• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I love your work, can you tell me what tablet are you using if your using one? And how much are you into drawing, were you good like that from the start, or did you practice everyday? Keep those art pieces coming up, you the man. :)

-------------------------------------------------------
Tablet = basic bamboo, but the tablet doesn't make the artist either way... cause in fact I have a sucky tablet what so ever...

How much am I into drawings? = I dream of myself doing a drawing... that should explain how deep I'm into drawing....

for example = that Lion warrior guy composition came from a dream...

Was I good like that from the start?= I'm sorry mate, but that is a really stupid question, of course I wasn't... I learned everything I know throughout the past 13 years.. I started drawing at 6, basically...

And, I'm right now studying in art... looking forward to become a certified concept artist. And maybe one day an art director... yes, I'm pretty much into art.

so yes, I do try to draw everyday, but none the less I think about doing it everyday. Or I have my mind drifting into concepts.
-------------------------------------------------------

Level 27
Dunno how you guys, but I believe that Einstein's words ("99% effort, 1% talent", or something similar) apply to art too - all the people are somewhat equal, just some get better opportunities to develop their artistic skills or learn drawing quicker.

And sorry if I went slightly off-topic.

Did that today, for a friend's (aka Linaze) site...this will be his banner!
His site, basically a site about: Posting jokes, and silly images...

Enjoy!

glana_glenn_banner_by_mr_goblin-d4apuz6.png

Attachments

• GlanaglenAvatar.png
    GlanaglenAvatar.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 59
  • GlanaGlenAvatar2.gif
    GlanaGlenAvatar2.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 51
  • bg_body.png
    bg_body.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 99

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Lol, is a viking!

Oziris, none are born with an exceptional ability to draw, some people just start sooner, some learn faster, some give it more effort, some have relatives that inspire them, etc. I started drawing pretty much as soon as I learned to hold a pencil (err, don't we all?) and in kinder garden, I would make drawings of Donald Duck and various other comic characters, using references. Dad did occasional freelance artworks, so he inspired me to learn drawing. Anyway, I won't continue this story, I'd hate to hijack the thread.

Any idea when you'll be doing your next livestream, Goblin? :3

Aw...aw...awesome :D

Really, the design and originality is just imba. They are inspiring me of "Mario" and stuff. Really awesome.

I bet they are.. I got alot of ideas of most of N64 games and some of my favorite games..

like the pygmys idea came from Diablo 2, I just made my own looking Pigmys, the voodoo mask, the idea came from Crash Bandicout.. but with my own twitch, I decided to add the mask idea to the pygmys too.. etc.

so it's natural that all my goblin's Tale drawing could remind you ''somehow'' of a game you know. :goblin_yeah:

So what are those small... things? I mean, those at bottom left. Are those are some kind of pets/companions, or just random critters?

They are called the ''Snuffle'' they are pet/items used by the goblin's as weapon against the ''Fish people''

Spiky blue thing = Ruffle, it can be use as a Land mine or a grenade.
#1 when a ''fish man'' step on it, it deals good damage and he can't move anymore since his feet is hurt.
#2 When goblins press on it's abdoment, it goes mad and blows. So If a goblin press on it, it will explode in an explosion of dart, after 5 secondes of being ''pressed''. (deals minor damange, but in a Aoe)

Grand Ruffle = he is a random boss you have to bet for a quest, if you want to use the special item Ruffle.

Monkey thing = Muffle, it can be use as a weapon or a trap thing.
#1 you can spin it around your head, dealing damages to any ''fish man'' attacking you.
#2 you can spin it at throw it at ''fish man'' feet, making all the ''fish man'' in the same line of the projectile, to get on their face. (can't go over 5).

Grand Muffle = he is a random boss you have to bet for a quest, if you want to use the special item Ruffle.

Raccoon kind of thing = Puffle, it can be used as a spell or a shield.
1# = he lays on your head, and every time a ''fish man'' walks close to you, he'll go (Tazmanien devil) on them dealing multiple small damages to who ever attacks you.

2# = you throw it at a single murloc, and it will eat him alive until it dies.

Grand Ruffle = he is a random boss you have to bet for a quest, if you want to use the special item Ruffle.

I think that's sort of the idea, Tleno - Puffles\Muffles\Ruffles all look extremely cute and lovely, but they are secretly insane killing machines. At least, that's what Gobo told me in Skype some time ago.

Also, I do believe Goblin's Tale is meant to be very cartoonish and silly. Nothing srs bsns about it. :p

what he said.. although, Goblin's Tale is srs bsn :O.

Yes, it is MENT to be a funny game with a lot of cameo, Easter-eggs, jokes and silly looking creatures... but that was all planned out. So in a way, it is serious business. Just like a comedy movie, every jokes counts, every lines are important and you have to master the tempo and the types of jokes you are including in that movie to be able to make people laugh. Yet, you still need to have lovely characters with a good story to give a structure and a meaning to all your jokes. blablabla, you understood...

anywya, good news, I'll be done with CAPTAIN SHARKBAIT! in about an hour, and yesterday I came up with a new creature concept too :D

Level 51
Okay, since there are a lot of cameos as you said... does Sharkbait has to do anything with Fetus from super meat boy game? Kinda reminds me of it.

So the game and gameplay is serious thing, but the world and overall style of game will be all funny and comedical?

The answer my friend... is swimming in the fish bottle above in the shredder typy thing. The answer my friend... is swimming in the... ok bad joke ^-^
Whatever. That shredder thingy is awesome :goblin_yeah:

Okay, since there are a lot of cameos as you said... does Sharkbait has to do anything with Fetus from super meat boy game? Kinda reminds me of it.

There won't be any Cameos included in the creatures I make (I think, at least for progress I made now), beside comical version of my diffrent projects... like the Grand Puffle is my Rift Forest protector concept, but comical.

So the game and gameplay is serious thing, but the world and overall style of game will be all funny and comedical?

Yes... I'm going to be truthfull to the gameplay Ceadrus and I designed with spell combos and team-work and the use of items compared to the spells, with the same RPG aspect as well etc.

What I'm saying about the ''game and gameplay'' being all serious, is that every creatures I'm making, every spell I'm making: have an important role in the game, everything is focused around the ''Hero defense'' aspect of the game...

For example, The Snuffles: (Puffle / Ruffle / muffle ) might seem cute, but just like Deolrin already explained my idea, these creatures are ment to look cute but being deadly creatures, to push forward the comical aspect. Every Snuffle will have two type of abilities to push forward the gameplay aspect and the different strategy players can make... Indeed, there's snuffle that will be less useful than others, depending on which class the players decides to play.

Simple example : The muffle will be more useful to a spell caster than a DPS class... Because it will give a better protection to the low life class and help him get away more easily from the mass in case of over-grounded battlefield...

The first 3 Snuffle you seen there are also the most basic of the Snuffles.. I'm thinking of including Elemental Snuffles that will be used as recipe items for better powerful items, with also some nifty spells that will work perfectly with the classes spell to create combos.

Blablablabla

Yes, everything is thought of twice before being included in goblin's Tale, it's only the Look and the ''world'' of goblin's Tale that will be funny and silly.

Simple example: at some point in the game, Pirates will attack the village, instead of murlocs, to come and kill Bobby Crazy Eye. (They found his hide-out and demand pay back). Well the Final Boss, the Mastermind behind all the pirates is : Captain Sharkbait, a piranah controlling a robot...

So, a Piranah rules all the pirates... silly? YES! awesomely thought to be funny? YES! I first wanted to make the captain to be a mean Gorilla, but than I stoped myself from doing it and thought of all the possible silly animals that should be the ''Mastermind of all this operation''. The Robot idea came naturally cause I was thinking of the Goblin Shredder unit in warcraft3 (why? = no idea, creativity is a blurry thing to explain)... and it evolved into being controlled by a fish (inspired by the brain villain in TMNT).. the fish than became a Piranah to bring fourth the Pirate aspect.

Okay, one more silly question about the Sharbait: Why pincers and shainsaw? Pincers kinda fit the naval theme, but chainsaw... wouldn't it be cooler if he had a naval cannon or some pirate sword?

he's a robot, I plan oh him having diffrent nifty attacks, like the Chainsaw pops-out and it becomes a Cannon, or he goes back to his ship once in awhile and comes back to attack you with an other set of arms...

:D

Because I haven't gave you enough love in the past few days.. here's some new stuff :D

mrgoblin_is_awesome_by_mr_goblin-d4dsf0k.png

mrgoblin_is_beautifull_by_mr_goblin-d4dsf5b.png

made for my portfolio site http://vincentturcot.daportfolio.com/

soc_after_1_year_by_mr_goblin-d4cohea.png

Compilation of all the stuff I made for Scars of Conflict... still mising a few stuff :p

steam_boy_wip12_by_mr_goblin-d4ctyt7.png

New art for my portfolio, you'll learn more from this eventually :D (Note, still a WIP)

muika_sculpture__light_study_by_mr_goblin-d4d5h0i.jpg

because I CAN! :D quick sculpture made for lightning study, took me about 1hour 30 to make.

Woops, sorry. Heh... my bad.

you disgust meaaah.... D: (XD)

and to answer your question, yeah well you're right! not that diffrent tough, cause in my drawing we have a provoked perspective and normally the rest of the boy would be abit blurry. But since this is just a WIP, will see in the futur :D

I might make it blurry or not, depends really on how it looks :D

Level 21
Well I just got to say I really enjoy your thread man with all your drawing and the way you draw as well.
Sorry if I did a request in here. *Facepalm*
Well anyway I'm looking forward to your sculpture when you make it.

Disgust you? I got disgusted myself when I realised what a silly mistake I made xD

Yeea, some updates on scultpure would be awesome. I really want to see how you'll make that wrench and the face.

I won't finish that sculpture, I made it for a simple lightning study purpose :D and it served me well

Because I should keep you guys more updated with maah stuff

here's an old scuplutre I started back in 2010 and left it on a tablet for at least 5 months.. decided to take it back and finish it..

here's a new WIP, I remade the whole back muscles so far, still need to polish it here and there, but this is close of the final design anyway.

DSC04069.png
Edit = and here'S some awesomeness :D
GOD.png

Last edited:
Fishmen...? :p
Pretty simple. You don't need a special name for those guys, I mean, in this kind of universe names are usually cliche and simple. Like Fishmen, Ogres, Orcs, Pirates, etc.

you're right, but I still think I can find better than ''Fishmen''. Something as simple, but yeah :p

Like Fishies... or something XD

Status
Not open for further replies.