1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Wintermaul: The Remake

Submitted by LevelZeroUbersaw
Update, 21/05/2012: I am no longer developing this map. If someone so desires, they may take over development for this map and make the features I couldn't make.

The forces of Northrend are preparing to invade the galaxy! Select your race, build your towers, create your mazes and ultimately prevent them from escaping!

A StarCraft II remake of the classic "Wintermaul" series from WarCraft III. I owe a big thanks to quite a few people who helped me along the way, including those who helped me retrieve the map after I suffered an unfortunate incident with my external hard drive.

A note to all those who are interested in using this as a template for their mauls: You're free to use this map as a template, so long as you give me credit for my work.

Keywords:
Wintermaul, Remake, Mazes, Lives
Contents

Wintermaul.sc2map (Map)

1. 15:23, 20th Dec 2010
    Dr Super Good:
    One can not really go wrong with recreating one of the better mauls into another game. Comments also sound like it is done prety well.

Description is a bit lacking for people who do not know the map from Warcraft III though.

2. qwerty8

qwerty8
    Cool! :D
    I like mauls:D

3. Darkzealot_128

Darkzealot_128
    Good job, now people will be able to play wintermaul on SC2 and some people will base some mauls off this as a template.

4. lightning brigade

lightning brigade
    Gonna upload this on NA with your permission my friend.

5. snowman990

snowman990
    i love wintermaul :D

6. LevelZeroUbersaw

LevelZeroUbersaw
    You're welcome to upload it.

7. Wazzz

Wazzz
    Ah yes, this is one of the actually well done Starcraft 2 maps =D
    Although, as I recall when I played it online, when my friend and I finished it, nothing happened. Has this been fixed already? If not, plz do
    Other than that, awesome =D

8. LevelZeroUbersaw

LevelZeroUbersaw
    That was fixed since forever ago.

9. mnib

mnib
    cool a maul :D

10. Alfagar

Alfagar
    It's great.
    It would be cool if a spawn location close with every player that has left and in the start if some spawn is unguarded

11. lightning brigade

lightning brigade
    NA loves this map! Kudos to you, it has been in the loop all day, and everyone loves WMW the remake! Gratz Sube, you made a great map :D!

12. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou
    I had fun, you should get rid of the movement points and fix the bottom right/left zones as they're hard to build in.

also, dark protoss is better then all other races, except for mohadar, it is pretty bad.

13. Cweener

Cweener
    No moderation privileges yet... :(

14. Leviathan

Leviathan
    I can't find this map in EU, can I publish it there?

15. LevelZeroUbersaw

LevelZeroUbersaw
    Of course.

16. mouseman89

mouseman89
    Could I make a map using this a a base? If I ever finish it you will be given credit.

17. LevelZeroUbersaw

LevelZeroUbersaw
    That's why I left it open on Battle.net. Feel free to use this as a template, since you'll give me my credit.

18. ITsDuffTime

ITsDuffTime
    Wooow! The Wintermaul! Very nice but you should add more Boss-Rounds that would make the game more interesting.

19. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX
    Very very nice, I can't wait to play this online with a couple friends. If you would allow me to, I would like to use this as a template as well to create an anime wintermaul, if that is ok with you, i will of course credit you.