• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of the Zulium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
IC
Anora had spent the whole previews day trying to translate some parts of her book and she was finally making some progress. Most of it won’t make a difference, but Anora was happy with whatever she was able to find within this old book.
The morning after, Anora was summoned by the Grand Magister again.
Aha, Anora, welcome!” the Grand Magister said when Anora arrived “This is Archmage Helios.” he continued and led Anora to the Archmage “Good greetings, Archmage.” she said as she performed a small bow “Grand Magister, may I ask why I've been summoned?"

Level 12
As Popo and Ronoval were walking, Popo felt some strange energy around him. "Something strange is going on!" said Popo, as some strange energy was growing around him. "Finally..." said deep demonic voice and suddenly out of nowhere, black flames appeared around Popo, surrounding him and making him invisible to Ronoval. Ronoval jumped backwards, so he could not get caught onto fire. Fire was burning for about one minute, and then suddenly it disappeared together with Popo. There was no sign of him...

Level 8
"I think i can take it from here magister." and he noded whit his head the the Grand magister. he then turned to Anora "Anora! it is great pleasure to finally meat you. i had wished however that the circumstances would have been better." he makes a troubled face and looks at you for a second. "before we continue you should perhaps take a seat, this may be hard on you." and he offers you a chair.

Last edited:
Level 8
He sighed and is silent for a few seconds and then starts talking "This morning we recieved a lettre from your friend Ziva, as i remember it she was once one of my students, and i heard that you once met on your travels." he sighs again "maybe you should just read it yourself." he reached inside his pocket and takes out a latter witch he hands to you.

Level 8
Dear Professor Helios and my good friend anora.
It has been a while since we last spoke, and i think that moment is still far away. a few years ago when Anora and I were looking for the nexus i was losing hope, a short while ago however I stumbled upon some ruins from the old empire.These ruins had some interesting inscriptions on it. I added these inscriptions on another piece of paper, these symbols where new to me i had no idea what they said, it was not old elfish or any language we ever saw. as i read on tough one word seemed to always return, the word nexus. it was the only word that just kept returning. a few days after i left the ruins i found a stone tabled containing the same symbols as the inscription of the ruins, it was an alphabet and under it was the old elfish alphabet. at this time however i was discovered by demons and barely managed to escape, i do not know how long i can run but by the time this letter arrives i am probably captured already. i hid the tabled somewhere in those ruins, the location is marked on the map i also send you. Anora, these inscriptions might be the missing link to finding the nexus, if i cannot continue my search i want you to do it for me.
Kind regards,
Ziva.

Level 25
IC
After reading the letter, Anora silently sat back on her chair "Why would you leave without me, Ziva.” she thought to herself. Anora wasn’t relishing in the thought that her closest friend had started looking for ‘The Nexus’ without her, but the fear that something bad might had happened to her quickly overwhelmed Anora. With a puzzled look in her eyes, she asked Helios if she could take a look at the map that was supposed to arrive with the letter.

Level 8
"yes we will go take a look at the map and the symbols in just a second, it is weird but. a spell was placed upon those the piece whit the symbols and the map, the first person who touched those committed suicide and claimed to hear voices in her head telling her to murder people." he looks at Anora interested "what exactly did you and Ziva discover about the nexus?" he then asked.

Level 9
They walked longer in of the great hall, some guards between each pillars gasped and some of 'em dropped their weapons and ran to the back of the pillars. The lord straightened up and said: What's this?. The guard walked towards to the lord and gave the letter to him and the lord took it opened, then he readied the letter. Then later... he putted the paper back to the letter, he looked sad and said: Okay... We need to destroy the Nexus and free whole world for their wish. But... we need hero's. . He looked up at the dragon, Are you here to create a party or guild and then destroy the Nexus? he asked to him and Sarth'Dert nodded and said: Yes my lord. I need some new mates to destroy the Nexus.
Fine, god. We can set up a bill at each tavern's and inn's noticeboard in this city. Then we send the 34th Elite Siege Division to the Nexus Glade and prepare the Empire attack front to attack Royal Gate Fortress and they will attack if you and your guild or party arrives the front. :said the lord...

Level 8
OOC: wtf DESTROY the nexus?

IC: Helios sits down and listens to her explanation. when she is done talking he stands back up "well then, let us go and take a look at the symbols and the map. they should be completely checked for other spells by now." he signalled you to follow him and turned around and started walking towards the door. he leads you to the northern tower of the academy. you had never been in these quarters, they were reserved for archmages, magistrates and senators only. finally he leads you into a room with two small pillars. on each of the pillars a peace of paper lies, one is the map and the other has the symbols. "here we are, take as much time as you need."

Level 25
IC
Anora stepped up to the column holding the paper with symbols and just as Ziva said, this wasn’t Elvish, nor did Anora recognize any of them, part from one. She knew exactly where she’d seen it before and quickly she opened her satchel and looked at the leather the old book was wrapped in. At the front of the book, the same symbol could be seen, but Anora had no idea what it meant.
"What could it mean…” she said loudly to herself.

Level 12
Popo was flying trough the warp for about one minute, and then he suddenly appeared at the middle of huge black room, covered by shadows and huge walls and columns. "Whe-...Where am I?" said Popo confused, looking all over himself. "You're where you belong, Warrior!" said hollow voice, coming from the shadows behind Popo. He turned around, noticing black figure covered by shadows standing there, with crossed arms. As Popo could see, that figure had long hair, black robe and burned face. It was kinda creature made out of lava, from Popo's prospective. "How you mean, I belong here?" asked Popo confused, looking at that figure. Figure began walking slowly towards him, laughing with hollow voice. Popo attempted to draw his sword shouting: "Not a mo-...!" but then he noticed that there was no sword on his back. "Oh, you're attempting to draw my dear Blazer?" asked the figure, still keeping his gaze at Popo. "Your de-.... Blazer!!" Popo started shouting, looking at the figure with his arms placed as a protection, standing in defense stance. "Blazer is mine, it was always mine. But you haven't noticed that, young Popo..."...

Level 8
IC:
Helios: "so have you discovered anything new?" Hellios said to Anora while he came over to her. he then saw the symbol on the book and the same symbol and the paper "aha, two similar symbols, that is very interesting." he then was silent for a moment "Anora... perhaps we should... well go and search for that tablet? i am sure you will find answers once we find it." He looked at Anora waiting for her answer.
Jass Falward / Isoth: "where are those guys... they should be here by now, we really should get a move on if they want to arrive at that elven city before the army gets here." Jass said a bit irritated. he looked around to see if there wasn't any sign of Arnish and Lenee.

Level 8
IC:
Hellios: Hellios walked with her to the pillar with the map "as you can see it's just an ordinary map, the red circle is probably the location of those so-called ruins. now what troubles me the most Anora, is the fact it is in territory that once belonged to the Old empire. and in her letter she stated she was discovered by demons, it might well be close to an dark alliance stronghold." he sighs "all i want to say is we should get some help before adventuring off." he looks at anora waiting for what she is going to say.

Level 25
IC
Anora observed the map for a couple of seconds "Yes Helios, we shouldn’t venture there without a small war-party, for sure” she said with a low voice "I guess most mercenaries has either left or joined the army by now, so finding people might be a problem, or do you have any ideas?” she continued and kept observing the map.

Level 8
IC:
Hellios: "Mercenaries seem to be our only choice actually, the army has to stay on guard so they cannot leave the city." he thinks for a moment. "I will order the town post a bulletin at every tavern, at least some mercenaries must be free."

Level 8
IC:
Helios:
"you can study them as much as you want." he said, but then his face gets very serious "just remember this Anora... talk with nobody about those symbols or the map. to the public this will just be one out of many expeditions to find the nexus, they don't have to know anything about this." the way he said this made it very clear he was VERY serious. but soon his face went back to the proud and friendly face of a professor and archmage. "if you wish you can use my personal library, it has some documents which are restricted to the outside world. Maybe you will be able to find something there.

Last edited:
Level 23
"Here, Ill spalk it" Arnish said, pulling what appeared to be, a fresh bone from his jacket, about the size of Arlans leg, He walked up to him, and said "This is going to hurt" And before Arlan had a chance to react, he shoved the leg back into position, and started to bind the bone to his leg. "Now I suggest you dont walk for some time, I will use the potion later on, when we are in safety." Arnish said, and he hopped back on his Mule.

Level 8
IC:
Jass:
"lets go" he said and he started walking into the direction if the elven city (whats the name again?)

Level 8
IC:
Helios:
after a while they arrived at his chambers "you can stay as long as you like, i will sent a guard for you when I have found a party to go whit us." he then left and closed the door behind him. his room was round and high, every wall was covered in shelfs what various books, potions and herbs on them.
Helios walked down the hallway and informed the guards to hang up the posters in every tavern in the city. he then went home to his family, they were probably missing him already.

Jass: after a while of traveling the party finally arrives at the gates of Huami Litharae "here we are boys..." Jass says he then looks at the gates but they are closed, and the walls seemed to be guarded by more soldiers than really needed. "Guards, open the gate. we are travelers who seek refuge in this city!" the gates opened and Jass walked inside the city.

Level 23
"Do elves even understand Human?" Arnish said, "Ill try it in Elvish" and he started speaking fluently Elvish, with only a slight human accent "[elvish] Guards, could you please grant us access to Huami Litharae? We have ran from Cherival, and seek refuge here"

Level 8
OOC: dude, i already am inside... the gates are opened already. i took the liberty of posting all that. and for all i care i want to go a bit quick now so no talking nonsense whit guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.