• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest #5 - Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I don't believe I'm motivated enough to create a techtree anymore.
I'm abolishing my entries!

Too lazy.

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm also close to finish, just need to be done with heroes, then to building and to tie it together (yaknow, placing the upgrades, making the worker build properly, that sort of stuff...)

EDIT: actually, I'm not sure I gonna make it on time, almost sure I wont in fact, but I gonna try...

Last edited:
Level 1
Starting a bit late but I'd like to enter. (New so I don't know much)

EDIT: Heres my WIP and proof that its mine. Advice and suggestions are much appreciated.

More to come:
Defensive Structure (Tower)
Caster Training Center (Spirit Lodge/Arcane Sanctum)
More Units
More Abilities
More Upgrades
Item Seller (Arcane Vault etc)
Polishing of everything

Attachments

• (6)SwampOfSorrows (WIP).w3x
    229 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 30
I try to finish in 5-6 days and there this is the WIP scrennshot, still a lot of work, but I think I can do it in time
scr1.jpg

Level 9
So much work left, and I have to get back to base (military base that is) in sunday, so unless the contest extends in a few day I probably won't make it...

Level 3
@KhalanDuriant check this page for outstanding troll models and skins: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=106181 . You will not be disappointed, there is also a great unanimated raptor model.

1. I checked them and overall, they do look really good, but in my opinion they don't fit with my trolls. But still thank you! :thumbs_up:
2. Since things didn't turned out the way I planned, I might not be able to finish my race in time. Will still try to get it done, but who knows :xxd: Still good luck to everyone :thumbs_up:

Level 9
So it appears many of the participants are in desire for a few days to be added because largely we DO have a life outside the gaming area, and we simply have no ability to do anything except in weekends...

All hail extension?

Level 35
I am leaning towards aiming to get one hero complete, and then seeing how much I can get with the remaining time. The reason for this is because I'd rather have 1 hero with fitting abilities suited to its role than 3-4 sub-par heroes.

Additionally, I have to create all the upgrades (I have them planned out in my head) and need to create the spells for my casters, as well as some other unit abilities.

I have, so far, completed unit stats (for now) implementing DPS calculations to ensure they fulfill the role I desire them to fulfill, recreated the Energy Shields 'system' (if indeed it can be called that) as well as the Warping In system (that can probably be called more of a system).

Level 6
I just finished cleaning up bugs from units,they should be finished now. I just finished the first hero, the second one is one the way. I'll release the final version today later. I hope you guys have the time to finish yours as I barely finished my ideas.

Adios Compadres.

Edit here it is:

Attachments

• (6)SwampOfSorrows Bretons.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 16
Ah, I don't want touch there. But strict though the resource section may be, most people have no problems with it if they heed the proper guidelines.

Anyway the icon section and this contest are two separate matters. You may still use those 'rejected' icons you've made in this map, no problem. Don't quit out of spite. ;)

There you go WIP for now.
I will create presentation once when I finish my race :D

May I suggest a better way of your abilities-requiring-resources-system?
"Charge gold and lumber". It actually works just like Channel, meaning order id's can be changed and prevent collisions, if they are possessed by a single unit. ;]

Level 35
May I suggest a better way of your abilities-requiring-resources-system?
"Charge gold and lumber". It actually works just like Channel, meaning order id's can be changed and prevent collisions, if they are possessed by a single unit. ;]

That actually helps me out a lot as well, thankyou pharaoh_!

EDIT: Well it appears that 'mana cost' does nothing for the actual mana cost, which is what I want first and foremost.

Level 35
There you go WIP for now.
I will create presentation once when I finish my race :D

Really cool ideas, but I see a large number of abundant balance issues as well as potential balance issues. For example, you are able to move your Town Hall and deal massive siege damage with it. On smaller maps this would be a very potent and unbeatable rush tactic.

Additionally, the Chieftain is a 'required' hero in that it produces your town halls and house buildings. The problem I'm referring to immediately is that the race starts with their hero, unlike any other race. Additionally, you can potentially get an unlimited number of these mammoths, making for highly imbalanced late games.

Atm I see no possible way to produce more units. This is a problem. Obvious reason is obvious.

You can place your Town Hall right next to a gold mine, leaving you only needing 2 gold miners to create a continuous flow of income.

However, this is just a WIP, so I'm not aware of what you plan to do to fix these issues, or even if you were aware of these issues to begin with.

Level 2
The screenies look fantastic so far ! Hoping a few hidden talents will pull something out the bag last minute though, not many entries to compete :/

Level 35
well there's dio's submitted /properly/, there's mine yet to come (i might release a WIP map today), then there's the most recent WIPs being submitted by -kobas- and ashbringer and the likes.

when it comes to contests like these, however, i do feel that less is probably best, as there is a LOT to go through as far as judging goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.