamantus,

AI is not the priority atm, though the we already have the core, but its acting weird atm.

Level 28
@Radicool

the gameplay, story, etc is far more important than it's looks... on RPG types of map, this is Arena/AoS type so I don't get what you're pointing out. I have gameplay videos, go check them out its better to watch than to look on silly screenshot.

@IChaos

o_O wut? Can you tell me more info about that?

@Sin

*cheers*
--------

Looks like no one really test this out on multiplayer because no one reported that. If you're on a same team and then someone on your team pick a hero the other team members will be unable to pick heroes. Don't worry guys, i'll be releasing a 1.1c version with this bug fixes.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Players that select the same hero as other allies to see what's it about cancels the previous player's selection.
Once a player chose a hero the other player could not choose a hero probably because that player chose a level 1 spell?

The aesthetics seems well met.