• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Tides of War 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Is this version also include the horde storyline and able to use Vol'jin horde forces ?

The Storyline will be included in the Chapter 10 - Shadows of the Horde, until the finale, but more in Alliance(Kirin Tor) vision.
I'm thinking about it, if i let the player control the Kirin Tor forces and Vol'jin's Horde, or just let AI for the Horde and Alliance. :)

Level 6
The Storyline will be included in the Chapter 10 - Shadows of the Horde, until the finale, but more in Alliance(Kirin Tor) vision.
I'm thinking about it, if i let the player control the Kirin Tor forces and Vol'jin's Horde, or just let AI for the Horde and Alliance. :)
How about giving the players the ability to control who they want? That would increase replayability. :D

Level 23
Well, what Go'el said is truth, and you idea is really nice Shatterfury, but since in some last level in have Sylvanas, the player will control Forsaken's and Blood Elves' base as well (United tech-tree). So, the Horde (unless Forsaken and Blood Elves, obviously) and Alliance, won't be playable.

Level 6
Well, what Go'el said is truth, and you idea is really nice Shatterfury, but since in some last level in have Sylvanas, the player will control Forsaken's and Blood Elves' base as well (United tech-tree). So, the Horde (unless Forsaken and Blood Elves, obviously) and Alliance, won't be playable.
What about Vol`jin? Don`t tell me that Sylvanas will be the Warchief , Warlady what ever, because that would be too strange.

No controllable or allied Orcs, Trolls and Tauren?
It would be quite strange not to have them playable or at least allies.Since when do the Forsaken, let alone the Blood Elves have the numbers to stand before the Orcs?Only the Humans and the Dwarves outnumber the Orcs.

It would be more neat if there was a Horde faction made of Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Forsaken led by Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Thrall.If you want to also add the Blood Elves you could make the Arcane Sanctum available with the Sorceress and the Spell Breaker available.

I like that you change the story, it brings in fresh new ideas but I think it would be neat to highlight the fact that the Kalimdor Horde also rebelled.
It would make it far more plausible.

Well have to wait and see.Your campaigns are awesome.I hope you continue of making campaigns for a long time. :D

Level 23
Great! :D you should change the icon of the poison arrows!

Have some suggestion? If i like i can use xD

What about Vol`jin? Don`t tell me that Sylvanas will be the Warchief , Warlady what ever, because that would be too strange.

No controllable or allied Orcs, Trolls and Tauren?
It would be quite strange not to have them playable or at least allies.Since when do the Forsaken, let alone the Blood Elves have the numbers to stand before the Orcs?Only the Humans and the Dwarves outnumber the Orcs.

It would be more neat if there was a Horde faction made of Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Forsaken led by Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Thrall.If you want to also add the Blood Elves you could make the Arcane Sanctum available with the Sorceress and the Spell Breaker available.

I like that you change the story, it brings in fresh new ideas but I think it would be neat to highlight the fact that the Kalimdor Horde also rebelled.
It would make it far more plausible.

Well have to wait and see.Your campaigns are awesome.I hope you continue of making campaigns for a long time. :D

Vol'jin will appear, and Sylvanas won't be the "Warlady", in truth, i never thought to make this lol

Both Alliance and Horde will appear:
Alliance: Varian, Kalecgos and Tyrande (Night Elves, Humans and Dwarven)
Horde: Vol'jin, Thrall and Baine (Trolls, Orcs and Taurens)

And the Player will control two bases, the Kirin Tor, and Forsaken's and Blood Elves' Base.

Thank you!

EDIT:

Just a new screenshot of Chapter 3; Part One - What Had To Be Done, half of the Terrain is completed now!:)

ih02v6.jpg

Level 23

Thank you for the suggestion, but i don't like this icon lol
But anyway, i will still change the icon for this one: BTNPhoenixDartv2. :D

Hmm, hmm, hmmm
great, the doodads fit perfectly (I think)

whats with the tree, uhm, where is this place, Theramore or Dalaran

Thank you! And it's Dalaran hehe.

Those wooden houses feel a bit out of place, since everything else is marble

I always told him not to put conventional medieval houses in Dalaran! He always does that. Dalaran has no wooden houses only spires. Forsaken please remove those houses.

Well, i don't remember about this advice Heinvers, but anyway, i won't change the houses, i really like them, and i like what i made.

I don't follow 100% wow things, i follow what my inspiration wants to. lol

Level 23
Slyvanas's forsaken force won't appear ?

In this map won't, but in the campaign will appear, Sylvanas will be a playable character. :)

Anyway, nice terrain, Forsaken, and about the houses, maybe if you give them a "purple effect", they will fit it better.

Thank you, but i think not. As i said, i like how it's looks now.

Level 23
Forsaken, I love the new terrain screenshot! That tree in the middle, and that little purple fog effect in the distance really make this brilliant!
Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Those house look like they shouldn't be there! I know you won't listen but still....

You are correct, i won't listen lol

--

And what is this?

nxier.jpg

Level 23
That looks really good, you're very good at terraining. I personally find working on terrain awfully boring. I prefer to create cinematics.

Thank you! Hehe, i prefer terrain then triggers lol

Forsaken, I have a request, as much as I love that screenshot(and the nature theme), I think you should make the ancients bigger, for the sake of aesthetics! :)

Nice idea, i will do it, thank you! :)

Level 21
I am looking forward to a updated campaign from you, and I might do it to for my campaign when it's completed. :p
I might even work on a Human Campaign afterwards to, with a new character and him leading the Alliance Forces. :3

Level 5
WoW!! This looks pretty interesting indeed! I can't wait to play this! Wait, you will add secrets into the maps?! Sounds awzum!! I love maps with secrets!! :)

My my the terrain is just awesome lol and about that secret we discussed about.... where will it appear??? XD

I think that his Darnassus can be improved a lot. Those trees for example could have been replaced, they're just too eyesores right. Otherwise it's a nice approach to a night elven city Forsaken.
Edit: Also if you don't like my criticism, that's your problem.

Last edited:
Level 16
Edit: Also if you don't like my criticism, that's your problem.
To be honest Heinvers, I really think you could improve your critique approach, you seem arrogant as of late, and nobody appreciates that. Maybe not intentionally, still it does appear so. Especially with this sentence I'm quoting you with. Just my thoughts :/
Edit: I could be wrong, since no emotion is shown while reading forums, it's difficult to imagine ones intentions.

Level 16
Maybe, but I'm trying to lend my thoughts to Forsaken. It's his choice, it's not like I'm forcing him or something. Regarding that, he seemed to completely ignore my advices, well fine then, it's not like I'm killing people or something for that.
Yeah, but you seem to be unsatisfied with everything, which is not cool, and it's kinda mean.. At least that's how I figured it out. So if you have that awesome critique you want to share, try to mention PROS and CONS in your next criticism, I'm sure that way Forsaken will realize what you like, and what bothers you.

Level 24
Hehe, now Darnassus,
The big tree(Terdrassil) looks cartoonish, maybe try the Idrassil Tree model in Sunken City, it might fit, and add some fog if you like :)

@Heinvers:
I have times when I'm not liking or not satisfied with it. These times pass. So don't worry about supposed arrogance, it's just a grumpy state of mine:)

So your angry state is Ignorance, heheh :)

Level 23
your Terrain is just WOW!! Tyrande will now appear??

Thank you, and yes, he will appear xD

My my the terrain is just awesome lol and about that secret we discussed about.... where will it appear??? XD

Thank you, and will be in Chapter 3; Part One - What Had To Be Done. :)

WoW!! This looks pretty interesting indeed! I can't wait to play this! Wait, you will add secrets into the maps?! Sounds awzum!! I love maps with secrets!! :)

Thank you, and probability will have some secrets xD

I think that his Darnassus can be improved a lot. Those trees for example could have been replaced, they're just too eyesores right. Otherwise it's a nice approach to a night elven city Forsaken.

Do you mean the Warcraft tree? If yes, i agree i search for something better, but all that i saw, i didn't like, so i just keep the original.

Hehe, now Darnassus,
The big tree(Terdrassil) looks cartoonish, maybe try the Idrassil Tree model in Sunken City, it might fit, and add some fog if you like :)

I don't know, i like how it's like.

---

And about the "discussion".

Got any questions or suggestions? Feel free to post!

Nothing to declare anymore.

Level 11
If you want Faerie Dragons in WoW, you can see some at some time singing a strange song at the "Whispering Forest".

Status
Not open for further replies.