• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest #5 - Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Cause Boomwolf has the same theme i will change mine :D

This contest there are at least 2 people doing demons aside from myself (i was the first to choose demons in this contest), and the theme has been done to death in previous contests. There's multiple people doing Goblins and Trolls and Humans, as with previous contests. In previous contests there have been 0 Elemental races. I do so encourage you to stay with this theme, as it will only be two people doing the same one, and the races will most likely be completely different anyway.

Level 9
Actually we are both doing "pure, unaligned elemental"

What DOES worry me is that we share the fire and water heroes (but not the air one, and he did not post his earth hero, if any)

Anyway, don't change your theme. another elemental army has it's advantages direct competition for one)

And I doubt you will come up with my dumb ideas anyway...

67chrome-you REALLY didn't get what the fuss was about...the fact was he combined 5 models into a single building, not the pathing of the building...

Level 4
:)

Well Im 14 yr old and with tons of free time
lamentably i have the editor in spanish (dont ask why) that is a problem?????? :vw_wtf:
im a bit noob in the forum, same question
but not in editor >:), same question
whatever what you mean (exactly) with terrain cant be edited..... this is one of the most depressing maps in W3 ROC!
All spells (heroes) custom? or from other (melee) heroes??
why im making too much questions...?

dead line is 30th september i must hurry.........

Level 49
A single building?
It looks more like a central building to me, with four more 'add on' buildings built around it(in the form of upgrades, perhaps), like the Terran "Tech Lab" and "Reactor" in SC2.
You can combine multiple doodads into one building with the Undead Graveyard's ability. I forgot what it's called; It's the one that spawns grave markers around it.

Level 4
A single building?
It looks more like a central building to me, with four more 'add on' buildings built around it(in the form of upgrades, perhaps), like the Terran "Tech Lab" and "Reactor" in SC2.
You can combine multiple doodads into one building with the Undead Graveyard's ability. I forgot what it's called; It's the one that spawns grave markers around it.

What a great idea........but how graves are atahed to graveyard??????????
same as a sword model on a guy´s hand????????
in that case what is the bone?????? (hand,rigth,sword,duh)
in any case a sheep race is nice/funny idea
but that idea was token by the sheep campain by a guy i dont know but i CAN use sheeps???????to the contest?

why i luv make soo many questions?

EDIT TO DONT REPOST: deadline is 30 sep so i still need to upload a evidence half finished of the race?? in that case where??
and i ask again.....WHY THIS MAP ¡NOOOOO! :)

Level 13
New main building(edit: or barrack xD^^)of my race:

146073-albums1618-picture51058.jpg

Its a portal to the elemental planes

the effect on it changes depending on which element is activated

u start with fire and by researching Therazanes Strenght / Neptulons Wisdom and Al'Akirs Swiftness u can switch between the 4 elements

Level 4
very nice man but how graves are attached to graveyard like your obelisks?

EDIT NO REPOST: Making an AI dont is bad idea though i alredy maked an undead AI not soo tricky in an melee map (like this) sooo..... :)

anyways how you will spawn the custom race? like an sellect diffiulty button in TDs? weird.......

Last edited:
Level 38
unfortunately Lord Pyrox died

The blood elves also split from the alliance, but the alliance in WC3 TFT is a snapshot just prior to said event. Considering there is no timeline-related lore restraints on this contest you could easily have notable deceased characters within your race. Actually, there isn't any lore-related restriction to this contest at all (unlike the last one, were it played a major thematic roll).

Changing the unit's appearance with abilities looks pretty cool though, i was thinking making visible changes on units for armor and weapon upgrades could be pretty snazzy as well (though also require a ridiculous amount of effort). Doing stuff like the metabolic boost upgrade for zerglings in SC2 were they get wings still looks pretty awesome though.

Level 13
The blood elves also split from the alliance, but the alliance in WC3 TFT is a snapshot just prior to said event. Considering there is no timeline-related lore restraints on this contest you could easily have notable deceased characters within your race. Actually, there isn't any lore-related restriction to this contest at all (unlike the last one, were it played a major thematic roll).

ehh lord pyrox was just the name of my hero who had nothing to do with the lore :D i just turned him into a unit

Level 2
Having alittle too much difficulty filling the quota and getting spells under wraps, next few days will determine if I can finish! :( All experience gained for next time though!

EDIT: Just tried to play GhostThruster's map - Seems to be broke, both in Editor and in-game.

Pharaoh_, meaby you can judge? Oh no.. I forgot that you're so unexperienced.. meh ;<

Be prepared for my wip & entry. Coming soon.. <like blizzard games> haha...

I'll probably join this one, so I am not sure yet.

I don't know how feasible it is but I would suggest extending the deadline 7 days.

I had extended it a lot already. It ain't gonna happen this time. :/

Level 9
So much work left, so little time...I'll have to cut corners in order to participate (remove all the complex cool stuff I have unfinished and resort to the normal, boring stuff...)

Level 9
I have a great excuse-the IDF gave me a lethal sickness called laziness...

EDIT: and that is also the reason why I wont be done in time, sorry guys...

Last edited:
Level 7
i probably wont finish, but is the concept still awarded? i mean, for example is the gameplay rewarded by how good IS the gameplay or how good is the gameplay supposed to be even if it doesnt work?

for some reason, everytime i click on some of the buildings (not all, just most of them) the game crashes. wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.