• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 9
I had to create a new user to see if the dark elves join in the fight. :/
Regarding the orcs and their chieftains, I remember that Aridon sent his agents to eliminate all chieftains except Sassorgan, Rath, Zairmak and Rangul and even some died by the dwarves and elves.
Aridon has more plans for the orcs and Gardon has plans for the whole continent.
Will we see the ending of this war in the second books or will there be more books?
Only the Tyrant knows.

Level 22
Will we see the ending of this war in the second books or will there be more books?
Shar said the second books will offer an ending, but will it be a happy one, a sad one, a cliffhanger one? Only time will tell.
There will be more books of course, but they will be spin-offs and will be a lot smaller.

Aridon has more plans for the orcs and Gardon has plans for the whole continent.
Since his plans involve manipulation they won't work on the orcs. He will have to outtrick them or just abandon his plans for them.

Last edited:
Level 20
@Morris I ment warchiefs from the other races that joined this "tribal federation" not orc chieftains i am well aware Aridon made sure most of them perished.

Level 29
Last edited:
Level 10
To give you some idea of what I did to destroy the demon slaves and their masters.
Van Durce has a scroll of town portal by the way.

I get that part. But I have problem with destroying rest of the base. Cause I amass full population of soldiers and knights chop me up in no time. Cant get past their massive defense.

Level 3
i wonder if there's any effect if you destroy the dark elves in chapter nine
I want also to point out the lacks of healing capabilities in the chapter. Yes we have priest but the constant attack of the enemy is not giving us any oppurtunity to regenerate my entire army. Of course i cannot get a priest for every one of my unit.giving van durce a healing wave will be great help to solve this problem.speaking of van durce, i think his ultimate were not really useful because of long cooldown. Before i can use it again my enemy is already dead together with my units or there life is low and i cant afford to heal them very fast before another army will come.Maybe consider to lower its cooldown slightly. OR you can change it completely with a big a aoe spell.for example a light version of starfall

Level 29
i wonder if there's any effect if you destroy the dark elves in chapter nine
I want also to point out the lacks of healing capabilities in the chapter. Yes we have priest but the constant attack of the enemy is not giving us any oppurtunity to regenerate my entire army. Of course i cannot get a priest for every one of my unit.giving van durce a healing wave will be great help to solve this problem.speaking of van durce, i think his ultimate were not really useful because of long cooldown. Before i can use it again my enemy is already dead together with my units or there life is low and i cant afford to heal them very fast before another army will come.Maybe consider to lower its cooldown slightly. OR you can change it completely with a big a aoe spell.for example a light version of starfall

Maybe Shar can put some healing fountains in the map?

What if his ult ability would be like this "Unleash Inner Douchness": van Durce releases his douchness and it is so much that damages nearby units, including allies because...he is a douche.

Level 22

What if his ult ability would be like this "Unleash Inner Douchness": van Durce releases his douchness and it is so much that damages nearby units, including allies because...he is a douche.
Yep, maybe put healing items in some mobs.
Also why doesn't he give him a passive named "i did it for the emperor". All nearby soldiers under his command are sent to the most fortified enemy base to die.

Level 3
[/SPOILER]
To give you some idea of what I did to destroy the demon slaves and their masters.
Van Durce has a scroll of town portal by the way.

Or you can used the destructor and pride of humanity to destroy the demon gates. It will take longer but less danger of being stack inside the demon slave base being surrounded and get killed by the slaves and their demon masters

Healing fountain won't help on the front line of the battlefield

Level 10
Yep, maybe put healing items in some mobs.
Also why doesn't he give him a passive named "i did it for the emperor". All nearby soldiers under his command are sent to the most fortified enemy base to die.

Maybe he can give scepter of healing to one of the 6 demon lords waiting for you in your own forests.

To Ashley : Only consequences are from side quests so far.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
@Kasrkin I take it from the that base that you spared the dark elves.
If you meant the screenshot from the other day then yes.
I get that part. But I have problem with destroying rest of the base. Cause I amass full population of soldiers and knights chop me up in no time. Cant get past their massive defense.
I usually pull the demon slaves out of the base or send some units to the far end of the base to take aggro for a few seconds.

But for the demons it's something different: spells, splash, chaos damage. Their rally point is typically very close to the ramp leading out of the base. So, when you're done killing demon slaves or done killing demons one of the armies is back up with their hero revived.

I thought I could take them head on but that didn't work, slowly turtling with massive bases didn't work either. So I had to do something different, through trial and error and so much gold I decided on golems and catapults. The demon gates and their shrines cannot be rebuilt. Keep in mind your golems will still be killed very quickly.

One last thing you can hit one of the gates from your side of the river. If this seems jumbled and contradictory I'm sorry don't have a lot of time right now.

Level 10
If you meant the screenshot from the other day then yes.

I usually pull the demon slaves out of the base or send some units to the far end of the base to take aggro for a few seconds.

But for the demons it's something different: spells, splash, chaos damage. Their rally point is typically very close to the ramp leading out of the base. So, when you're done killing demon slaves or done killing demons one of the armies is back up with their hero revived.

I thought I could take them head on but that didn't work, slowly turtling with massive bases didn't work either. So I had to do something different, through trial and error and so much gold I decided on golems and catapults. The demon gates and their shrines cannot be rebuilt. Keep in mind your golems will still be killed very quickly.

One last thing you can hit one of the gates from your side of the river. If this seems jumbled and contradictory I'm sorry don't have a lot of time right now.

After 4 hours and a lot of praying and begging, I have won the battle! Chapter 9 on normal beaten without any cheats! I have succumbed to the call of destructors however, using them in groups of 5 to blow up the castle and then any workers of the demon slaves. In about 12 waves both castles and all workers dead. So I spent next half an hour building bases near other mines (to win I practically only used those 2 mines provided at the start). Just so it would look nice you know.

I strongly suggest increasing the damage of van Durce´s ultimate ability. I think tripling it would make it the killer it is meant to be.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have succumbed to the call of destructors however
Arkain will remember this.

I think tripling it would make it the killer it is meant to be.
Tripling it would make it absolutely broken. That'd be like 1,200 damage.

It already has a relatively low cooldown, so it can be used often, and van Durce has only two
active abilities.
I see no reason to change his kit, I consider it balanced in its current state - for a strong hero, that is.

Last edited:
Level 10
Arkain will remember this.

Tripling it would make it absolutely broken. That'd be like 1,200 damage.

It already has a relatively low cooldown, so it can be used often, and van Durce has only two
active abilities.
I see no reason to change his kit, I consider it balanced in its current state - for a strong hero, that is.

It would be 900 damage + 300 aoe. Even mark of chaos that Aedale gets if she consumes the shard or that Scarlet has is stronger. Lower damage but way lower cooldown. And it is not so well balanced. Until I got those Pride of Humanity ships every attack that came was undead+both orcs+both demon slaves + both demons and my defense was effectively wiped out. With this bigger damage it would balance out a bit that sore lack of burst healing. Plus it would make it way harder on us when we finally face him in battle :D :D
Given the hit points of those black and white knights it would not be enough to instant kill them with full hp but would put a dent into large clustered force. Which right now just chops you right up.

Level 9
Executors are efficient tanks in my opinion
They saved my behind many times plus stacking towers at the base entrance makes short work of any attack.
Four priests were more than enough to heal my wounded units and 6-7 archers for extra damage

Level 10
Executors are efficient tanks in my opinion
They saved my behind many times plus stacking towers at the base entrance makes short work of any attack.
Four priests were more than enough to heal my wounded units and 6-7 archers for extra damage

Really? Cause those 20 knights chop me up too fast. I have used houses to create a choke point that I blocked with 6 executors but still had to recruit new defense after every set of 8 attack waves + rebuild half the towers. Only after those air forces came with 4 free destructors I was able to hold the line and attack.

Renald van Durce mentions in intro to the chapter that he regrets not having templars. Is it because we killed them and their leader Imperator?

Level 9
I only needed the destructors to obliterate the bases.
My defence failed.only once, waves came after one other from all bases but I had a small line.of defense at the main.entrance plus the number of unit production buildings I had built.helped.
Also I had a vault near the entrance to equip.my hero with healing items and.other necessities

Level 10
I only needed the destructors to obliterate the bases.
My defence failed.only once, waves came after one other from all bases but I had a small line.of defense at the main.entrance plus the number of unit production buildings I had built.helped.
Also I had a vault near the entrance to equip.my hero with healing items and.other necessities

I have noticed that the enemy units tend to ignore my melee units and go straight for towers and workers repairing them so I used farms to build a maze in which they got killed. Tower defense in its most basic.

Level 9
For extra evilness, make them buildable by a unique unit that can't be trained in any building you just have the ones you start with

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I could actually have ALL buildings require food on Kasrkin Mode.
Hmmmmmm, I could make it work just need to use chokepoints or make em.

Renald van Durce mentions in intro to the chapter that he regrets not having templars. Is it because we killed them and their leader Imperator?
They're just not with him right now, guarding the canon and such.

Last edited:
Level 10
Hashtag makevanDurcegreatagain :D :D
Consider it this way Shar, more powerful van Durce´s ulti will make him harder to kill when we get to him :D :D

Level 20
@Ashley
You can utilize healing scrolls from arcan vault.

Regarding Van douche he is a really strong hero tbh,Him and Val are actually the strongest of human heros (in game not lore) but his ultimate its rather lacking,if you wanna keep it on the current dmg at least lower its CD or make it that both direct and nova dmg are the same to at least justify its CD cuz right now its a shittier version of Lich frost nova if you ask me.

Level 10
@Ashley
You can utilize healing scrolls from arcan vault.

Regarding Van douche he is a really strong hero tbh,Him and Val are actually the strongest of human heros (in game not lore) but his ultimate its rather lacking,if you wanna keep it on the current dmg at least lower its CD or make it that both direct and nova dmg are the same to at least justify its CD cuz right now its a shittier version of Lich frost nova if you ask me.

Val is Gardon´s fiancee right? She do is strong. Perfect match for Gardy.

Anyway, Shar, what is that Stargazer thing in chapter 9? Will it be available to us in the future? And pegasi! They are everywhere but we never get to train them ourselves.

Last edited:
Level 9
I finally finished the chapter WITHOUT destructors
It took me 6 hours, I got a headache from playing it lol.
Anyway, the dark elves finally appeared and they gave me trouble but not much, attacking their base was a nuisance.
The orcs were easy to deal with, I used Kasrkin tactic to destroy the demon gates but the demon slaves build fast because of their production buildings, I have no idea how I did it but I finished it.
The best is yet to come.

Level 10
I finally finished the chapter WITHOUT destructors
It took me 6 hours, I got a headache from playing it lol.
Anyway, the dark elves finally appeared and they gave me trouble but not much, attacking their base was a nuisance.
The orcs were easy to deal with, I used Kasrkin tactic to destroy the demon gates but the demon slaves build fast because of their production buildings, I have no idea how I did it but I finished it.
The best is yet to come.

Is the hate strong with you? :D Cause there are 4 more chapters coming :D

Level 22
Aid to who? Us or van Douche? Or will we play the rest as van Douche with the ultimate goal of killing Gardon? :D :D
This chapter is supposed to bring the aid, not hate. :D
It would be cool if we play half or the mission with van Douche and the other half of it with Gardon. And you know maybe van Durce can find out he was an idiot and help Gardon, i mean Gardon would accept gladly.:D

Last edited:
Level 22
What happened? They were like in bromance now they are in impalance (tryin to impale one anothers head).
I think the entire reason is because you know he mentioned his father and that is something unforgivable. You never do that to Gardon. And you he sent him to his death and acted like a Douche... but that's a small reason for Gardon's disdain for him.

Level 9
What I noticed in most chapters in the second book is we are forced on a defense stance for the first half of the chapter then we can begin the offensive on our enemies. And that was in the early "Easy" chapters.
The remaining ones, we will have a challenge way over our heads.
I'm interested in knowing more about Thanok.

Level 10
What I noticed in most chapters in the second book is we are forced on a defense stance for the first half of the chapter then we can begin the offensive on our enemies. And that was in the early "Easy" chapters.
The remaining ones, we will have a challenge way over our heads.
I'm interested in knowing more about Thanok.

What about that conquer the pass chapter? Or the free Gardon chapter? Or the first and 2nd chapter? :D :D