• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm looking for tips about terraining ...
I've played many maps with an awesome terrain, just like: Cataclysm and Diablo3Warcraft (by cloudwolf ... they are my favorites) ...
But no one live tips of how they do the rise the ground without using high and lower clift that WE come ...
Others terrains have some black mask in the ground, that seems to be nothing in it, just empty like hell ... Like in RoH (Rise of Heros II by -kobas-) in the area where kobas pandaren hero stand.
Please, someone live some tips or links of forum discution about this topics.
Thanks

Level 17
Go on the terrain forum. There is a sticky for terrainers and includes a pile of tutorials.

Main tip i can give. Get used to the terrain editor and it will be all pretty sunshine from there ^^

Level 6
****Requests***
#Tileset:Felwood,leaves,lumpy grass,dark grass,small bricks,grassy dirt
#Deadline:XX/XX/2011
#Theme:Forest,
#Tree:Ashenvale Tree,vilage tree and what the editor and find that fits
#Style:AOS
#References:DotA,Rise of Winterchill,Ashenvale Tournament
#Import:Animated:grass,flowers,bush

#Comments:It should look natural, you can use imported files you want, there is no Limet weight but the map should provide space for battles with three lines in an area of ​​96x96 with 3 lines and 2 towers per line and space hero selection (Kobas/Ultimate Hero Pick System).These are two teams each with its base, the base contains an old house where the items are been sold and one fountain of life and a Ancient.
I have a small demonstration of land.
if you think you can make,I submit the demonstration with a few small files imported.
without urgency

small picture:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/204923-albums5155-picture52997.html

Level 17

Thats a tileset/skin/model request. Go ask in the Model Workshop xD also run by Rysnt

To the above that wouldn't take to long i guess, currently still doing Rectors terrain though. I been doing it for months, never got round to it. As keep randomly joining competitions sorry xD just its fun :(. It will be finished by christmas though i can guarantee that i hope, might then spend the quick time to make it and any other requests, :L

Also by Dota like map do you want the same pathing layout and map build up. Or is it a custom map build up, and should the side be symmetrical for balance?

Level 17
xD With the backlog on maps your deadline should me more like XX/XX/2032

I was wondering, does the map need to be balances/Symmetrical.

And does it need on 3 lanes to be of a certain size in a direct path. Or can it be varied paths xD?

Level 17
Terrain competitions come in the form of Screenshots. If you want to dl a terrain from them first ask the guy who made it in a pm xD.

Level 4
Need tileset like this =)
AndrearionaNextProject001.jpg

FairyTailORPGLippoTownKarawaci001.jpg

AndrearionaNextProject002.jpg

please someone make it =(

Level 17
Celestial please remove the above. It is offtopic. Failure to do so and i will report. You want the MODEL WORKSHOP. Not the TERRAIN WORKSHOP

Level 6
I'm just asking if there be a post in the forum where the maps are allowed, but now I know that sush things aren't any where but screenshots. Sorry if you feel angry for that.

Level 17
Celstial please remove your post with tileset thing. Sammath asking questioins is fine
Celestial advertising/requesting in the wrong thread is not ._.

Level 10
Terrain Request

Hey guys is there still any empty slots? I would require your help this time. I'd need a terrain of a cave in my map.

Desired Area: See below
Tileset: Icecrown Glacier
Deadline: Best before 1/12/2011
Theme: Cavern of Raging Elemental
Import: No special requirement, but don't be larger then 200kb. This means as much ingame thing as possible.

The terrain should be based on this map.
MAp.png
the Green spot is the Entrence and exit. Just make it a cave entrance
light blue part is walk-able areas.

How big the map is?!?!
Capture.PNG
This is my map's minimap
As in the minimap, the red part it the place it should be.
It's on a playable 180x180, full 192x192 map. So please don't make it too big.

Some background of the Cavern of Raging Element

Cavern of Raging Elemental is where three great elemtals, arcane, fire and frsot lived in. So i guess it should me something mashups from these three elementals.

Is this request accepted?

Level 12
Desired Area: Full Map 512x512
Tileset: Ashenvale
Deadline: January 1st 2012
Theme:
An Ancient Forest with:
-Full Quality village style surrounded with three forests:
-An Ashenvale style forest;
-A Lordaeron Summer Style forest;
-A Darkshore Style Forest;
-A Small Cave with a Large, Circular Room and in it a Frostmourne Pedestral;
-People talking with other people(Duh!);
-Guards and patrols;
-Two elite horsemen near a medium sized abandoned Mansion;
-A Beautifull waterfall, lake and river
-BOSS AREA:Large, Circular Room, strange towers of energy targeting the center, in the center a gigantic sandstorm in a circular way and near it a Frostmourne Pedestral
Import: If it's needed yes

Tileset: Cityscape
Deadline:January 1st 2012
Theme:
An Old Castle with:
-Ruined Walls and Constructions
-Interior of the Castle revealed (5 Floors: 1st floor, 2nd Floor, 1st Floor Basement, 2nd Floor Basement and 3rd floor Basement
-Bandits
-Undead inside the 1st floor Basement to the 3rd floor Basement
-BOSS AREA: Medium Circular room at the end of the 3rd floor basement with a Skeleton Near a Throne (Diablo III King Leoric Battle Style)

Tileset: Cityscape
Deadline: January 1st 2012
Theme:
A Battlefield with:
-Ruined City with a Pre-set Route to the Boss
-A (Medieval RPG War) themed Map
-Destroyed Siege Weapons
-Dead bodies of Drows, Humans, Elves (Blood Elves and High Elves), Undead (No Nerubians, No Forsaken, No Monstrous Beings)
-BOSS AREA: An circular area with an strange Women in the Middle (Roxane The Demon Huntress)

Level 9
Desired Area:eek:utland
Tileset:custom if needed
Deadline:none
Theme:eek:utland
Import:if needed and the imports already in the map

i would like you to finish what l2love started on the map i will pm the map to the person that wants to take it i want all of outland and please try to get all dungeons in there

Level 17
Rector i added a cave section and a back part. Just need to finish of the left side forest. I added a hill and gonna add another cave and some stuff :L

Sorry about the wait xD

Level 17
yeohxin your request is fine accepted but i still have lots to do and no time. Sorry . After Rectors terrain is finished I will be coming up to my GCSE final exams and will probs have only enough time at weekends for 1 terrain. This will probably take almost up till next year summer. Then after that i can do some more since its 2months of doing nothing xD. Before As levels. Although i might be doing work experiance then.

So if you don't mind waiting half a year sure xD.

Level 4
can someone in here do this??
AngelsandDemonsUltima.png

Map Required Topography and others:
-It consists of 5 lines, with two intersecting the main three.
-The beige route above is the "outpost (green)" route, where the "roshan" should be, the red. it is supposed to be elevated higher than the bases of the heroes.
-There are 3 bridges (yellow) with the middle is 2.5 times wider than the two previous.
-The water is colored black and Innacessible.
-The Cyan square is where hero selection occurs
-The magenta cored circles are "towers", which is 42
-The red-core cirlces at the end indicates the "world-tree" and the "frozen throne"
-The pink area and the brown area on the far ends are the base of the "angels' and "demons"
-The blue-cored rectangle on both base are the "lounge" of heroes.
-The green area on the map is the "jungle" but consists mainly of trees but also buildings too. Has few pockets for creeps.
-The tileset is cityscape
-The edge consists of random trees and buildings
-The lower (demon) base and partition is "hell" themed, firey tiles, dead trees and broken buildings.
-The map size is the biggest in World Edit.

thank you for everything...
Map Size 160x160

Level 17
Also Does anyone wanna help around with this workshop, or become a terrainer since i'm the only active terrainer here(rest have irl problems or looking after Model workshop) and my output is 2 terrains a year -.- Seriouly no joke..... So anyone got some free time?

Last edited:
Level 17
Cancer. owch, just have a merry christmas and don't worry too much Rysnt xD have fun, as much as you can. And thank god it was diagnosed before it was too late

Level 17
Bump:

Terrained Finished:

Rector if there is anything you want me to add or do then please tell me and i will fix alot quicker than it took to create this though >.>. Sorry about the long wait.

Also i have put trolls in some suggest spots and other creeps around the place map is attached.

Pics can be seen here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/189225-albums5259.html

Attachments

• Rector terrain.w3x
    266.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 6
Just very very slow, some people has ended studies and now has a job that consume his free time. But still has loyal members trying to give life to the hive!.

Level 3
Ty bramble, it looks awesome. You could have however marked where what is(like, top right and bot right are those stronger boss camps?) The cave ain't exactly the way i imagined it, but i can take care of it its ok ;)

Also, them gigantic trees :D

Status
Not open for further replies.