• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Last of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Last of Guardians
A custom campaign made by Darcos

Storyline:

Ivorill is a great and beatiful forest inhabited by hundreds of Elves, formerly known as Blue Elves. One hundred years ago, they invaded the humans living there. After a long and cruel war, the Elves managed to claim the Ivorill for themselves. Since then, they have created a strong link with the forces of nature. The elven Druid have taught Ancient Protectors of the forest how to train elven warriors and fight side by side with them. With such powerful allies, Elves achieved a long-awaited peace...

The elven society has lived in peace for nearly 80 years. Since there were no mark of powerful enemies in the known realms, the leader of the Elves – Grand Master Alvaroth decided to liquidate the groups of warriors guarding the border of Ivorill. He believes that the 80-year-long peace will everlasting. However, not every Elf agrees with him...

Kathris is the leader of the last group of Guardians. Although she has been refusing to leave her post, she will soon be forced to do so. One day, she was attacked by a group of the orcs and the long-forgotten nightmare – Dead Ones. Soon after that, she figured out that the majority of the elven forces has allied themselves with these mortal enemies of Ivorill. Kathris cannot believe in that. She decides to find out the truth, free the Elves and crush the enemies.

Features:
  • A fun, Blizzard-like gameplay
  • Storyline set in completely new world
  • 11 playable maps + 5 cinematic maps
  • Edited techtrees for Night Elves, Orcs and Undead
  • New heroes with custom abilities
  • Lots of new items and neutral units
  • All hero abilities and most of unit abilities hotkeyed to QWER

Characters:
CharacterDescription
full

Kathris
Leader of the group of Guardians of Ivorill. She is ready to defend her homeland at all cost. Although she is a excellent warrior, she often gets impatient too soon. She may sometimes undertake decisions without thinking about it, but her intentions are always good. The most important person for her is her sister Mia, the only relative that she has.
66738-13c5c655ed30ecefc9a143dc6e04338f.jpg

Ryland
Mysterious elven sorcerer. No one knows his past. Some say that he is immortal. Some say that he knows every elf personally. The only thing that is certain about him is the fact that he always show himself when he is needed the most. Those who met him say that he is impulsive and unpredictable. He can kill his companion at any moment...
Younger sister of Kathris. For a long time, she had been underestimated, that's why she decided to join elite Blade Mastery Circle. Now, with the Blademistress title, she is one of the commanders of Ivorill defence force of Ivorill. Mia, unlike her sister, always tries to be unflappable. Although she dislikes Kathris' temper, she is able to do everything to save her life.
105851-edcc6b8d1b6d564bcf0132edf31cea32_tn.jpg

Mia
More characters will be added once I make more progress.

Progress:
Chapter One: Stopped Routine (100%)
Chapter Two: Sorcerer's Land (100%)
Interlude: Deception (100%)
Chapter Three: Forbidden Magic (100%)
Chapter Four: Unexpected Clash (100%)
Interlude: Traitors Nabbed (100%)

Chapter Five: Beginning of War (0%)
Interlude: Dark Side of the Heroes (0%)
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Interlude
Chapter Ten, Part One
Chapter Ten, Part Two
Finale

Screenshots:
Chapters 1-3
full

full

full

full

full
Chapter Four
full

full

full

full

full

full
Credits:

DeuceGorgon - Legendary Priestess of the Moon
General Frank - Orcish Spearthrower
kangyun - Medivh the Corrupted
Tranquil - HeroWizard, Dark-Elven-Sorceress
EviL_BuddhA - Scroll-Red
-Grendel - OrcNecroMagus, NecroMagusMissile
Hayate & Herrdave - NightSaber Knight
Dmitry Rommel/Blizzard Entertainment - Archdruid
CoffinPuppet - Illidan as Blademaster
levigeorge - Night Elf Female Blademaster
Mc ! - CrystalGolem
icewolf055 - WaterElemental
WhiteDeath - FrostRevenant
Burning_Dragoon5 - Ice Elemental
PrMosquito - IcyGhost
JetFangInferno - FrostArmorTarget
assassin_lord - HeroGlow
Epsilon - SpiritArrow
olofmoleman - Fern

Kuhneghetz - Night-Elf-War-Mage
Unknown author(s) - AshenvaleAutumnTree
Hueter - DruidoftheTalon

xyzier_24 - BTNFadeStrike
Anachron - BTNANAWindWalkV3
-Dieser- - BTNPhantasmalArrow
Kuhneghetz - BTNNE_WarMage
Static - BTNCrystalRing, BTNBluebottle, BTNVenomDagger
Hadeis - BTNWaterOrb, BTNGoldenOrb
Mc ! - BTNFireShield
-Grendel - BTNNecroMagus
The Panda - BTNIceyBook, BTNFrostHelm
ALONE - BTNSorceressSapphire
Blizzard Entertainment - BTNSpell_Holy_SealOfProtection
WhiteDeath - BTNFrostRevenant
Banzay89 - BTNFrozenExplode
CRAZYRUSSIAN - BTN_cr_SearSoul
The_Silent - BTNArcticBlast
APproject - BTNElemental
PeeKay - BTNGoldRing, BTNEmerald
Sg0D - BTNShieldOL
Palaslayer - BTNPoisonedSpear

Ujimasa Hojo - Corrupted Night Elf

Blizzard Entertainment - World of Warcraft soundtrack
Unknown author(s) – franticsketch
If you know the authors of the remaining resources, please inform me about that.

Attachments

• TLoGDemo1.w3n
    12.4 MB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi there,
this is my first serious project so not everything is perfect here. Feel free to inform me about any bugs, grammar mistakes (I'm not English native speaker).

Also I'd like to know whether the difficulty is right or not. I tried to make chapter 1-2 similarly difficult and chapter 3 a bit harder.

Don't be afraid of other language on the screenshots, this campaign is 100% English.

Level 2
Sorry for multiposting, but no one wanted to comment...

Just a quick progress update:
I'm currently ~70% done with chap 4. The only things that needs to be done are cinematics and some misc triggers. Here are some terrain screenshots from chap 4, hope you'll like it:

full

full

full

full

Level 2
Hello there :)
Unfortunately, my progress is a bit slower than I planned. Anyway, here are some gameplay screenshots from chapter 4:
full

full

full

Level 11
- Pay attention on trees and doodads which stand on hills - looks like they are flying. Also calculate shadows.
- Paralyzing arrow - word "immobilises" doesn't exist. immoblizes maybe? Also wrong description. Immoblize means decrease movement speed to zero, but a victim can attack and cast spells. Your skill stuns a target.

Last edited:
Level 2
- Paralyzing arrow - word "immobilises" doesn't exist. immoblizes maybe? Also wrong description. Immoblize means decrease movement speed to zero, but a victim can attack and cast spells. Your skill stuns a target.
Yeah, I knew this description would be a bit confusing. I'll change it.
Besides, "-ise" is British version of American "-ize", am I right?

Fruit Forest said:
good campaign, but replace starfall with something else, you said custom skills but starfall is a standard one.
Starfall is just a placeholder. I'm going to create a new offensive skill for her. Ryland will have a new lvl 6 skill too.

Level 3
Nice campaign. Bug i found: Wind walk have references to blade master instead guardian. Altar of elders in first mission is useless, make kathris able to die or remove it.

Level 2
Altar of elders in first mission is useless, make kathris able to die or remove it.
Could you explain me what you mean by writing 'able to die'? I played this map a couple of times and she'd be killed really quickly by lvl10 orc

Level 2
When Kathris die i just lose mission. I had first quest done and base builded (she died while I attacked undead base).
Thanks. I've just fixed this issue.

Progress update:
Chapter 4 is nearly done. Only a few minor things is missing. Here are some more screenshots:
full

full

full
I'm going to release a second demo version once I finish the interlude Dark Side of the Heroes.

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 4 and an another interlude are finally done. Here's the fresh screenshot from the interlude:
full

Now, I'm starting the creation of the Chapter 5. This will be a big one, so it'll take me some time before I post any progress update.

Level 2
Hello there!
Today, I want to present you a new hero that will join you in Chapter 5:
Younger sister of Kathris. For a long time, she had been underestimated, that's why she decided to join elite Blade Mastery Circle. Now, with the Blademistress title, she is one of the commanders of Ivorill defence force of Ivorill. Mia, unlike her sister, always tries to be unflappable. Although she dislikes Kathris' temper, she is able to do everything to save her life.
105851-edcc6b8d1b6d564bcf0132edf31cea32_tn.jpg

Mia
Her abilities:
full

Whirling Strike
Blademistress attacks all enemies surrounding her, dealing damage and decreasing attack and movement speed by 30% for 6 seconds.
full

Enervating Blast
Blademistress strikes the ground, releasing a wave of energy that decreases attack damage and life regeneration speed of all nearby enemy units.
Lasts 15 seconds.
full

Weakening Aura
An aura that decreases armor of all nearby enemy units.
full

Blade Enchantment
Blademistress enchants her blade, increasing attack damage by 40 for 4 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 2
Does the hero have 3 no target abilities and 1 passive? If so, it could be enough for support 2nd hero, but as a main hero it could be easy to play. For aoe hero would be good a blink ability. (or maybe you can add blink dagger or smth)

Yeah, she's rather a supportive hero. I'll give her a blink item, thanks for this idea

Level 2
when will be the next update be released?
January/February, depends on how many problems I'll encounter.
I played the first chapter, I wanted the second, but I overwrote the save file so I couldn't continue because there was no hero if I wanted to play the second one manually.
I intentionally didn't add a replacement hero to prevent cheating. Since you've bumped on this issue without cheating (I hope), I'll fix it.
But if you have your own universe, you could change them a bit and not use plain night elven race to make things more interesting.
New units are unlocked as you progress throughout the campaign. First new unit, Priestess is unlocked in chapter 2.

Besides, here are level 6 abilities for Kathris and Ryland:
Kathris
full

Deadly Illusion
Guardian creates 3 copies of themselves, that deal 50% of Guardian's damage, have doubled attack speed and are 250% more vulnerable. Copies disappear after 20 seconds.

Ryland
full

Wrath of the Ice

Summons 5 Ice Wraiths. Every Wraith has a freezing attack, can cast Curse and explode dealing 250 damage for all nearby units upon death. Lasts 45 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.