• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"On a cold winter morning... in the time before the light..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey all!

Well, this terrain is basicaly a house of a lumberjack in diferent times of a winter morning. You can see the time that each pic was took by viewing it's name (just leave the mouse on the picture, without clickin on it).

Maybe someone will remember who I am quoting at the name of this thread... It's a lyric of a song. C'mon, that's easy! :p

Attachments

• 5am.jpg
    5am.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 6am.jpg
    6am.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 15_to_7am.jpg
    15_to_7am.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 7am.jpg
    7am.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 317
Level 36
Dragonforce -- Through the Fire and Flames said:

On a cold winter morning, in the time before the light,
In flames of death's eternal reign, we ride towards the fight.

When the darkness is falling down, and the times are tough all right,
The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight.

Fighting hard, fighting on for the steel, through the wastelands evermore,
The scattered souls will feel the hell, bodies wasted on the shores.

In the blackest waves in hell's domain, we watch them as they go,
Through fire and pain, and once again we know...

So now we're flying ever free, we're free before the thunderstorm,
On towards the wilderness, our quest carries on,
Far beyond the sundown, far beyond the moonlight,
Deep inside our hearts and all our souls...

So far away we wait for the day,
For the lights are so wasted and gone,
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days,
Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

As the red day is dawning, and the lightning cracks the sky,
They'll raise their hands to the heavens above with resentment to their lives.

Running back through the midmorning light, there's a burning in my heart,
We're banished from the time in the fallen land, to a life beyond the stars.

In your blackest dreams see to believe,our destiny is tied,
And endlessly we'll all be free tonight!

And on the wings of a dream, so far beyond reality,
All alone in desperation, now the time has gone,
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind,
Day after day this misery must go on!

Woooaaah-ooaah-oah, woooaah-ooaah-oah,
Woooaaah-ooaah-oah-oah-ooaah,
Woooaaah-ooaah-oah, Woooaah-ooaah-oah,
Woooaaah-ooaah-oah-oah-ooaah,

Now here we stand with their blood on our hands,
We fought so hard, now can we understand,
I'll break the seal of this curse if I possibly can
For freedom of every man!

Hey, I know that song!
Well, the terrain is ok, but the fog doesn't mix with the sky. It does look like a cold winter morning, though (except in the night shot)

Level 34
Looks cold, but the terrain could use work. I would add trees in the clearing. Or stumps. It looks weired right now.

Level 28
Ok, thx for the tips!

Well, the roof is small, I know, but I couldn't make it larger, because it's lenght was going to ruin the house... And the terrain was made at the UTM, wich is not a big map, so I can't add the hills. And, seriously, I didn't liked the first shot.

I didn't saved the terrain, anyways.

Well, the terrain is ok, but the fog doesn't mix with the sky. It does look like a cold winter morning, though (except in the night shot)

Looks like a cold winter morning? Nice! But remember its in the time before the light...

Level 6
Dragon Force, easy (I knew it even before I clicked on the thread). Dragon Force is okay, they got me into the whole power metal thing, but now that I like the genre a lot, I realize they mostly suck compared to other bands *cough* Sonata Arctica *cough*.
The terrain is okay. Stikes me as empty for a foresty place. I would suggest maybe a firepit, or something. Maybe make the house more cluttered, with logs lying around and what not. Good shots though, just needs work.

Level 4
The terrain is a bit barren really, the path in the front is too flat and empty and you can't really see the rest because of the density of the fog, you should really tone that down.

*Highfives TheSandWraith* wewt powermetal! Or folkmetal!

Level 15
Dragon Force, easy (I knew it even before I clicked on the thread). Dragon Force is okay, they got me into the whole power metal thing, but now that I like the genre a lot, I realize they mostly suck compared to other bands *cough* Sonata Arctica *cough*.
The terrain is okay. Stikes me as empty for a foresty place. I would suggest maybe a firepit, or something. Maybe make the house more cluttered, with logs lying around and what not. Good shots though, just needs work.

They got me into power metal too, but they don't suck, other bands are just freaking awesome!

Level 28
Dragonforce is a cliche band, almost all their lyrics talk about the same thing. It seems that they got the "Dungeons&Dragons Kit-to-make-cool-Lyrics".

But the music itself it just awesome, and the way that the vocalist sings is "epic".

Back to topic:

Well, about the fog, I had the idea of this terrain when I woke up very early (5am), and I looked through the window of my apartment and saw the foggy morning. It was a cold inter morning. And also in the time before the light! The sun wasn't visible yet. And the I remembered that part of Through the Fire and the Flames, and I went terraining, and etc etc.

Anyways, I tried to set the fog as best as I could. And I think its nicely done. The terrain itself could be better, I know but... meh.

Level 34
Maybe if we had a Forum Moderator he could do it!! (looking at you Wolverabid, you know what I mean:wink:)

Level 25
It needs more grass and hill variation. The most of the lack of hill variation is located on/at the road. I see that there is a variation there, but there needs to me more to make it noticable; make it exadurated a little, but not too exadurated.

Fog goes very well with the sky and the trees in the background is a nice touch. Keep improving!

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.