• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #14 Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Terrain Contest #14
Suggestions:
-Castle
-Futuristic
-Rebirth
-Aquatic / Underwater
-Shore line (sunset/sunrise)
-Racial Settlement
-Space

Just so that theme suggestions aren't repeated:
Previous Terrain Contest's
#1 - Gloomy
#2 - Mountains
#3 - Four Seasons
#4 - Construction
#5 - Winter Wonderland /Playable
#6 - Ancient Mythology
#7 - Small World
#8 - Steam Punk
#9 - Cataclysm
#10 - Surrealism /Playable
#11 - Battlefields
#12 - Horror/Nightmare
#13 - Fictional World Wonder

Note: TC#13 is just ending and the poll will be up shortly, so this contest won't be up for a few weeks or maybe even longer. So no need to rush. Just get all your suggestions in.

Post away and I will add as they come.

Last edited:
Level 13
I suggest we try Future Terrains we haven't ever really seen future Warcraft 3 terrains.

Level 15
Well good or bad, all suggestions will be added to the list. However I can't see another contest in which the focus is construction happening anytime soon. We just did that.

Futuristic might be interesting.

Level 13
I like the rebirth theme a lot but I am still after future being as I haven't ever seen a good future terrain.

Level 19
Futuristic Sounds cool.
Maybe we could make something like a short battle scene. Like showing a "paused" action of maybe a grunt gonna attack a footman. Or maybe we can do something like Game Wonder Mimic. Mimic the cool attractions/places at certain games or maybe mimic certain areas there.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You know what, it's high time to pull the racial settlement card actually. It's been around since the discussion for the eleventh contest, and people are quite persistent about bringing the idea up.

Seems only fair that we should oathing oblige already, especially considering the idea itself should be well manifested about now.

So how about it?

Level 23
I actually really like the racial settlement idea. It can end up in very original and interesting terrains. But originality should be quite a big part of the final rating, to encourage people to use unusual races or make interesting combos, like humans living in tree cities.

Level 36
No German in this thread, Alagremm.

Anyways, from non-serious to less serious business:

I will accept nothing but the Racial Settlement this time around,
my baby has been a viable idea for three contests now (if not more)
and it is due time it gets fucking born.

Level 15
I'm with Keiji, M0rbid, and Fladdermasken on this one.
The Terrain Jury has spoken. Let thar be contest!

Level 36
scaled.php

Power to the Jury.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Belgarath's idea is genius actually.
You need to create 2 terrains, like when we had that Cataclysm theme.
First one in some year X another one in year (X + 2.000/5.000/10.000).
This slides oh so far down the cataclysm slant. Too far. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say it's fundamentally the same underlying notion with facial hair. It's plain as day once you've given it some thought, ultimately both concepts boil down to prominent disparity.

The only real difference is the time-lapse.
I suggest afterlife. Heaven/Hell/Paradise/whatever otherworld you can imagine.
Far too open a theme. You just bet your sweet pitchfork people will try to pass the most banal interpretations just for the sheer principle.

What happens at 1000?

Level 23
I propose Overgrowth. Though in a way it is similar to Cataclysm, yes, but its different. So basically, make something and them make it after quite some time, overgrown and stuff. Can end up in very beautiful terrains.

Level 6
I know that I am not really active these days, but you could make a terraining contest based on a song of your choice.

What i am saying, is that, for example, if you pick a blues song, then you can make the terrain have a blues feel to it.
I guess that it could be considered like a surreal topic.

blue is the mad cool
what i like about it is that its more an underlying concept rather than the defining idea of the terrain. Thinking about the no-imports "Construction" theme, that had some truly great entries because people took the take as a concept of a constructed anything and made monsters (fuckyea monstasssss)
it allows for more imagination and freedom of thinking and shit
yo

Level 36
it allows for more imagination and freedom of thinking and shit
yo

I would say that Racial Settlement does more that than "blue" does, but it is more than probably a matter of opinion. I'll put my vote this way:

I am in favour of Racial Settlement, and if it were to be picked I might consider joining, whereas would the other one be picked, there is a lower chance for it.

Do not mistake my last statement for being used as leverage, it is simply a statement of observatory meassurers.

Status
Not open for further replies.