• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Story of Van Eastmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Well me and my friend decided to release the map soon, it will have 3 finish villages, working systems, all the weapon types attack system working, but it will have no main story at the moment only side quest and maybe the unlimited quest system working.

Reason:

Damn its hard to finish a damn huge map. So we decided to release it on its alpha stage then just continue the progression while getting some useful feedbacks, but you can't expect it that soon. We still polishing many things.

So you think its a good idea?

EDIT:
@Shinji working on it.

Level 4
We're planning to only release new version after major things are applied like many quest and new villages, and not bug fix per bug fix version since its a huge 40mb map.(but still compressing many textures)

40mb for what? Is it a Campaign or an Map? Well, if it is a map that doesn't fit for a size but IDC because the map I created is big I think 10mb+!

Level 28
New screeny:

attachment.php

Enjoy~

Attachments

• Lala.jpg
    Lala.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 207

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Unfortunately, hostile (enemy player) units with wander ability are automatically escaping when they receive a single hit.

thats true, but i made a trigger that when a unit owned by neutral hostile is attacked i order (with trigger) the attcked unit to attack back. it solves the problem :)

Level 28
A small update: A major character Info:

mk9cp2.jpg

[TD][/TD]

Name: Uldric Elvenhisk
Class: Hunter

Biography:

Uldric Elvenhisk, a native hunter living on the Oak Village, his parents was killed by raiders when he was still 7 years old and it forced him to work just to live. As he grow older he become more adept at using bow and known for making traps and other hunting materials. With the same unfaithful background, Uldric decided to join James Van Eastmore on his journey on finding his destiny and while he looks for his younger sister.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

We're back on the project(gone for a week due to lack of time). New terrain pics will be posted soon.

Last edited:
Level 28
2icbfa8.jpg

[TD][/TD]

Name: General Philip
Class: Swordsman/General

Biography:

Born on a poor family, his father left his mother for another woman while his mother got addicted to drugs and caused her death. At age 15 he was forced to work as a mercenary just to live and suffice the needs of his 2 younger brothers.

One day after he finished his work, he bought some toys and foods for his brothers, but as he got home he can't find his brothers, he search and search until he saw the dead bodies of his brothers behind their house with a letter saying: "This is for all the work you have done for us." On his grieve he decided to join the army and years after become a General. Now he plans his revenge for the death of his brothers.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

Level 14
2icbfa8.jpg

[TD][/TD]

Name: General Philip
Class: Swordsman/General

Biography:

Born on a poor family, his father left his mother for another woman while his mother got addicted to drugs and caused her death. At age 15 he was forced to work as a mercenary just to live and suffice the needs of his 2 younger brothers.

One day after he finished his work, he bought some toys and foods for his brothers, but as he got home he can't find his brothers, he search and search until he saw the dead bodies of his brothers behind their house with a letter saying: "This is for all the work you have done for us." On his grieve he decided to join the army and years after become a General. Now he plans his revenge for the death of his brothers.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

Cool character. I'll help him get his revenge. I'll make sure the killer suffers.

Level 6
1 word i just gonna say "WOW!!!'
if i can rate those model and terrain now i'll give them 5/5 because it's great
the prince
look so cool
and the terrain wow it's like a open world RPG in PS3 and XBOX game terrain this should gonna be very good

Level 14
Is the camera-behind-hero optional? From the video you'v posted it looks buggy and twists in really annoyng ways. Also probably it would be best to remove the voice of the hero. It's irritating because in these camera modes you have to click very often to move across the map and the hero voice spam is just horrible.
Also if your main characters will use nice wow models perhaps it would be fitting for the main hero to be having such too.
http://wowinwc3.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=8861&highlight=rashek Like this fella.

Level 28
@Lordkoon, camera is optional, you can disable it, I'll see what I can do on the voice, and the model you suggested, well the main problem is, the animation, it fuck up the model and its a hell out of work to remake all the 255 anims on the model, and oh I know almost all the models on underground and we tried more better models than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.