• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to use a .blp as a unit model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey guys,

i want to create a custom game interface, and therefore i recently read many forum threads, and in one of them, i saw guys writing about a possibility to "use a whatever.blp as a units model".

Is there a possibility to give an unit an inamge as model?

(I want to know this, because i would like every player to be able to create its interface on the real map, and therefore only this player should be able to see his interface...)

Thanks for any answers in advance :D

Level 16
It's very simple. Yust download custom model at this post.

Here is the test map.

How to use
Create custom destructible
Remove variations
Change ''Replaceable Texture Path'' to path of icon
Uncheck ''Has Lightweight Model''

To use it as unit, you will have to use periodic trigger that moves destructible to position of unit.

Screenshot:
55630d1243510217-icon-model-request-screen.jpg

Level 14
I think, i didnt explain well enough.
I meant, only Player X should see the image, when he opens his interface. But i never saw a possibility, to show a destructable to only one player...
Is there a way like this?

Level 7
If you were to base it off of a unit you could try using the shade's invisibility ability... Would that work for you?

Level 16
You can show/hide destructibles.

If you want to show destructible to specific player, use GetLocalPlayer function

Note that Player 1 (Red) is Player(0)
Note that Player 2 (Blue) is Player(1)
Note that Player 3 (Teal) is Player(2)
And so on...

• Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
  • Destructible - Show (Last created destructible)
  • Custom script: endif

Level 14
Thanks Guys for your answers.
Thanks Child of Bodom again for your detailed help, but i already know this.

It works, and im currently using this, but its very! too complicated, to be a good system, because i have to show and hide about 200 icons ingame for 4 players...

Thats why i wanted to use units with the Ghost Ability, as-ALPHA- said. And this is, why i asked, if it was possible to give a unit the model of a texture, i mean the same way you do it with destructables to create these icon models...

Thanks for trying to help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.