• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #2 - Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Okay. Thanks for telling me what to do. Now I've encountered another problem. The Private Message doesn't have an option for attaching a file. So how do I send my map?

Level 31
I notice a few map which have been submit contain more than 1 playable slot.

Unless you have the intention to make the cinematic a multiplayer cinematic (Multiplayer cinematic should not exceed 4mb), please remove those additional playable slot which serve no purpose at all because I consider it as a bug which violate the rules.

Notice : Extension have been provided, 3-4 more submission and I would open the poll.

Last edited:
Level 11
I don't think we will be getting anymore submissions 0_0 Seeing as that this thread was dead for week. And the only "real" amount of rep is first place. I mean come on 3rd place? Who really cares about 5 rep? So I think everybody will be eager to see if they won 1st place. I thought Avator was going to finish by now, but I think he forgot/left his project.

Level 18
Nope, I'm still working on it. This guy has caused he some annoying issue along the way, which is why it's taking so long. Last few days I couldn't work on it at all since I was barely home then (new year stuff and some family things). If it's bothering people this contest is taking too long, then just start the polls without me.

Level 12
It seems like some higher force just doesn't want you to finish that cinematic. I'm sick, too, and feeling quite rotten about it myself cause it happened over the weekend, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get off of schoolwork. At any rate, I'm still rootin' for you to finish, mostly because I think your cinematic looks like a very good idea.

Level 28
If I do everything in one trigger I have to watch everything when testing. That allows me to find plenty of bugs, and it also reminds me to fix the bug I saw last time I tested it but fortgot to fix. XD

I have always made single-triggered cinematics. The first time I uploaded one to the hive, at least half of the comments told me how amazing that was... It's really just a matter of timing, nothing amazing about it at all.

Level 18
Well if you divide it in scenes and test a scene when you think it's finished, you can see the bugs in there. Once you think you got rid of all bugs, you test again and if it's bug-free, you continue on the next scene and skip the ones you finished and marked bug-free :thumbs_up:

Level 18
I've already decided not to make the battle scene last until the end of the track. I extended it as far as I could in a decent way and I still needed about 1 minute of battle material more... So that plan is off the track. Right now I'm trying to finish the Battle scene with the finishing blow, but I encountered a weird problem there. The killed unit (only playing the death animation) is placed at the position the killing unit should be and vica versa. If you want, I can send you the map for as far as it's done. I think the finishing blow part shouldn't cause any more problems but the current one. After that, all I have left is the chopper scene (a.k.a. the ending scene).

Possible/probably problems to encounter at the ending scene:
  • Chopper flying height
  • Alain flying height (when 'walking over buildings')
  • Camera distance (when coming too close to a building or unit, it can suddenly disappear and make the unit float)

I've Already made the Credits 'scene' (and hurray, it matches the track perfectly! :thumbs_up:)

Level 34
So, uh, this is supposed to be done...
What's going down with the contest? Are we waiting for submissions?

Who are the judges?

Level 28
I think I know who's going to be the winner. I'm the only person who has seen all cinematics, so I know where I stand :thumbs_up:

It appears that you don't think you'll win. But I think differently.
The work you have put down will show in the cinematic and that could cause a pretty lot of members to vote for you. As far as I'm concerned you are the greatest competition we have.

Level 18
You overestimate me. I think I've spend more time trying to fix stupid problems I've had while making it then I've spend on making the actual cinematic. But we'll see at the polls. Let us hope no more highly annoying problems occur, because I already don't feel like making another cinematic ever again after this one.

Level 18
You overestimate me. I think I've spend more time trying to fix stupid problems I've had while making it then I've spend on making the actual cinematic. But we'll see at the polls. Let us hope no more highly annoying problems occur, because I already don't feel like making another cinematic ever again after this one.

Thats a shame. (Not making cinematics) Hey did I get you right? You are done? Or are you not?

Level 18
Downloaded I'l edit this post later with a comment.

EDIT:

Comment:

Taking in consdideration its WIP it is not bad. However unfortunatly there is a lot of work to be done, I won't comment any positive sides and will try to give you tips to improve, probably you already know you need to improve some things, but here is a list anyway:

- I can see the snow part from the towns building scene
- Static camera
- To much empty terrain
- People going through each another all the time :/
- Not so decent terrain in overall
- Big size
- The camera shakes in the credits making the floating text shake

I will in the end give positive sides afterall:

- Fine voice acting
- Kinda cool battle scene
- Nice models
- Cool story
- Music

You had a lot of time so no point in telling you the map is good just finish it :/ You still have to improve some things, so take some time. I hope you do manage to fix/improve it and that in the end it will be good as all the other submissions. So good luck once again in finishing it. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.