• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

The Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Screenshot looks to horrible to work with for me... I'll pass anyways... XD

Can we do a team-up or, a epic type of contest? Like a full map with everything. So we can put like 5-10 screenshots and download it for a more thorough evaluation. It's your choice though. These 1 screenshots are getting a bit boring, and their not very friendly, or exciting to work with. :hohum:

Level 24
That should be a real contest if we intend to do playable map cause it takes lots more of time and 1 rep isn't worth it xD
P.S. THE SKY IS HORRIBLE IN THIS PIC!!11 It's really killing me >_>

Ok i decided NOT to join this one.. Can't get any idea and the sky.. I MEAN WHAT THE FLUX?!

Level 18
DONTY SAY IT I DONT GONA START OVER I FINISHED IT ...... NOT AGAIN PLZ ............... this makes me fucking pissed i thought you guys are pros but now gona say sky sucks and stuff like that. what if you just make it the best of it as you can? and btw here is my screen

Attachments

• Tauren fields.jpg
    Tauren fields.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 105
Level 10
Wow holy fuck @ epic spam thread.
I had to go through 3 pages to find the latest one, FFS. I realize some things need to be done, but my god, people.

Keiji, can you do some of us a favor and update the first post with the winners of past ones + the current one?

EDIT:
That's what I thought.
Here's my entry!
attachment.php

EDITEDIT:
And the sky is awesome, you losers.

Attachments

• Forest Overview.jpg
    Forest Overview.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Level 36
ehm.. the first post got both the name and the pic of the winners of each past contest >.> what more do you want?! their adress? age? hight?! :p

And you guys REALLY have to work on being more flexible... ;/ talking to those who not like my new pic <.<

Level 10
We may/they be pros (--->>> X.e.r.e.X...Pker...Void...Frost) but we have our moments, and we like to work with our ideas and settings. Besides after 3 images... I'll wait for the 5th or something... Working on a Felwood terrain map. I hope you'll like it when I'm done (about 30% now).

P.S. X.e.r.e.X - I mean it's just a cinematic one, but you can just look at it more thorughly though. But I guess putting through the effort of every square inch, would be bothersome... Dunno?...

Edit: I like the both of the contentestant's screenshots... But the first one should have more hills, and seems to bland. Same as the second one. I like the empty forest, but something about the picture is bothering me. I guess the hill with the rocks is where it's bothering me. Also no grass or plants where the trees are... You can see the ground! (No way down!? o_O)

Level 10
Ok first of all.. I'm the only one complaining about the sky so say "loser" instead of "losers".. AND it's lame to call others losers so could you please take the freaking thumb out of your ass and learn some manners before posting shit?
Dude, I wasn't being serious. But hey, now I know you'll take stuff like that seriously. :D
~Void~ said:
Sabertooth, the hill sucks D:

Mass rock spam isn't going to cut it, you need to place rocks only where they are needed and make sure to flatten them a bit so they look less pointy!

Yea I know. I hate it, but that's what I started with. I guess they could use flattening. I don't like scattering them and leaving the tiles under them though, I hate that contrast between the flat rock-looking tile and the actual rocks themselves.

Level 36
When more people join in >.> I dont wanna judge only 2 persons.. <.<

Anyways, I got a anouncment!

Since I myself wanna partisipate in this contest, I will this time prenounce a 2nd and 3rd place winners, and will give the winner the rights to make the next picture! And if the winner dont want to do it, then I will ask the second place winner, and if he dont want I'll aske the third, if no1 wants to have this honor, then i will do the next myself >.> (alass)

So, you better go out and make your best terrain for this one, cause if you win, then you win the right to make the next picture !! :p

Level 36
As wrong as all that was written I understood that, well, the reason I choose the winner is simply because I need someone who knows what their doing to post, and someone who knows how to give critic in a good way, and who else can do that best than those who terrain best? :p

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 52
Anyways, I got a anouncment!

Since I myself wanna partisipate in this contest, I will this time prenounce a 2nd and 3rd place winners, and will give the winner the rights to make the next picture! And if the winner dont want to do it, then I will ask the second place winner, and if he dont want I'll aske the third, if no1 wants to have this honor, then i will do the next myself >.> (alass)

So, you better go out and make your best terrain for this one, cause if you win, then you win the right to make the next picture !! :p

yawn ;)

Level 36
hmm still than you make this almost a tournament for only pros :S

Well, since everyone can enter, then the same rules go's for pros as for noobs, but hey! Some day you gonna be pro as well! I can allready see you have made good progress on your terrain ^^ Just follow the advices you get and see how others do their terrains and you'll do good, both me and X.e.r.eX is fairly new terrainers, but look how far we have come! Just take time to learn and you will get pro, believe me! Me and XereX are good proof of that ^^

Level 18
well i dont think so i dont got a good pc when i put liike alot of grass i have mass lagg i hate it so much but well im saving my money for a brommer dont know how its called in english and that costs around 1300-1500 euro so i cant buy stuff for my pc because i want brommer so much. im currently thinking to make a campaing called fable maybe its possible for me to increase my skills during the making of the terrain of the campaing you can find the tread som where in the idea tread or somthing.

Level 36
The lag have nothing to do with your comp, but the editor itself, allmost everyone lag much when put out 1000 uppon 1000 of grass, but you dont NEED that much grass to make a good terrain, its just a bad excuse for not doing your best ... >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.