• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #17 - Afterlife Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, some of you know that I've recently been very busy moving from one city to another
and stuff, but it looks like things are fitting together now and I may actually have a flat
and my PC installed in it come weekend, so if everything goes as planned, I'll try
blackmailing my mojo into create a terrain.

No promises, I need to feel the terrain when making it, but I'll try to give you chaps
some competition ;)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It's up to each contestant whether it is a portrait or playable ?

Level 31
Ow, the deadline is early indeed, but that is just my personal approach, because personally I would like it to be at least to the 23rd of September, since if I am to work on this, it will be during September. But that's just some subjetive ramblings, I would however vote for an extension for at least one week further.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I flipped my theme, Its heaven now.
But I'm still not sure.

EDIT :

HEAVEN WIP :

Attachments

• WIP.PNG
    WIP.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
@Arad MNK

Nay (actually no, I gotta stop saying this language sometimes)

WiP 2

Looks good, except one thing.

Why do people use 0 tinting when Making something black? (Except advanced shading)
This makes the Texture completely useless.

Tinting your things to 10/15 would do the same but it doesn't destroy your texture and makes it Visible enough.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I have another question, the theme is 'Afterlife Realms', does this include the progress of leaving life and entering afterlife ?
Or do we have to specifically show the Afterlife Realm itself ?

Level 25
I have a question before joining.

If I don't believe in afterlife, am I allowed to join?

I will still be joining, just asking :p

Just add Leila and it will be hot. Interested to see yours though.

I have another question, the theme is 'Afterlife Realms', does this include the progress of leaving life and entering afterlife ?

I think it's allowed as long as it shows an afterlife realm, and to make it better have it have more space than the living realm.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think it's allowed as long as it shows an afterlife realm, and to make it better have it have more space than the living realm.
Well, if you show only the passage, but not the realm itself ?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Personally, I would okay that

I have a question before joining.

If I don't believe in afterlife, am I allowed to join?

I will still be joining, just asking :p
SACRILEGE

No seriously, you can believe in gnomes for all I care. It's just an art contest

Level 19
this is a wipwhatever

attachment.php

Explanation to your sure confusion: I don't believe in afterlife. When you die, you die. But what happens to you, that can I tell. You descompose and slowly become basic matter, and them get tear apart to all the existance, in other words, when you die, you stop existing as a human, but exists as matter in the universe. You are the closest to a god, you are everywhere and anywhere, you are just not you...

Now, disqualify me.

Attachments

• thisisawip.jpg
    thisisawip.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 264
Level 17
this is a wipwhatever

attachment.php

Explanation to your sure confusion: I don't believe in afterlife. When you die, you die. But what happens to you, that can I tell. You descompose and slowly become basic matter, and them get tear apart to all the existance, in other words, when you die, you stop existing as a human, but exists as matter in the universe. You are the closest to a god, you are everywhere and anywhere, you are just not you...

Now, disqualify me.

Your Terrain is not made in UTM, that's why you will be Disqaulified, not your Theme.

Level 31
Bernkastel is leading in my opinion, well done so far.

EDIT: Just wanted to ask. Is a very minor model editing allowed? For example, changing the material layer from None to Additive, just to add more light. It doesn't change the model much, just the layer of the texture, which is a really minor adjustment and everyone are able to achieve that, no need complex modeling skills.

Last edited:
Level 8
this is a wipwhatever

attachment.php

Now, disqualify me.

Wow, most interesting one so far. Besides, I love space.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Bernkastel is leading in my opinion, well done so far.

EDIT: Just wanted to ask. Is a very minor model editing allowed? For example, changing the material layer from None to Additive, just to add more light. It doesn't change the model much, just the layer of the texture, which is a really minor adjustment and everyone are able to achieve that, no need complex modeling skills.
Material filters and the likes should be okay

Why don't you all just skip the pleasantries and make some fine entries?

Yeah, I'm looking at you 2-P. Make the impossible possible and drop some high quality shit around.
I believe in you :p

I'll most likely ditch the crap on the door, didnt' look the way I wanted.

145260-albums2772-picture100952.png

Berny, you totally rule atm.

Level 18
*cough* I ruled, that is.

I had done a lot more work on this, and later yesterday I had realized that I had accidentally deleted the map while clearing useless trash of my disk, and well, there it went...
I was up all night trying to recover it, but I couldn't get it back the way that the file's condition would be usable.

I don't really have the motivation to do this all over again, so if I'll actually get an inspiration it will most likely be something else.

I could say that I'm a tad infuriated right now.

Level 17
*cough* I ruled, that is.

I had done a lot more work on this, and later yesterday I had realized that I had accidentally deleted the map while clearing useless trash of my disk, and well, there it went...
I was up all night trying to recover it, but I couldn't get it back the way that the file's condition would be usable.

I don't really have the motivation to do this all over again, so if I'll actually get an inspiration it will most likely be something else.

I could say that I'm a tad infuriated right now.

Aw, that's OK man.

Tell me: Is making a Building from Nothing for an Architect harder or Re-making a Building?

You CAN do it, and I'm Sure this time it'll be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.