• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Heroes Path: Legend of the Dragonlord [online RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
logo2ny2.png

Hereby I bring to you my upcoming online RPG "AHP: LotD"

For months I have been working on this project, most of the time in silence but for the last few weeks I have given a taste of my project on the wc3campaigns forum.

Background Story
AHP: LotD is an online RPG that takes place in a unique realm called Degodar during their medieval years. The land has been in conflict for years, during a war that ragged most of the country apart and left villages scattered and open for foul beasts and bandits.

Many years after the war, known to many as the War of the Crowns, was finished, the scattered villages and inhabitants forged an alliance to prevent anything of this scale again. At the top of this alliance a bound of Heroes was places, calling themselves The League of Heroes. Their duty was and still is to advice the magistrates, councillors and the ambassador on their decisions and to keep order within their kingdom.

As the land regenerated itself during these years everything seemed alright, till recently... and some rumours say it has to do with a long and forgotten legend never thought to be true... The Legend of the Dragonlord.

As one of the new promising Heroes that just finished their trainee-ship, you will be put on the task to investigate the matter and to overcome anything that might threaten the realm.

Gameplay

In this RPG you, and 3 of your compagnon Hero players will offer yourself to the service of the local authorities and the League of Heroes, where you are a member from. During these individual quests you will unravel any secrets, not only about the Legend that causes the disturbance, but also about the past of the lands.

During your quests you will obtain items of great power which you will be able to wield and of which most are directly visible on your character.

The story takes place in a RTS camera viewpoint, just like normal Warcraft III.

Progress

AHP: LotD is proceeding as planned, yet there is no knowledge about when it will be released. But we can give estimations on what is done and what is not.

Done/To Do List:

Terrain - done
Models - done
Triggers - >80%
Creatures and NPC's - done
Spells and Abilities - 80% (done for the alpha/beta test, but +/- 60% of final version)
Questline [Written] - 60%
Questline [Implemented] - 60%
Storyline - done

Features

The RPG will feature a great array of things, such as:

- A main and optional Questline
- A max. Hero level of 25 with spells suited to this level
- Revealing ability, adding a new dimension to questing!
- Custom Spells
- Custom Shops
- Spelltrainers where you have to buy your spells
- A new resourcement instead of wood called "Hero Ability Points"
- Custom items and units
- And more...

Resourcements work as followed:

Your Hero can obtain both gold as Hero Ability Points (HAP points). Gold is obtained trough killing creatures and finishing quests and is only ment to buy items and reagents.

HAP points can only be obtained trough leveling and are required for buying spells. They give an indication of your experiences and via that your trainer will know if you are ready to learn a new spell. Every time you level you will gain 100 HAP points which you can spend on abilities at the
Titan, Magister and Swift trainer. Each spell costs at least 100 HAP points and you cannot unlearn your spells (yet), so choose wisely before buying!

Next to these features the RPG will be playable for a max. of 4 players that will be able to customise their character by choosing their own spells, getting their own personal favored gear and so on.

I hope you will be looking forward to see this project go live.

Thanks for reading,

Syntic_Arrow

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 733
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 663
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 329
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Ingame01.jpg
    Ingame01.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 3,475
  • Ingame02.jpg
    Ingame02.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 401
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 1345.jpg
    1345.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Level 17
That terrain looks realy kick ass!!! Could you also give a screenshot of that swampy area? It looks cool.
- Only one small thing is your gth picture with the farm thing, I don't like the high amount of crops. :p

Game seems pretty good, I'll be sure to check it out when it's done.
That spell buying system u mentioned is kinda what I like best of what I heared about this map. ^^

Level 5
That terrain looks realy kick ass!!! Could you also give a screenshot of that swampy area? It looks cool.
- Only one small thing is your gth picture with the farm thing, I don't like the high amount of crops. :p

Game seems pretty good, I'll be sure to check it out when it's done.
That spell buying system u mentioned is kinda what I like best of what I heared about this map. ^^

thanks for your remark on my project :) ill try to add some swamp pictures for you hehe :D

Yeah, I might change the crops into other typs of crops where you can walk trough... will consider it, thanks for your reply :)

Level 5
actually it says LotD not LoD :p hmmm... and I didnt know of this game hehe, and by the way the turtle thing is actually just it's scales and it's a shield item

It's what you see is what you get, the hero you see there is how you will get the model ingame. First I used another model but it didn't support the correct animations I required

Object Editor is going as planned, alot of items have been added and simultanuously working on the triggers.

Done since last time:

- Fixed all models
- Items directly visible on Playable Heroes
- Objected alot of items, units and spells
- Fixed Animation Trigger for Playable Heroes
- Fixed Respawn Trigger for common Enemy
- Fixed Item system that makes you able to only wear 1 weapon, 1 headpiece, 1 shoulderpad and 1 shield at a time.
- Fixed Spellshops
- Revive system
- Random Weathersystem
- Easterbunny features
- Itempool system
- Creeps and NPC's
- Duel System

---------

To do list:

- Save and load system
- Implement Quests in the map

---------
Working on list:

- Writing quests

The map is done for approximally 80% and things are going as planned.

Currently I have it little bussy with my guitar and school but things are going fine with the project.

One new picture is added:

132su3.jpg

By the way, maybe it's an important note to give that in the future, when I'm done with adding most of the spells I will launch a closed alpha test. In this test the testers will be able to roam trough the lands of Degodah, kill creatures, check some of the cool weapons and gear items and level up. However the storyline + questline + save system will not be implemented by that time. So it will be purely to test what's already in it and give tips and comments on the map.

Don't forget to keep reading the changelog on interesting changes in my map!

Last edited:
Level 4
Awww... it'll still use the sucky 6-item backpack.

Other than that... the terrain looks great, the story looks promising, and I'm sure the gameplay will be terrific. Plus Bob! You can never go wrong with naming a hero Bob. :cool:

Level 5
Awww... it'll still use the sucky 6-item backpack.

Other than that... the terrain looks great, the story looks promising, and I'm sure the gameplay will be terrific. Plus Bob! You can never go wrong with naming a hero Bob. :cool:

haha! thanks :) and about the bag system, yeah you're right! long I was wondering what I should add as a different bag system, but I couldn't really find a well suited one, I found a good one but it will quit the game as like the escape button does, didnt like that really... ;p but maybe the future will change things

The story is a bit based on multiple stories, but most on fable! I wrote the basic storyline but I will propably expand the current story during the months :) expect updates from time to time!

Level 5
The map is proceeding quiet well! I've completed nearly all the basics and soon I will only need to make and implement the quests + make a save and load system.

Expect a topic surrounding the Closed Alpha test sign up within 3 - 4 weeks! (= all basics except for quests and save and load system)

Level 5
:grin:Dear public! A Heroes Path: Legend of the Dragonlord is going well, with recently added new features such as a duel system and prostitutes/special vendors! I will go on with adding new features to the map, hoping to add both recipes as features and more to come!

The quests and save/load system aren't worked on yet, and that won't happen untill AFTER the closed ALPHA tests are done. You will hear more about these tests in the coming days/weeks.

I hope I have informed you well enough, and as a treat I would like to present you some new pictures!:fp:

1321ab2.jpg

1322pu0.jpg

1323xv4.jpg

Level 5
(Sorry for double posting)

I would like to notice people that A Heroes Path: Legend of the Dragonlord now has gotten an official website on freewebs!

Visit it here!!

NEW IMAGES!! (check attachments)

Attachments

• A09.jpg
    A09.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 152
  • A10.jpg
    A10.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 175
  • A11.jpg
    A11.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 165
  • A12.jpg
    A12.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 142
  • A13.jpg
    A13.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 149
Level 5
(Sorry for double posting)

Added a rank system to the map, giving both positive as negative ranks, depanding on what player you kill! These ranks will have effect on some of the (exclusive) items you can wear and the quests you can complete!

Level 5
Dear Hiveworkshop'ers!

AHP: LoTD (oRPG) is going very prosperous! I estimate that about 80% of the total progress has been completed. With many and I mean many new features!

Here are just a few to start off with:

1. A Rank System: finish quests, kill monsters! This is your time to actually find a use to the times you have to do boring grindings! You will distinguish yourself from the rest and walk away with rank rewards!

2. Fishing System: go with the flow, using your fishing pole to catch fish! These fishes can be sold for quiet some or can deliver you something else...

3. Revealing: use specially crafted items to see what others cannot, and what eventually will lead you to rare quests and rare rewards!!

And more, much more...

Yours sincerely,

Syntic

Last edited:
Level 27
This looks nice but you can't use LoD since that was game on PS1 called Legend Of the Dragoon, one of best RPG games made. So i want you to change name a bit :D

LoD? And you CAN ONLY THINK OF THAT NAME!?!!?!?

The real LoD

Anyways yeah the terrain looks good but some qualities seem to vary and the last screen has some too spammy grass but this aint the terrain board so yeah this is above b.net quality i guess.

Nice! Keep going!

Level 5
So there will be a lot of boring grinding? :p

nope, not at all :) but there are ofcourse, grind parts that will be made more fun this way ;) dont worry, the quest variaty will be fine :D

I Would like to state that this project is going very prosperous!

Many quests have been finished on both the optional questline and main questline part! Apart from that alot of minor fixes have occured and a lot more weapons and armor has been added making it a respectable arsenal!

I would also like to appologise for not telling much about the project lately, it's because I'm so bussy with it!!

Here are some new pictures for the public :)

The public beta test is not ready to begin however, mostly because the questline isn't finished and I want to state that I work with the blizzard motto in my mind: it's done when it's done and I have great fun in keep adding new stuff to it :)

Attachments

• A20.jpg
    A20.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 100
  • A16.jpg
    A16.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 84
  • A22.jpg
    A22.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 91
  • A21.jpg
    A21.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 95
  • A19.jpg
    A19.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 140
  • A17.jpg
    A17.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 89
  • A15.jpg
    A15.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 80
  • A18.jpg
    A18.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 78
Level 5
I like the rpg, when will it come out?

It's done when it's done :) but trust me, that day is coming nearer and nearer having finished about +/- 80% of the betaversion :)

Also some new pictures are added in this post showing some of the cool item combinations used on the hero!

Attachments

• A24.jpg
    A24.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 131
  • A23.jpg
    A23.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 100
Level 5
haha! and it will come out :D but first I gotta finish my exams and stuff you know XD but I am adding new and new items to it weekly :) This project WILL be released within atleast coming summer ;-) so wait a lil' more onisaiyan ^^

Level 5
For multiple reasons I decided to quit the project, of which one was that I lost a final version of the map. However, I still got an old backup off it which I would like to show you and you can go on with it if you like:

Attachments

• A_Heroes_Path_RPG_prefinal.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.