• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Saving this spot for my picture.

EDIT: Ok here it is, it's not Orgrimmar. Well mabey, but a part of the city I suppose (fantasy).

thepicture5jx0.png

@Sabertooth - Ok...

thepicture5reeditedkm3.jpg

EDIT: Added another picture to say that I didn't move, or change the bridge. Although it was blocked, but anyways you could still see a little bit on the original picture. >.>

Attachments

• The Picture 5.png
    The Picture 5.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 36
Allright, heres my entry, its somewhere deep inside the forests of Quel'thalas the forest troll part >.> In some ruined forest troll city, that is still inhabited, on a rainy day.

EDIT: Did some improvements >.>

Attachments

• The Picture 5 Final.jpg
    The Picture 5 Final.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Level 18
thats totaly not what i mean its just weird that i know what is good for others but i cant do it good myself :p like what i sayed to that guy with the ship and that he needs to put more units on his map i cant say thoose things on my self when i make a map not because i think its good but i just dont think about i only do that when i see somone els his screen

Level 10
I didn't cover up the bridge, it just got somewhat hidden behind one of the buildings. If you look closely at the tower that I submerged (Under the 2 bridges in the air). You will see the other bridge, only the last part though. But IT'S THEIR! I Re-Edit my post with another screenshot, with the building a little smaller to make it more obvious of the bridge. :slp:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Sexy_smokey_eye_146.JPG

Judging Shit #5

Sabertooth's Judgment said:
33414d1216258767-picture-i-hate-you-frost.png

Ok, first of all let me say a job well done. You've actually managed to re-create the exact same idea I had when making the theme post.
then again you have some flaws. The big rooted tree looks kinda awkward and the ground under it's giant root looks a tad barren. But that's pretty much it as far as the flaws are concerned.

(Noticed the picture name was Picture-i-hate-you-frost, that's a big NO-NO. Disqualified :p)

NinjasDontFight's Judgment said:
thepicture5reeditedkm3.jpg

Yeah, you've caught the barrens feel pretty well. Not very original, idea-wise, as it is the same old Orgrimmar in the dessert theme, but looks good.
That red-tinted rider looks kinda idiotic though. Not liking the large pile of rocks as well, but hell, that's orcish architecture for ya.

Keiji's Judgment said:
33433d1216298855-picture-picture-5-final.jpg

O, hai thar, Mr. Judge of the previous Pictures, how do you feel now, eh? Eh? Hehehe >:D
Aaanyway, let's see... awesome. Perfect, brilliant. That's it. Original mix of doodads, great detail, perfect atmosphere, realistic feel. You've outdone yourself on this one, imo that's your best terrain piece so far.
A slight error with the river under the lower bridge, but it's no biggie.

DukeCz's Judgment said:
33428d1216293378-picture-picture.png

It's original, I admit. Loving the setting you developed. The whole piece just seems kinda barren for a forest. Mode plant life and tile var (wherever possible would've been good). Still, I like the idea, the atmosphere is good, but it just needed a tad more detail.

So... I pronounce Keiji the winner of The Picture #5

Stick your name and pic in the first post, son. Saber, Duke and Ninja also did a good job, so a round of applause for them.

I announce the next Picture to be hosted again by me, as I have a couple of ideas I want to see put in action. Too bad for you folks >:)

And remember... this is The You-know-what...

Level 10
Well honestly about the red rider, It was actually lighter, but apparently Paint made it redder (Honest!!). The rocks, was just to cover up that ugly hill. Well good job to Keiji!

btw, did you see the peon staring out of the home directly at you? :razz:

Edit: Can we have a vote to for future judging of maps? I liked Sabertooth's alot. Keiji didnt have any people. Duke had a nice idea, but he needed more props I guess, and trees behind the "World trees".

btw, Frost... I noticed with your terrain gallery picture, you have a boat sailing into the sea. I can't find it in your Gallery! Thats a no-no! Unless, I'm blind... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.