• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modelling Contest #2 - Spacecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
OH my 1 more day,swear god, ya have to work extremely double time,no triple,i mean skip school or something,just finish it or else nyan ship wins first

ok, so the contest ends 28 July 23:59 PM GMT?

me and my partner (4eNNightmare) will try very hard to finish our entry till then.

it's a zerg-like giant planet-infestator wasp that carries a big sack of larvas

EDIT: sorry pyritie if apparently our idea is too similar to yours, I started doing it quite a long time ago, just for you to know that we didn't rip it off from you and this is just a quite sad coincidence, but there's no actual big deal, they are anatomically different :p

Attachments

• CONTEST 2 SS 2.PNG
    CONTEST 2 SS 2.PNG
    34.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Shaman and Bob aka Team Anal Probe

presents
THE PENETRATOR
ScreenHunter_05Jul272102.jpg
A powerful support cruiser aptly named for its ability to penetrate the defenses of virtually any instillation. With the ability to warp in and out of space-time, it can literally enter a battle (or a modeling contest) out of nowhere, catching the enemy completely by surprise.

I highly recommend testing this ingame, or at least in magos so you can appreciate the magical warp and death animations.

Bob: Mesh, Wrap
Shaman: Texture, Animations, Particles

ScreenHunter_10Jul272130.jpg

ScreenHunter_13Jul272130.jpg

ScreenHunter_07Jul272129.jpg

ScreenHunter_06Jul272129.jpg

ScreenHunter_14Jul272203.jpg

ingame2.jpg

ingame1.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Jul041900.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_070411_202319_01.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Jul171127.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Jul181949.jpg

ScreenHunter_03Jul201846.jpg

TextureWIP1.jpg

TextureWIP2.jpg

TextureWIP3.jpg

Attachments

• Penetrator.mdx
    127.4 KB · Views: 129
  • PenetratorTexture.blp
    301.3 KB · Views: 138
Level 14
Personally, I think our first version was better. The rainbows and flowers really brought it to life in a crisp and realistic way!

what,but the theme was spacecraft,btw if you name it nyan ship, then its related to space..

Level 49
@shaman and Bob - It looks AWESOME, but you should seriously make it hover up and down(With a slight tilt, like the Diamondback in SC2) or something in the stand\walk\attack animations. It looks too stiff at the moment.
Though, the warp\death animations are SERIOUSLY epic, and the particles are amazing! Good job on that. :)

Level 31
@shaman and Bob - It looks AWESOME, but you should seriously make it hover up and down(With a slight tilt, like the Diamondback in SC2) or something in the stand\walk\attack animations. It looks too stiff at the moment.
Though, the warp\death animations are SERIOUSLY epic, and the particles are amazing! Good job on that. :)

Right, because in space, frigates totally randomly sway.

Because in space, you are "hovering."

Totally. :3

Right, because in space, frigates totally randomly sway.

Because in space, you are "hovering."

Totally. :3
In space, explosions also aren't as nearly as exciting and everything is silent. Does that mean space models should have no explosions or death sounds? No, because that would be boring as fuck and wouldn't really fit in.

Level 26

I agree, make it rattle up and down uncontrollably like it's trying to shake itself apart.... hell, just give it the steamtank stand animation so itll mr.bob up and down real nice... hrmm while you're at it, just give it the steamtank death animation too, it would fit better ingame that way, the death anim now is all like "lol drama queen asplosion" lololo!!!!1!111! i gief it 2/5 for cansept because i dont like it without no rainbows cloorfullness. and 3/5 for mr.bob but 1/5 for shaman and 2.3/6 for the mesh with a 12/49 for animationses. great job everyone, keep up teh good work. i hope i can enter this contest soon too. i have my entry done in a week

so yeah here's The_Silent and me's entry

ZERG FLYING LEECHY THINGY

click for animations

ran out of time so I couldn't do all of the fancy animations I wanted, plus it turns out you can't do bone scaling in WC3 very well, so I couldn't do a sort of "gulping" animation. Dang

anyway it has particles and stuff, just open it in magos or ingame or something

there's also a 256x256 texture if you want that instead, just remove the "256" from the filename

Attachments

• zerg ship.mdx
    204.6 KB · Views: 104
  • zerg transport ship.blp
    340.7 KB · Views: 110
  • zerg transport ship 256.blp
    128.4 KB · Views: 906
  • ingame.png
    ingame.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 448
  • zerg transport ship.w3m
    460.8 KB · Views: 66
ZERG FLYING LEECHY THINGY

awesome!
the animations remind me of some pokemon way of motion (they're nice nevertheless)

I hope we can finish ours in time, I'm done with the mesh and the wrap, 4eNN's almost done with the texture, I just need to give it 2 more anims... id better stop posting and hurry :p

edit: WE'RE ALMOST DONE PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE BIT, THANK YOU

Last edited:
Our Entry

4eNNightmare and HappyCockroach presents:
Demiliphera

attachment.php

A colossal zerg spawn that transports a sack of eggs of zergish species. The proposal of the unit is a mechanism of planet colonizing/installation that the zerg alien faction could count on. Its monstrous shape is product of sucessive mutations and biological engineering. The giant and repulsive abdominal mass is supposed to carry resources for travelling far in the emptiness of space.
Roles:

• 4eNNightmare: Concept and Texture
  • HappyCockroach: Concept, Mesh, Wrap and Animations

Fitting Icon
attachment.php
attachment.php

View attachment BTNDemiliphera.blpView attachment DISBTNDemiliphera.blp
Fitting icons if you want to use the model.

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php

Textures

attachment.php
attachment.php

Technical note: the model was re-uploaded with compressed textures, the others were too heavy. The edit on the post is due to this, a visibility bug and the description that's been added/improved.

Attachments

• DemilipheraBanner.png
    DemilipheraBanner.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,071
  • InGame.jpg
    InGame.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • texture.jpg
    texture.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,005
  • texture2.jpg
    texture2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • BTN.JPG
    BTN.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • DISBTN.JPG
    DISBTN.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,569
  • DemilipheraScreenshot1.png
    DemilipheraScreenshot1.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Demiliphera.MDX
    120 KB · Views: 155
  • Demiliphera1.blp
    179.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Demiliphera2.blp
    134.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Sorry dude, you're correct in that sense...

Spacecraft as it is... and the deadline has come at last... :)
:ogre_icwydt:

silliness apart, we decided to take the theme more openly. The zergs don't use mechanical vessels to travel around the space. I don't think me and 4eNN are out of our minds making something organic, even because Pyritie/The_Silent did the same, so 4 of the 10 participants worked on organic stuff, zerg, space units.

Status
Not open for further replies.