• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings: Bag End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So i was watching a Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring and i had an idea: I should try to make somekind of place from lotr in WC III as make is similar as i could. Then i remembered that there was a hobbiton models in UTM and i decided to make make Bag End. And here is my pic:

This picture represents the entry of Bag End, i tryed to make it as similar as i could.
Bag End 1.jpg
Update 1:
Bag End.jpg

Commets, suggestion, etc are welcome.

Last edited:
Level 15
Hate to say it, but the unit models ruin you'r terrain :*(

I also don't like the tiled ground, but that's more of a personal preference. Overall besides the units I think everything is well done, I can't think of anything you should do better but it's also such a small area you can only do so much.

Level 7
@ Raven0

Thanks again for feedback. By unit models do you think both of model ruin the picture and it would be better if i remove them, or you think i should use different models. I agree that the Bilbo character isnt best and i try to find better, but atm i havent found good model. Maybe i should change his skin. . .

About terrian i agree with you also, because in the movie and in drawings there aint much more to add.

Level 23
The idea is neat, however you have definetally choosen the wrong part of LOTR.
That's not your fault. The terrain - except from the models - looks quite flawless and decent. However wc3's textures are not made to be looked at that close. And unfortunaelly Bag End is small (hobbit-sized) which causes the camera to be really close to the textures itself, which causes the textures to look bad. This causes your terrain to not look as good as it should look like. But as said, that is not your fault.
I would however like to see some more LOTR screens!

Status
Not open for further replies.