• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #17 - Afterlife Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Sad news, Bern. I'm sure you can get on something different and stay motivated that way.

This theme of terraining is very difficult in my opinion, it really needs a lot of thought, because afterlife looks cliche with those pretty mountains, bright sky, castles or hellish lava structures, it looks earthly, not afterlife'ish. Just random thought.

Level 24
WiP 5

Attachments

• WiP5.jpg
    WiP5.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 152
Level 36
What if model is public, but it is taken from another website and the model itself is not designed for Warcraft, then it is converted into MDX. Is it legal? Model is public, but not prepared for direct usage.

If the resource is illegally ripped from another game, then it's not allowed.
If the resource is not illegally ripped from another game and is publicly available
on another site, then a link is all that is required together with the first WIP.
(Granted it's not a material, but a ready-to-use model).

Lastly, if it is a material, then you need to upload the converted model via pastebin,
or other uploading services, and then link to that during the posting of the first WIP.

Berny, you rock man.

For myself, I don't know if I will manage to finish this one, it's seriously tough to make.
But I want to, so here's another WIP for you chaps:

I don't fancy making hollow promises but that really hit a spot in me that might nudge me to start my entry already.

That entry of yours is darn nasty in design; that portal thingy is what it is...

...no, I've got nothing to say.

Level 31
A very early WIP of mine. Those cliffs looks a bit chunky, I may adjust those in the future. This is a couple that died together looking at each other holding hands. Afterlife concept will kick in later.

High quality human skeleton model is taken from tf3dm website, it is free for public. I just converted it into Warcraft 3 model. Author of the model is silviuq12, credits to him. Link to the original model is here. I also attach converted model as suggested by the rules.

SBCkiNP.jpg

Attachments

• Human Skeleton.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Level 17
@SF: There's still time ! We only have less than a Month, that means like 25 days still remain!

C'mon, you can do it! I as an Example, have been working on my terrain for 2 days and I have another 25 days. Don't be Weird OK?

WIP presented.

Slightly Moved the Camera, added custom Pillars, reworked the Hell Underneath, and Added some statues as well as other stuff.

Attachments

• WIP 8.PNG
    WIP 8.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 21
But probably you did not consider the other factors:

1- Gotta moderate all pending maps and that really takes time
2- If I don't moderate maps, I'd rather work on my maps than on some terrain that has to be particularly well done
3- Real life
4- I don't like a lot terraining. I thought of joining because the theme seemed interesting and because creating hell-like terrains is what I prefer most amongst other terrain types

So yeah, quite sure I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.