• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trial Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
A lot of my BB code text were deleted over the import. I haven't touched this one specifically in months.
Can I have a link to this on the new site?

Using keepspace tags alongside with hidden & trigger tags adds this awkward gap

THE "Proper Unit Group Filtering in GUI" pastebin you and I talked about is still missing.
Can I have a link to this on the old site?

Level 37
A lot of my BB code text were deleted over the import. I haven't touched this one specifically in months.
Here's a list of the pastebins affected and their threads:

Using keepspace tags alongside with hidden & trigger tags adds this awkward gap
All the above links will work. Just click on any of the Config hidden tags.

THE "Proper Unit Group Filtering in GUI" pastebin you and I talked about is still missing.
Can I have a link to this on the old site?
Here you go!

Level 15
Ralle, I have a suggestion. Why don't we have the maps, icons, skins, models, spell,etc to have their own separate tabs? It will be more convenient.

Take this as an example.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dgdgd.png
    dgdgd.png
    330.8 KB · Views: 199
Level 15
Just wanted to tell that banned user can posting stuff in Hive 2 now XD
Also I can saw other member VM that they hid
And if you type :fp:Pride , it will show emoticon, not that finger and the p is one, well the code is changed lol
I guess someone have said this, map description is cropped on my iPhone and can't zoom out

WARNING FOR PEOPLE WHO LOOKING PROBLEM IN HIVE 2
The ban is much more serious, because you can't do anything. You can't see the forum. You can't log out o_O
Well that's for now, maybe the system well changed, maybe not.
I guess I am the first guy who it banned XD

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I like that this info is listed after each map in the new resource section:

However, "resources" are always 1 on all resources. Even on campaigns with multiple maps. Should this be removed?

That's because everything is a bundle and can contain multiple things, they just don't right now because everything is imported. You can expect to see models bundled with fitting icons and alternative textures. Perhaps even sounds some time in the future.

man, searching resources by name is hell :( (i always get 0 founds)

http://beta.roflmania.com/members/stein123.196992/#resources

http://beta.roflmania.com/repositories/icons.541/?author=stein123

Level 26
That's because everything is a bundle and can contain multiple things, they just don't right now because everything is imported. You can expect to see models bundled with fitting icons and alternative textures. Perhaps even sounds some time in the future.
That sounds like a really nice feature!
Agh, can't wait for its launch. Great job so far! :)

Level 12
Arghhh for the ~thousandth time I just lost a nearly finished post on the Hive 1 by navigating away from the page by accident.

If possible maybe include that javascript "are you sure?" popup warning if you attempt to close or navigate away from a page that has unsaved content in it?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Arghhh for the ~thousandth time I just lost a nearly finished post on the Hive 1 by navigating away from the page by accident.

If possible maybe include that javascript "are you sure?" popup warning if you attempt to close or navigate away from a page that has unsaved content in it?
I think XenForo has a draft system.
How can I customize my profile page?

That feature does not exist in XenForo.

Level 14
Hey there,

I downloaded a few tools like Mdlvis etc. and tested them. They work.

I have to say, that I really like, that we can see a "not good enough" category in the resources section.

I dont like, that small icons are zoomed in now, but this is only minor.

I also liked dark background and white-ish letters more, because this is easier to look at in my opinion.

Well, I guess, all this design related stuff is not important yet? Anyway, just wanted to mention, that there is a lot of unused space at the new site. If this is not a concept-based thing, I would adjust ratios differently - e.g. minimizing white spaces.

There's a preview for pastebin images and other uploads, but not for plain text pasted in pastebin.

I find it hard to identify sticky threads. The seperation could be visualy improved a bit.
(it's harder because the background color of the seperation line equals the background color of nearby thread titles)

Should the categories for resources stay the same as they currently are? (approved / submissions / too simple & standard)
If yes it seems worse, instead of better, at least for spells.
I would wish something like:

• Approved
  • Pending
  • NeedsFix
  • Rejected/Deleted

I haven't followed all discussions, so idk if it's important here, but the bb code is broken in this post:
old http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/maker/#vmessage595177
new: http://beta.roflmania.com/members/maker.126248/#profile-post-595177

Is there a chance to make the background style more wooden again, similar to hive1?

Also tested from resources and tools, and it worked good.

On the matter if BBCodes it seems some fixes were reversed (particularly in the case of tables) was this due to some other technical difficulties which made this necessary?

On the matter of general formatting - I am rather fond of how the spells section system works at the moment (dividing by filters rather than folders is more comfortable and yes some pending resources are perfectly fine) while I'm not saying we need it exactly as is now separating quite so distinctively may lead to some resources never getting used due to the extra navigational requirements. Also thumbnails are a bit tiny on the new site - I think the standard size for each thumbnail should remain regardless of dimensions to keep the resource sections orderly and neat; it looks messy when each resource takes up a different amount of space on the page

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Shar Dundred

yes, that was intended. We do however need to go through and delete stolen resources, inappropriate resources and virus tools

Oh, sc2 resources are hidden, huh. Gotta fix that.

Emm-A-

Zoomed in? What are you talking about?

IcemanBo

Preview for pasted text? Do you mean the "Preview..." button?

Hive 2 will not have "Needs Fix", You will just review updated bundles as they look like updated threads (updated as in new reply) and you will also get alerts when you subscribe to a bundle that is updated. You will just let "awaiting update" bundles stay in "Submissions".

About the broken BB Code, I have been in touch with XenForo developers and found that it's my problem :). It will be fixed.

More wooden? Is Windows 10 more wooden? We have to follow the trend! I don't know, perhaps we can make a classic theme some time in the future :).

Tank-Commander

Yes, tables and tabs have had many iterations. The current is the best we can do. I do however offer my services to people with broken code :)

You can use the search and then search across all repositories. This one has all the filters still.

Which thumbnails?

KILLCIDE

Wow, can you link me those?

xYours Trulyx

He needs a good stalking, that guy.

Thanks you guys so much. A lot of feedback, yay :)

Roland

R

Roland

The BETA site allows me to "follow" the most private dude I know,Roland.Too bad it still doesn't allow me to message him.
I can read his message too! How amusing..

This is why I dislike the New Hive. Cause of "Privacy"

And Ralle, Oh come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.