• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok .. ! you just put the well the merchants secret shops and you will put the cliffs and i just put the doodads and the tileset ... agree or not ?
ok, im not expert at terrain, and,to be true , i only understud that you will put doodads. so you want me to send you a dumb map where i put the shops/the bases and evrything, and you make it prettier? i would like if you rebuild the map with much smoothier terrain.
ok, i will be working in that dumb terrain for you to see, heres info on my map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ed-terrainer-hero-defence-202756/#post1995654

Level 5
ok, i got the map done, can you please give me your skype/mail (comfortable wud be skype )
( im not double posting i just wanna inform him in the user cap)

Level 8
Hi,
Request
Desired Area: Whole.
Tileset: Any Modification is ok. Some grass must remain.
Deadline: none
Theme: It is for a Castle Build up and defend map.
Import: Terrainers choise.
Additional Information

Description:
This map is for a Castle Defence styled map, there should be alot of places where a player can decide to buil up his castle. This can be mountains, hills, bunker, forests , watersurounded places, cities , deserts etc etc etc. There is no need for extreme variation of tilesets. I will after this place Flags, that represent a ressource, this flag allowes the player to build there a gathering bulding. So it is not important what it is but it should be somthing. thinking of a waterfall, mill, fences with sheeps, goldmine, markplace, lumberhut, etc etc.
A place fo a castle should have 2-3 such Ressources, in extreme cases it can also just be 1. This rare cases of 1 Ressource have the adventage that they have only 1 entrance, all others must have more then 1.
Nothing from the terrain, this includes all the doodads will be destroyable (but i dont know how much a terrainer can make this while keeping this object to not be ghost-like passable, so i might do it).
Yes Thats it. Any questions?

Greets Equal

Level 17
Wow you must be seriously agrivated if your going to those lengths o_O

The backlog of this thread is becoming that to the like of the Pending maps o.o

Level 7
I have a request. :)
Request
Desired Area: Whole.
Tileset: Preferably ashenvale, but any will work.
Deadline: No deadline.
Theme: I want it to feel like it's kind of mountain pass.
Import: Terrainer's choice.
Additional Information

Description:
Looking for a terrainer to make a mountain pass/forest map, any destructible doodads available... the more the better. A simple 96x96 will do.
Please and thanks.

Level 13
Never assume someone is going to be done in time life is full of uncertainty's and this is one of them, they might just not have the time or just choose not to do it so don't whine if it isn't done just be patient and hope for the best.

Level 13
This is my last replay to this so we don't change the topic of the thread. Things happen nothing is ever going to go the way you want it to expect that, either make you're own terrain or just wait.

Level 17
Well i failed like horrible in the mini map not sure on the terrain probs fail alos. Ima get back to work as soon as possible. Hopefully next weekend since this week i had piles of work. o_O 3 hours of history and still havnt dented it T_T . SOrry for the huge delay

Level 17
:L Also do you want any key features added to it (apart fromt the already mentioned). And which Term is this set in Spring Summer Winter or Autumn
Oh no we don't have to learn it. Its coursework so basically a complete waste of time where we prove we can do nothing. You in theory get "unliminted preparation time" but we were given certain dates due to a schedule to cram it into a year T_T. Then you can bring in all the sources and information that you have written out into the lesson then you do the course work for X time in a controlled session. IN this session you can bring as much work and information as you like. So we did a detailed anlysis on 14 sources then picked 8 to use

Level 17
This terraining workshop is definatly alive. But its turned into a replica of the map section. So much demand to few in supply. :L We need a terrainer recruitment drive ^^.

(Maps pending in Map section 1 gajadabillion) (Moderators/=Under 20

:L So Anyone wanna be a terrainer? And join the team. It means not only will you be able to complete your own work but others as well.

life would be easier if everyone had 999.9999hours per a day instead of 24 T_T

Level 3
Er, sorry for not replying. Well, not much i think. Just maybe those egg sacks put around the boss area but i can do that anyways and i do need to make modifications regardless, so i think nothing. Unless you got some ideas, i'm always open for them

Level 17
Naa got none ^^ So far all i was doing was

Square Top right Forest All around

ToP MIDDle Fountain

Middle left and right statue islands and then dotted around creep camps and boss places if thats okay :L?

Level 3
Love the waterfall and the statue placements, the forest is pretty nice, just a question. The furbolg camp is a mini boss area or?

and for the broodmother (boss) area, i was thinking maybe elevate the terrain around it or smthing so it would seem like a cavern or smthing, a bit darker to make the mood, but i'll be fine with whatever you can give me. Nice map dude :)

Level 17
It'll depends
  • if you're trying to connect a big island (sandy texture, beach settings) you'll need to adjust the connector (the 'bridge') to be 'rise-from-the-depth-of-the-sea' looking, and adjust the width of each bridge end
  • if you're trying to connect an 'arisen island' (cliff settings), you'll need to use bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.