• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Starting today, I'll be having my break from school. That means I can finally work on the tech-tree, the basic terrain, supervise the modeling team, and finish the chapter scripts. Images of our work will be coming in a week and the descriptions will be updated later.

Level 9
Umm, Hey guys... I was wondering, since you guys don't seem to like the peacekeeper model that model, might I suggest an Edited Eredar Warlock model that has the Proudmoore model's attack animation and a sword. Also, if we're sticking with the Rylack Idea instead of the Chimaera one, might I suggest a more Wolf-ish head instead of the traditional NE Chimaera heads.

Plus, Boss, could you post the tech tree for the frostwolf clan on the first post. :p

For the Peacekeeper would this model do you?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Crusader.jpg
    Crusader.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 490
Level 10
those rylak are Frostwolf clan's beast
you can give draenei a flying spirit for the flying unit

I think you have that very very wrong..

Rylaks are wild beast found across Draenor, they are not only associated with any ONE clan..

Also, to cancel any further misconception, what is with the flying spirit thing? everyone keeps suggesting flying spirit as a flying unit.. WHAT FLYING SPIRIT?
In the lore, there is no presence of a "Flying Spirit" in the Draenor or in Draenei culture..

Level 7
I think you have that very very wrong..

Rylaks are wild beast found across Draenor, they are not only associated with any ONE clan..

Also, to cancel any further misconception, what is with the flying spirit thing? everyone keeps suggesting flying spirit as a flying unit.. WHAT FLYING SPIRIT?
In the lore, there is no presence of a "Flying Spirit" in the Draenor or in Draenei culture..

sorry for my mistake... :ogre_haosis:

flying spirit... i think it will be like draenei ancestors who killed when the orcs massacre them

Level 9
Why not something a bit techy-flying unit like some sort of gyrocopter? :p

P.S. Okay before anyone says that ain't lorewise, remember the part where in "we flew on a ship made out of metal that can travel through worlds" quote by Restalaan

Level 10
Why not something a bit techy-flying unit like some sort of gyrocopter? :p

P.S. Okay before anyone says that ain't lorewise, remember the part where in "we flew on a ship made out of metal that can travel through worlds" quote by Restalaan

Well, you're kind of right, but then a bit wrong, the dimensional ships are used by the Draenei. But here's a quote of Metzen explaining why they're not the kind of aerial unit you're thinking them to be..

- To be clear, we're not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether. The draenei 'nether-ship' you've been hearing about is far more than it seems. It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities. It doesn’t bank and roll or shoot proton torpedoes. - Chris Metzen

So, to summarize, the ships you are talking about, are either huge cities , which have defense systems, and the ability to teleport through the nether or parts of the cities, which have the same things, so it wont be possible to integrate a city/part of a city as a flying unit..

What CAN be integrated from this idea, is Draenei space-pods, which are extremely smaller versions of the dimensional ships. I'm not sure however, how they will work out.

Here is one Idea I completely blew over though, Moths/Wasps. Draenor has many insectoid life, including Moths and Wasps, And there has been a few circumstances, where Moths are used by the Draenei.. So..

Level 12
Here is one Idea I completely blew over though, Moths/Wasps. Draenor has many insectoid life, including Moths and Wasps, And there has been a few circumstances, where Moths are used by the Draenei.. So..

Actually those botanic life that live on Draenor attack anyone who they come across with xD they're basically walking Venus flytraps. Plus I was thinking on adding them to the Arakkoa xD

Level 9
Well, you're kind of right, but then a bit wrong, the dimensional ships are used by the Draenei. But here's a quote of Metzen explaining why they're not the kind of aerial unit you're thinking them to be..

- To be clear, we're not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether. The draenei 'nether-ship' you've been hearing about is far more than it seems. It's part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities. It doesn’t bank and roll or shoot proton torpedoes. - Chris Metzen

So, to summarize, the ships you are talking about, are either huge cities , which have defense systems, and the ability to teleport through the nether or parts of the cities, which have the same things, so it wont be possible to integrate a city/part of a city as a flying unit..

What CAN be integrated from this idea, is Draenei space-pods, which are extremely smaller versions of the dimensional ships. I'm not sure however, how they will work out.

Sorry I wasn't referring to the Satellite they took from the blood elves in outland, but the Naaru used to save the uncorrupted eredar back on Argus

Level 10
Sorry I wasn't referring to the Satellite they took from the blood elves in outland, but the Naaru used to save the uncorrupted eredar back on Argus

:I Tempest Keep IS the ship the Naaru used..
You've got it mixed up. The blood elves took Tempest Keep after the Third War, when they went with Illidan, and the Naaru used Tempest Keep to save the Eredar a long time before the First War..

So, year -10
Naaru take Eredar to Draenor in the Tempest Keep

and year 30
Kael takes over a dormant Tempest Keep with his Blood elven allies..

Actually those botanic life that live on Draenor attack anyone who they come across with xD they're basically walking Venus flytraps. Plus I was thinking on adding them to the Arakkoa xD

Add Kaliri to Arrakoa, it's where they belong, and add Moths to Draenei.. Or keep the Rylaks..

Level 9
:I Tempest Keep IS the ship the Naaru used..
You've got it mixed up. The blood elves took Tempest Keep after the Third War, when they went with Illidan, and the Naaru used Tempest Keep to save the Eredar a long time before the First War..

So, year -10
Naaru take Eredar to Draenor in the Tempest Keep

and year 30
Kael takes over a dormant Tempest Keep with his Blood elven allies..

Add Kaliri to Arrakoa, it's where they belong, and add Moths to Draenei.. Or keep the Rylaks..

Oh alright then XD, thanks for clarifying that little mistake :p

Level 12

I was thinking of some sort of captured Kaliri unit for the Horde. I was planning to ask Hayate to add some chains to it :p While retaining their original thing with the Arakkoa.

Yeahhh we're keeping the Rylaks :p Dont wanna re-think about the Draenei tech-tree to much right now since I might lose track of the Frostwolves

Level 12
Yep xD hope you update that epic Durotan of yours :p sorry we're not using it man because the animations don't quite fit WC3. Everyone's running while Durotan's walking xD

EDIT:

So, I've recently started working on the loading screens. Im trying to make them look like the original ones like in Warcraft 3. Im adding a top and bottom border, then with a smudgy background. For the right side, of course there should be an icon and the description of each map. Then Im gonna add an illustration to the left side that depicts what the map will be like. Here are some eye catching previews. Please comment your suggestions.

Alpha Loading Screens

Loading Screen Previews

Preview
199714-albums7544-picture90993.png

199714-albums7544-picture90992.png

199714-albums7544-picture90994.png

Last edited:
Level 7
Yep xD hope you update that epic Durotan of yours :p sorry we're not using it man because the animations don't quite fit WC3. Everyone's running while Durotan's walking xD

EDIT:

So, I've recently started working on the loading screens. Im trying to make them look like the original ones like in Warcraft 3. Im adding a top and bottom border, then with a smudgy background. For the right side, of course there should be an icon and the description of each map. Then Im gonna add an illustration to the left side that depicts what the map will be like. Here are some eye catching previews. Please comment your suggestions.

Alpha Loading Screens

Loading Screen Previews

Preview
199714-albums7544-picture90993.png

199714-albums7544-picture90992.png

199714-albums7544-picture90994.png

That's good... *clap*

Level 28
Frostwolf's Loading Screen is just awesome <3 <3 <3! Good job! You'll make them as HD loading screen? I hope so since it is a Campaign and Filesize isn't really a problem oh and I hope you will not mind releasing them(the version with no preview and description) for those who might like to use them as wallpaper when let us say after releasing the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.