• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
sketch_book_leak_3_by_mr_goblin-d4fjm3h.png

Thanks Tleno for trying XD

Level 21
Left a comment on the pic from Deviantart man and I'm looking forward to this game.
How much will be the cost of the game if your gonna release it?

Left a comment on the pic from Deviantart man and I'm looking forward to this game.
How much will be the cost of the game if your gonna release it?

First, thanks for the comment! :D

Second, that game is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being even made.. yes, I have alot of concept-art made for it, but that's about it. Nothing have been made beside some concept-art.

So I can't even tell if it's going to be a real game. I wish, but it might never be done.. so yeah

but, if everything goes well, in about 5 years when I'll leave university I might give it a try and finally create it :p

Q-Q-Q-QUADRA POST!
SOMEBODY, STOP HIM!

I like the new stuff in GT. I don't like the HUGE-ASS image with no
tags. :(
CLAM DOWN! (yes I wrote clam)

first if you check the dates, I only double posted... big deal on my thread.

second = yeah you're right..

captain_squishy_by_mr_goblin-d4gdk5v.png

awwwh yeah... <3

The story behind this one is quite simple, my great friend told me while seing my Goblin's Tale art = Dude.. you should make a Zoidberg? Because.. why not zoidberg?

I thought it was a brilliant idea, so I did my own ''zoidberg'' also creating a tiny wink to the Pirates of the Carabein movies :D

enjoy!

P.s = that zoidberg conversation, leaded to my avatar change at the same time :D
goblin__s_tale_creatures_by_mr_goblin-d4a9ra5.png

for a bigger version, check this

Last edited:
So will the Squishy replace the Sharkbait or whatever he's called, or he'll be a completely different pirate in charge of other pirate ship? Since they both look pretty great and it would be a shame to get rid of at least one of them.

The way it's going to work in Goblin's Tale, is that you'll have different acts.

The Pirate invasion = 1 act among's others.

In this act you'll have a story going on that will explains a bit the world of Goblin's Tale and also it will unlock different items etc.

So for the Pirate act, you'll have:

-wave 1
-wave 2
-wave 3
-Mini Boss #1 = Captain Squishy

-wave 4
-wave 5
-wave 6
-Mini Boss #2 = --(not yet revealed)--

-wave 7
-wave 8
-wave 9
-Big Boss #3 = Captain Sharkbait

that's about it :D, and since it's a hero defence, I'm thinking of making at least 3 big acts (pirates being 1 of them) and some ''quest related'' events between each of them.

Level 21
How about you make a Warcraft III or a Starcraft II map about it first then make your full game after it so people might be interested, but I'm not a fan of tower defense or those build your towers to safe guard a place, but I might do something for my project though in which you safe guard a town from a army of the Horde.

How about you make a Warcraft III or a Starcraft II map about it first then make your full game after it so people might be interested, but I'm not a fan of tower defense or those build your towers to safe guard a place, but I might do something for my project though in which you safe guard a town from a army of the Horde.

u mad? what are you talking about? This is not a tower defense? D: it's going to be a HERO DEFENSE with RPG features :goblin_boom:

He already started to make such a game, but cancelled it then.

Also, making such a game as in the way he is intending it (the way I assume so ^^) wouldn't be possible in wc3.

exactly :D

Level 27
Well yea, technical limitations of WC3 engine... could be possible with SC2 engine, but making a comic fantasy game out of SC2 is harder than persuading Gabe Newell to release HL2 Episode 3 (Which, if you're not a Valve games fan and don't know how hard that is, is immposible).

And that's why standalone is the best way.

Also, indie games are waaaaay cooler and more awesomer than sc2 mods, they are so fruity :3

amen.. :D

Anyway, just letting you know guys that, I have made about 10 more creature concepts for Goblin's Tale :D :goblin_good_job:

now, only need to make a digital clean version of them :p

Mr. Goblin I'm sorry, but what is Hero Defense?

replace the towers by players, and each players control only 1 hero...

So it's pretty much like, waves of creep attacking you, and you survive by using magic, skills, and items against them.

it does seem kinda repetitive, but don't worry, I'm planning on creating many skills and items and levels so the game never gets too repetitive

Level 49
It's nothing like DotA.
In DotA, your goal is to destroy the enemy's main building. In Hero Defense, your goal is to protect your own objective for a set amount of waves\time. Mr.Goblin wants to integrate RPG elements into the game as well, so I guess you'll receive quests and you could explore the world while 'recovering' from the creep waves.

Level 21
replace the towers by players, and each players control only 1 hero...

So it's pretty much like, waves of creep attacking you, and you survive by using magic, skills, and items against them.

it does seem kinda repetitive, but don't worry, I'm planning on creating many skills and items and levels so the game never gets too repetitive

Well thanks for telling me about it, but I'm usually playing World of Warcraft now, plus some campaigns in Warcraft III and some other maps.
Oh and if you have drawings or progress to show please do so man, and yeah I might consider a Tower Defense in my project not really sure yet or Hero Defense.

and yeah I might consider a Tower Defense in my project not really sure yet or Hero Defense.

Dah fuck are you talking about? o_O :goblin_wtf:

you mean, you're not sure if you'll like playing a Hero defense type game? Or, you're not planning on playing Goblin's Tale (when ever it's release) ?

D:

I'm seriously confused, because the way you said it it's like = Goblin's Tale is your project and you decide what you will make of it..

Which is true nonsense...

Level 21

you mean, you're not sure if you'll like playing a Hero defense type game? Or, you're not planning on playing Goblin's Tale (when ever it's release) ?

D:

I'm seriously confused, because the way you said it it's like = Goblin's Tale is your project and you decide what you will make of it..

No man, I'm just curious if I could make a tower defense or hero defense for my project I'm working on and I haven't decided on what to make yet and no I won't take credit for your ideas at all. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Well anyway Mr. Goblin sorry for the confusion on my part alright and I'm kinda disappointed right now.
Oh and be sure to let me know if you are gonna do more of your project.

Level 49

D:

From what I gathered from about 20 more posts by Warlord Ajer'laroir that are just as stupid as this one, he has a WC2 based project. I suppose he's saying that he might include a tower defense or a hero defense in his project.
I bet he still doesn't understand what a hero defense is, though.

No man, I'm just curious if I could make a tower defense or hero defense for my project I'm working on and I haven't decided on what to make yet and no I won't take credit for your ideas at all. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Well anyway Mr. Goblin sorry for the confusion on my part alright and I'm kinda disappointed right now.
Oh and be sure to let me know if you are gonna do more of your project.

I'm not interrested at all mate... and please keep that out of this thread, this thread is about MY art, MY concepts, MY ideas and MY projects, not yours. Thanks for your understanding.

From what I gathered from about 20 more posts by Warlord Ajer'laroir that are just as stupid as this one,

you'd be trolling... :\

Level 21
Whatever man do you what you are doing and I'll leave you too it.
Oh and just curious, where did you learn this type of drawing and what made you choose this certain art style?

Last edited:
Whatever man do you what you are doing and I'll leave you too it.
Oh and just curious, where did you learn this type of drawing and what made you choose this certain art style?

Myself, basing myself on other artist style, kinda create Goblin's Tale own style, when I made the general choice for the look, like, they all will have the same kind of eyes, they will have the same kind of simpliscity, etc. So, I made the first drawing folowing the logic I gave myself = the goblin, and evolve all my other creatures around it.

What made me choose this certain art style? = well first I wanted to go for a realistic approch, but than I decided it was a very terrible idea, and going for a comical style would work with the comical sillyness present in the game... kinda like Castle Crasher, if you know what I mean. So yeah.. kinda went along

Level 21
Sorry if I spammed in your thread man, and thanks for understanding and that's pretty cool man and I feel really bad right now and you keep on doing what you do best.

Last edited:
The Pandaren get a kobold bunny for their homeland in which is called a Verming, and then when one I seen your pic of the bunny I thought of it.

oh haha sure, when I made mine I was inspired by the Rabbit in Weeny the pooh :p

anyway DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THIS!

Level 21
oh haha sure, when I made mine I was inspired by the Rabbit in Weeny the pooh :p

anyway DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THIS!

Well its true if you don't believe me, but I really never liked rabbit from that show and I have other things to worry about than that. Hope you understand. :p

Hmmmm...I might...

Wait, mount birds? There will be mount too? Will you be able to fight on them? Or maybe they're for some sort of racing minigame?

The way I see it, their will be diffrent types of mounts, about 10 or so, and each of them will have something special.

Example = the Turkey, could rather be the fastest mount, or it could glide down cliffs instead.

what I'm sure about mounts for now is...

-there will be a BOAR mount
-There will be a Slime mount
-There will be a Turtle mount

and that's about it, didn't really put any thoughts into the mount system yet, I just know Goblin's Tale needs mounts since it has some RPG features included into it, and due to that, lots of traveling, and beside it's fun to change abit after an hour or two of game walking from point A to point B :D

:goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.