• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Story of the High Elves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
2ue17xs.jpg

2aenfgh.jpg

Years ago Slayer14 have started a campaign named Story of the High Elves, and i always like the ideia, and i until have worked in this campaign, so i decided to talk to the active member who had the campaign,ImperialShadow,and he have allow me, continues the Campaign, but the storyline will be changed more or less 50% and follow more the Lore in some points.

The project team are Theoden of KoMe, Heinvers, Forsaken

wme1sh.jpg

6ht1r9.jpg

The Story

The story behind SoHE...

The story is an alternative to Blizzard's story of how the High Elves become Blood Elves and begins when Arthas defeated the High Elves and destroyed Quel'Thalas. As you may already know, Arthas used the Sun Well there to revive Kel'Thuzad. Although Quel'thalas was destroyed through the might of the Scourge, many of the High Elves survived and fled to the northwest. Little did Arthas know, the High Elves had covered much more ground than he thought. The High Elves actually had three magical wells that generated power for them. Other than the Sun Well, there was a Well of Eternity and the Twilight Fountain.

The Twilight Fountain provides magical energy to the High Elves, and until the High Elves can get to it, they won't be able to generate their own mana. The High Elves will have to have be able to still use mana though. That is where the Mana Carts come in. They'll have to pull these magical carts around to make mana for them, since they can't do it on their own without power from a fountain.

Chapters
We already have some ideas for a few chapters in the campaign and were working on more!

Chapter 1: Escape from Quel'Thalas

The first chapter of this story will be where some of the High Elves escape Quel'Thalas while the Scourge kills everyone else. The High Elven Captain retreats to a forest and discovers a small army in the forest that was left behind in the war between the Scourge and the High Elves. The escape route that the High Elves take is unordinary though. They don't just run away and into the forest, they run into an underground cave that leads them to safety.

This Chapter will take place in an underground cave where long forgotten Skeletons and Arcane Golems roam. Your main objective is to escape the cave, but some skeletons have it blocked off with a Force Wall. Destroy the power generator to bring down the Force Wall. Be aware that the skeletons have built a base in the caves though. They are sure to give you a good fight as they do not want you intruding in their base.

There are also Skeletal Orcs in this cave, who died in the first war with the Burning Legion. They were revived by Rajz'narak an ancient necromancer who lived in the cave and he is powerful enough to sense the presence of the High Elves. Stay alert, there's no time for lunch breaks.

-Idea by ImperialShadow, MrStormyZ, Slayer14, and EpicCraft
Chapter 2: Attack on the Trolls

After the High Elven Captain emerges from the cave and into the Plaguelands, the Elves notice many different Elven camps.

A powerful Troll Magi possessed a pack of wolves to help them destroy one of the villages, but something went wrong with the spell. The pack of wolves ordered the rest of the Trolls to obey him and the Great Wolf Champion took control. Now, his warriors, the Great Wolves, have taken over the village and now the Great Knight has killed the Troll's leader and has a camp somewhere in the woods. Hunt him down, but beware, the Great Wolf Champion obtained a Spell Book when he killed the Troll Leader. The Troll Leader was a powerful warlock and the book he was carrying had the knowledge to summon Wolf allies. This was used by the Trolls to create Wolves to fight for him. Now it is in the hands of a Great Wolf Champion.

-Idea by ImperialShadow and Slayer14
Interlude: The Demonic Request

Grimtel, a Fel Orc Warchief controlled by the Burning Legion, who is in Ashenvale, receives an incoming request from the Dreadlord, Rashgarroth. He orders Grimtel to take his warriors to Quel'Thalas and help the him and the Scourge find the remaining High Elves that survived and destroy them.

-Idea by ImperialShadow and EpicCraft
Chapter 3: Rescue the Elves

With the fall of the Sunwell, the elves living near Quel'Thalas were devastated. In the depression, they couldn't figure out what to do and least cared even if they were to get killed, so it comes to Good ol' Dalos to rally them up and as most of them are unable to use any magic, he needs to provide them with weapons and lead them to the Capital city of Dalaran.

You must go around to 4-6 different High Elf Villages and rescue the villagers there. Your main quest will be to fight off all of the invaders attempting to overrun the villages.

-Idea by MrStormyZ
Chapter 4: Quel'Thalan

Dalos Hawkwing finally arrives in Quel'Thalan, the village Northwest of Quel'Thalas, and builds a base there. Dalos discovers that the gold mine was nearly depleted in after 1 to 2 hours. Dalos called a Scout Captain Group to scout for more gold mines and lumber, but after 1 hour, Dalos still had not received any word from his scout group and Dalos himself organized another party to find the group. He found out that his men were being held captive in cages in a small Fel Orc lumber camp.

In this chapter, you will play as the High Elf Captain, Build a Base, and destroy the small Fel Orc lumber camp to free your missing soldiers.

-Idea by ImperialShadow
Chapter 5: Village Under Siege

The High Elves are prospering in their capital city of Quel'Thalan, but they're unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. The Undead Scourge has found out where one of their cities are and are planning to attack.

Later, the Undead attack the city and the citizens all take up arms and attempt to fight off the Undead, however the citizens are highly outnumbered and require assistance from the High Elven Army. As the High Elven Captain, it is your duty to go and defend the besieged city.

-Idea by ImperialShadow
Chapter 6: The Naval Ambush

The Alliance could not hold off the Scourge at the Capital City and thus the Elves are forced to flee again, they now plan on going to the land which their Fallen Ranger General had mentioned to them earlier.

The Elves found a good number of ships at the shores and are now setting sail to the new land. They are attacked by Fel Orc Ships on the way, so will be somewhat of a Naval Survival/Escape Mission.

-Idea by MrStormyZ
Chapter 7: Twilight

The High Elves need to establish a base near the Twilight Fountain. This chapter will be about collecting a certain resource, like the 4th Orc RoC Mission where you collect lumber. Also, since the High Elves finally found the Twilight Fountain, they won't need to use Magic Carts anymore. They will be able generate their own mana normally.

-Idea by MrStormyZ
Chapter 8: The Fate of the Windrunner

Sylvanas Windrunner, former Ranger General has been slayed and revived as a Banshee. She knew about the Elves' new land and she was ordered by the Dreadlords to lead an Undead army there while Arthas and the Demonlords head to Kalimdor.

The Main Quest of this chapter can be kill her or get her to come back to her senses and at the same time, the Elves must defend the Twilight Fountain.

-Idea by MrStormyZ
Chapter 9: The Dreadlord's End

You, and your Elven brethren, must retake Quel'Thalas and conquer the Undead who stole your land. The Undead has set up a large base in the city of Slivermoon and have set up other bases around Quel'Thalas, and you need to take them out. Of course, by now, Arthas and the Scourge are gone and have moved on to Northrend with Kel'Thuzad.

Your Main Quest will be to slay Rashgarroth, the Dreadlord in charge, and destroy his base.

-Idea by MrStormyZ and Slayer14

5juqky.jpg

Dalos Dawnstider - The ledear of the High Elves, and one of Sylvanas' Ranger, he lead the high elves in the mistress' order, and discorved the Twilight Foutain.

Meridia Sunstider - The High Queen of Quel'thalas and an extraordinary Illusionist, Meridia have flee with Dalos for save their lives and of the High Elves, leaving aside the nobility, the Queen will lead his people to glory in a land entirely new, but with the threat of the scourge, will not be so easily predicted equal

f1krpk.jpg

216209-albums6999-picture77510.png
216209-albums6999-picture77511.png

216209-albums6999-picture77531.png

216209-albums6999-picture77546.png

Last edited:
Level 23
can i join you in the campaign as units maker or grammar helper or beta tester ? :) like tides of war.

I could also help with testing the maps and making ideas for heroes/units/lore.
Good luck with this project. c:

Well, you can be the beta testers :)

Hello Fosaken i like your Campaign of Tides of War and i wish you good luck in your new Campaign.

Thanks, but this campaign is of Laercio too :)

Level 24
Good luck with this project you should start this campaign with the events that transpired after the war of the ancients showing what happened to those of the highborne that did not survive the explosion which if I may recomend so could serve as a portal into a new campaign about the nagas, seeing as you've made one campaign that shows the sin'dorei and are now working on one that's showing the quel'dorei it seems only just that you should complete the family tree making a story about the nagas, the kal'dorei and the trolls.

Level 23
Good luck with this project you should start this campaign with the events that transpired after the war of the ancients showing what happened to those of the highborne that did not survive the explosion which if I may recomend so could serve as a portal into a new campaign about the nagas, seeing as you've made one campaign that shows the sin'dorei and are now working on one that's showing the quel'dorei it seems only just that you should complete the family tree making a story about the nagas, the kal'dorei and the trolls.

Well, i already have all the mission in mind, but this is a good ideia :)
and i intend to do my next campaign, a kal'dorei campaign, that start in the war of the ancients, the attack on the Well of eternety and all the happening of the time,
but for this I have to think of missions, and other things, to get something well prepared and that makes sense, but when I finish Tides of War, and this campaign is well developed, I will think better of it, and i liked about nagas and troll :3

thanks ^^

Level 23
hey mate.I know both of you and I would like to join your project.Im good at all.Just ask it and it will come :p

By the way.You 2 already have the Tides of War project.Why start another one?

Well, i don't know if we need help now,
Tides of War, it is me who make, Laercio just help (so much ) and we love the high elves,so i have the ideia to continues this project, but i'm working hard on Tides of War too :)

Level 23
Well I can start with terrain and units as long as you 2 are occupied?

Me: Terrain (that i love make), triggers, story
Laercio: Story, triggers, spell

And the Techtree are nearly completed.

About you made the terrain, it is really hard cause i have some ideias i have when i'm doing the terrain, and i just love made terrain, but anyway your help :)

Edit:

The first Screenhot of the Campaign :)

21jwxfl.jpg

Last edited:
Level 24
Me: Terrain (that i love make), triggers, story
Laercio: Story, triggers, spell

And the Techtree are nearly completed.

About you made the terrain, it is really hard, cause some ideias i have when i'm doing the terrain, and i just love made terrain, but i appreciate your help :)

Edit:

The first Screenhot of the Campaign :)

21jwxfl.jpg

Not to sound offensive at all but you do not really seem to have mastered the grammar of the english language so may I ask who's in charge of that?

Level 23
Is this english paragon of yours also correcting the grammar of Tides of War?

i don't understand very well, but if u are talking about who will help us with the grammar of tides of war is the same of this campaign ? if is this, i will talk with him if he help me in the grammar

yay, good luck with this one :p

Gj.

Level 24
Thank you, that did indeed answer my question. If you ever find yourself unsure about a text you can pm it to me, I might not be perfect but I can detect most of the basic errors people tend to make.

Level 11
thank you :D , and can i have the campaign so i can tell you the bugs and suggestions/ideas before starting in new missions ?

Level 7
Hey Forsaken this sounds great, glad you are using my Mana Wyrm model, I love the High Elves as you can probably tell.

Please let me know if there are any other resources you would like from my Siege of Quel Thalas map and I will give you them.

Good luck and show us some screen shots please :)

Level 23
Hey Forsaken this sounds great, glad you are using my Mana Wyrm model, I love the High Elves as you can probably tell.

Please let me know if there are any other resources you would like from my Siege of Quel Thalas map and I will give you them.

Good luck and show us some screen shots please :)

ooh, thanks, and yes, i probably want somethings of your maps, i will pm u soon,
I have updated a screenhot yesterday, but i don't have put in the front page, now you can go there and see :)

Level 6
Greetings

Hello everyone...

Whoa, so many posts and we just got it started, lol...

We're gonna work on this, and testers, supporters and others that will be of help is something that Forsaken and I have not yet decided (we're gonna consider that soon).

Thanks to everyone who is eager to help us...

See you all soon ^^

Level 9
Campaign name isn't that great, try to come up with something that sounds cooler. :p

The skins by 67chrome look really high quality compared to the ingame textures, and I wouldn't personally use them in an rts setting next to the normal models.

I recommend you try a different skin or preferrably a different model for the ranger next to Sylvanas.

Terraining could also use some serious work from what I can see, try to get inspiration from the Undead campaign in Reign of Chaos.

Good luck.

Level 23
Campaign name isn't that great, try to come up with something that sounds cooler. :p

The skins by 67chrome look really high quality compared to the ingame textures, and I wouldn't personally use them in an rts setting next to the normal models.

I recommend you try a different skin or preferrably a different model for the ranger next to Sylvanas.

Terraining could also use some serious work from what I can see, try to get inspiration from the Undead campaign in Reign of Chaos.

Good luck.

Yes, i know it but i leave the same name of the other creator, and i don't think nothing better to replace the name, if u have a great idea tell me . I will use many of 67chrome's skin, the skin are perfect, the terrain that u see i will work more, thanks ^^

Level 23
following, following :ogre_haosis:
can i join in as a beta tester? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

yes :)

look nice, and you have write this:

who is this hero ????

Well, now everything about this hero are fine, so i can tell :)

New Hero
Meridia Sunstider - The High Queen of Quel'thalas and an extraordinary Illusionist, Meridia have flee with Dalos for save their lives and of the High Elves, leaving aside the nobility, the Queen will lead his people to glory in a land entirely new, but with the threat of the scourge, will not be so easily predicted equal

Level 24
Speaking of Beta testing my computer might actually start working later today so in that case I'd be happy to beta test both of your maps.

Level 9
ImperialShadow, and he have allow me

You may use the original maps as long as I get Credited in the Release.
(if you are using them anyways :p )

as the Terraining is done by me and believe me most of the campaign was just terraining.

All we managed to do is make a intro cinematic and a lil of the first mission.

I'm surprised I wasn't even contacted for this! I've spent a very good amount of my modding time in this Campaign to be specific.

Level 23
You may use those maps as long as I get Credited in the Release.
as the Terraining is done by me and believe me most of the campaign was just terraining.

I'm surprised I wasn't even contacted for this. I've spent a very good amount of my modding time in this Campaign to be specific.

First, Sorry for don't contact, and if u want join us, you are more then welcome, i made this mistake cause of this:
attachment.php

i until have seen your profile and u don't enter by days, and about the terrain of the campaign that he have send me just have 2 maps, u have more maps of the campaign ? and about the terrain u have made i will put credits but i have changed somethings for made a war-ish terrain :)

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 711
Level 5
Well, now everything about this hero are fine, so i can tell :)

New Hero

Wow, i really like it your ideia, the Queen of Quel'thalas a good ideia, and will have other heros ?

Level 24
Will we see any more of Sylvanas then what we see in the Reign of Chaos campaign? I would like to see her and Alleria go up against Doomhammer and his army.

Level 23
Will we see any more of Sylvanas then what we see in the Reign of Chaos campaign? I would like to see her and Alleria go up against Doomhammer and his army.

Sylvanas will just apper in this cine and when she die, and the campaign is when Arthas invade Quel'thalas, so Alleria as missing in action, i know that i can put her here, cause i will made many custom lore, but i don't have plans for her :/

Level 6
You may use the original maps as long as I get Credited in the Release.
(if you are using them anyways :p )

I'm surprised I wasn't even contacted for this! I've spent a very good amount of my modding time in this Campaign to be specific.

Oh, everyone involved in the project (the earlier version and this one) shall be credited, no matter if we use the original maps or not (I often call this justice, many may call it copyright :p).

And as Forsaken stated, if you want to stay in the project and help making it you are not only welcome, you're a musthave ^^

Level 23
Is there anything that you guys need ideas/suggestions for at the moment? is there anything to be tested right now? (Just curious, i'm really excited for this campaign c: )

Well in time i'm more focus in Tides of War, i want finish the campaign for focus in Story of the High elves, anyway your help are welcome when i enter with all in this project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.