• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Every chapter was fairly easy except for chapter 4. Just to make clear: by "easy" I mean under 3 hour mark :p

Level 29
Now thats cruel! Even van Durce isnt that cruel. And he tortured Blen to death.

Never underestimate the cruelty of Shar...when you think he reached the peak of cruelty, he surprise us...:D

Don't worry he said he is a cruel tyrant, but not a mad cruel tyrant so he won't do it.

In a way, sane tyrants are worse than insane tyrants. When they do something nefarious, it is far more calculated and you know they are doing fully aware of what they are doing.

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Guess we are going to spend 6 hours for next chapter, aight? The thing I hated about first human book was it's rather easiness. I would say not exactly easy, but way too like blizzard/vanilla campaign. Suffice to say having a challenge is great yet sometimes I'm terrified by some suggestions made here. You guys are tough :p

Level 10
I have found a bug. In the third chapter of the 2nd book, the pass battle, zealots cant get their critical strike researched.

Level 3
Does the campaign update itself or do i have to re-download it? Because i CAN'T find the 2nd human book under resources.
Some help please :(

Level 10
When there is progress to be shared about any upcoming chapter, I will share it with you.
Currently taking a short break.

Good plan. Relax, go to Hawaii, gather some inspiration. And then bring us another chapter that we will remember forever ! :D

Level 2
the van Durce 2nd skill - Plating or sth
besides +10 armor it also has Thorn effect, right?
I see it doesn't appear in the skill description but it starts backfiring dmg to the enemies, especially when we use 'whosyourdaddy'.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
especially when we use 'whosyourdaddy'.
I do not stop people from using cheats, but I do not support them.
This means that any issue caused by cheats will not be fixed.

Regardless, we will take a look at this in a game without any cheats.

Last edited:
Level 10
I do not stop people from using cheats, but I do not support them.
This means that any issue caused by cheats will not be fixed.

Regardless, we will take a look at this in a game without any cheats.

No need to take that thorns effect away :D It does zero damage to those knights. Its a pity those attack waves are so well synchronized they dont meet each other :D :D
It is however very funny that you can use small net to ground gigantic airship in chapter 9 :D :D

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

No need to take that thorns effect away :D It does zero damage to those knights. Its a pity those attack waves are so well synchronized they dont meet each other :D :D
It is however very funny that you can use small net to ground gigantic airship in chapter 9 :D :D
Somehow they met each other quite often in my run. However, there were more Undead vs Genethas&demons engagements, then Orc vs Demons or Orc vs Undead

Level 12
it was a joke, but with all the plot twists and revelations only Shar really knows whats going to come at us, final battle will probably be a might epic war between Gardon and durce, you might even get to decide sides....but that is all just my opinion

Level 12
th

Epic battles ahead
Arkain shall tremble

on a serious note I be liking the destructors ... a powerful ship that can rain down on its enemies kind of remind me of kirovs from red alert 2, but even more op

Level 10
After Gardon and van Durce are done:
Lets go kill demons!
Ehm, sir, they are gone.
What? How?
Your little war scared the **** out of them and they ran away.
Oh...

Edit: back to the thorns thing, it can seem like thorns but it can actually be those spirit link spells.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I don't know why I agreed to this Shar! Somethin must've been going wrong in my brain.
Bah.jpg
It's all a matter of timing and I get better after every attempt... doesn't make this pain any better though.

Level 11
It seems that pictures of crusaders = always relevant to arkain,

oh and Karkin, not everyone possesses those godlike wc3 skills you do, some of us actually have to try to pass some missions on normal and even easy

Kasrkin

Level 26
What if he is trying with no possession and without training additional spirits? You only start with 3 and that's all you get. :D
Ring a ding, no possession and I eventually have to kill Ross. Can kick the crap out of attacking waves but actually attacking is something different. Need more fire mages probably.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Ring a ding, no possession and I eventually have to kill Ross. Can kick the crap out of attacking waves but actually attacking is something different. Need more fire mages probably.
Gimme a pro tip. Are hydromancers better than firemages?

Kasrkin

Level 26
Gimme a pro tip. Are hydromancers better than firemages?
Maybe, crushing wave is great instant damage and haste plus another buff turns your army into something to be feared. At the same time you can keep rain of fire going longer after your hydromancers have run out of mana and the fireball stun is always great.

Hydros don't need as much as a supporting force as mages do.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

You also have to micro firemages a bit more, while you can just use autocast with hydros. Rain of fire is great and all, but I feel like buffs provide you with more benefits in the long run. Crushing wave is also better at dealing with a group of clustered units since rain of fire doesn't stack.

Level 3
I've recently replayed the final chapter of 1st human book and watch the epilogue. So Largoth stated that salana kill her apprentice(i destroyed lera's base in Chapter 5) which is Lera the huntress. but, I've noticed that the ranger hero of the red guard in chapter 7 of 2nd human book is named Lera the huntress. there's really no problem if you don't destroy her base in 1st book but I did and she still appear in 2nd book. I'm sure that my decision is carry over since gardon is defending blen when van douche accuse him that he work with genethas in prologue and harmos is not worrying to meet gardon once again in the ending cinematic of chapter 8.

Level 22
I've recently replayed the final chapter of 1st human book and watch the epilogue. So Largoth stated that salana kill her apprentice(i destroyed lera's base in Chapter 5) which is Lera the huntress. but, I've noticed that the ranger hero of the red guard in chapter 7 of 2nd human book is named Lera the huntress. there's really no problem if you don't destroy her base in 1st book but I did and she still appear in 2nd book. I'm sure that my decision is carry over since gardon is defending blen when van douche accuse him that he work with genethas in prologue and harmos is not worrying to meet gardon once again in the ending cinematic of chapter 8.
The campaign can be buggy when importing some choices, this issue will be fixed later on.

Level 29
I've recently replayed the final chapter of 1st human book and watch the epilogue. So Largoth stated that salana kill her apprentice(i destroyed lera's base in Chapter 5) which is Lera the huntress. but, I've noticed that the ranger hero of the red guard in chapter 7 of 2nd human book is named Lera the huntress. there's really no problem if you don't destroy her base in 1st book but I did and she still appear in 2nd book.

That choice really is pointless. Either you kill her in the first book or kill her in the second book. Either way she ends up dead.

when I heard that the emperor and Gardon were half brother I was seriously like wtf??????

And that made me believe that Gardon only became general due to nepotism

Level 22
And that made me believe that Gardon only became general due to nepotism

At least unlike Lerrig who got his General post the same way and die like an idiot while fighting demons ;), Gardon proved he deserved his post.

At this point! ;)
And in the next point i know you will revive her. It's all part of your plan. :D

Last edited: