• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Legend of Occidoroth (TLOO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Since wcsear.ch times i'm following this workshop to support my campaign, but i never posted a demo or similar ! So here is my small "intro" trailer ;)

This' a BETA Version, lots of decoration and small fixes are missing, critique appreciated !
Terrain will be done in the Final Beta, this is mainly to test the cinematic and new models.

Info about the Campaign:

Campaign Aspect:
T.L.O.O. is based to be a very atmosphere and story based campaign with a mysterious, nervous taint. It's plot does play through many unknown and known places of Azeroth in the time before WOW, without changing any WoW Lore in-use. However, it does intrude upon few lore spots by expanding it.

Characters:
- InitialMain Character Group -
The party starts off with the brothers Alazor and Lanius and their pal Maddo. The Background story of their mercenary guild, "The Nightbrace", and how they got to Azeroth, is over 56.000 words long, so i will make this short ;). These three have been travelling together since childhood, earning their share as mercenaries and adventurers with their own, sometimes wicked moral, far from good, but not really evil either. However, their merry adventuring had a cruel stop when an incident they did also play a role in plunged half of their home continent into war. Only their friendship to a night-praising cult known as Fraternith Xalvoras (Translates roughly to "Brotherhood of Gloom") could aid them to escape their land and seal towards the first land they could find refugee in, a place suggested by the Brotherhood's spiritual leader, Nosfentor Vralesh'Atar, by chance this place would be the now abandoned island the order of the tirisfalen once used. Their influence left it as a silent, mysterious and especially untouched place, perfect as a sanctuary, at least for now, since our three heroes have no idea what critical events they will soon participate in... (explained below). Their Classes are explained in the Intro :)

- Background Story: -
During the characters, i have mentioned a critical event our group will be torn into. This event starts with the beginning of mysterious, unexplainable happenings, especially around the ruins of Durnholde Keep, involving unsolved murders, people gone missing, and the rare appearance of an odd, black rain. This all seems to be connected to an ominous, shrouded traveller allegedly spotted here and there. Some whisper his name as Occidoroth, but no one seems to be able to describe him, or to say even more than just having heard this name somewhere. Who is he ? -What- is he, and what is happening in Durnholde ? What is tainting the rain black in his vicinity ? Our group of heroes will be trying to find out, and pursue the steps of this scary figure !

- Key Features: -

- Advanced Storyline - The "Legend" is actually a story full of secrets and innovative turns.
- Detailed Maps - Zone Indicators, Detailed Environment and many secret spots.
- Atmospheric Environment - Adding additional ambient sound, ambient effects and intro music to special locations.
- Atmospheric Soundtrack - Dramatic, Beautiful, Scary and Mysterious music by Oblivion, Soul Calibur, and many more.
- Strange Locations - From boring grassfields to mysterious islands, dimensional paths and sacred, golden forrests.
- Variety to typical RPGing - I also plan to add quests in style of DOTA battles and Metal Gear Solid like sneaking.
- Impulsive Boss Fights - Boss encounters and optional epic encounters with trigger controlled abilities await you.
- Increased Maximum Level - Depending on the final campaign size up to 50 or even 100 levels to advance to.
- Ability Categories - Instead of putting skill points into single abilities, you will advance in 3 ability trees each character:
- Brutal Ultimate Abilities - Mastering an ability school will grant you extremely powerful trigger enhanced abilities.

Currently this project is quite in the beginning, even though some particulary challenging trigger systems are already running. However, this will need a lot, lot lot and freaking more lot of environmental mapping, so be patient ;)

Attachments

• TLOO Trailer v0.91.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello, I'm not really in any way an Ambassador for the Hive, but welcome anyways. People get pretty particular about new threads on the hive, as there are things they expect to see which also happen to be things that will increase the popularity of your map.

Explain in further detail the storyline, key features, characters, abilities and systems of your game, and back it up with a couple of screenshots. Not only will it save you from the whinging of the masses, but it will give people better insight into what your game is about, as well as increase the chance of member interest and map success indefinately.

Most people won't even look at a map that is explained in such a simple paragraph, so you won't get much support or even more importantly constructive criticism... which is a sure fire way to improve on what you have done so far.

Good luck yo

Level 3
Hello !

Thanks for the advice, i was so busy trying to find a solution for a problem with a campaign screen MDX for this project, that i didnt even think of adding more detail.

I have fixed that now and edited my previous post !

Level 3
I have uploaded Beta version 0.91.

- Slightly improved doodad detail all over
- Slightly improved structure of the Durnholde ruins.
- Slightly improved structure of the encampment in the war scene.

Trying to find more spots to improve, hints are appreciated ;)

I'm not good at Lordaeron Summer Tileset ruin maps :<

Level 3
Link is broken.

Link is fixed now ;)

Please point out special locations which have especially unsatisfying environment, so i can fix them :)
I am not sure atm, not in this tileset combination, at least without stuffing it with 30.000 doodads

Level 3
Hm, we can ignore the landscape/environment issue for now - i have been unaware to the existance of the Ultimate Terraining Map model compilation.

With it's help i will perform a full makeover of most areas in the intro.

Thank you for your opinions =)

Credit for this Intro already also goes to:

Tenebis for the villain-hammerfall model.
Sew for the crossbowman.
The band Dark Tranquility for the awesome background music.

Status
Not open for further replies.