• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
While you girls were messing arround, me and my partner have worked A LOT on our map :D
We are team 8, mapname: City Of Drugs

Here are some screenshots:

CityOfDrugs.jpg

PoliceStation.jpg

Minimap.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Ratherion and me have come up with a name for our map, its called "The Tides of Flame".
All we can say for now is that its a Single player map...

Level 5
Ok Bob mate can you update the forum my partner is called The-SPoon, Also Game Name changed its now Tides Of Elements.

We are currently 2 % done lol we have got some models thats why... when we get 5% ill start posting pics.

Gl All Contestants

Last edited:
Level 2
I will say that Beer Beer will be alittle fun from my point of view .. , Enders Game:Battle Arena will be cool, and my map along with my friend GivenMight is gonna be a really long-spooky night map DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS ****Spoiler**** - The map size is Huge (lol) , has some really tough traps and stuff and you get stuck in the Mansion because the door gets locked ... but if Morning comes ....... YOU DIE ..Of course you must explore the mansion and grab the Entrance Key and get out of there!!..... :eekani:

T_T Sorry, not on the forum's that often. Playing WC3 and SC.

Sounds like a bit out of Blizzard's Halloween Contest, no? It seems familiar..Like Heckler's Haunted House. Sounds hard, but fun. Tough traps. ..I don't know what that means. Either there are a lot of traps on your trail, a lot of traps ahead of you, or just a lot of traps.

Entrance Key? So... That means.. You go in the entrance with the key (I guess) and then it locks you. =\

Oh, and all mapmakers; PM me for some idea's. Ive got good ideas.

Spike Traps, Explosive Traps, Burrow Traps, Quicksand Traps, Monster Traps and Rock Traps, along with some more "Traps".

Spike Traps obviously impale you. Explosive Traps blow up, Burrow Traps teleport you somewhere else (maybe like in a lair), Quicksand Traps grab your character and do a lot of damage, Monster Traps spawn a bunch of enemy's, and Rock Traps instantly kill your character.

I'm happy to help with anything. :infl_thumbs_up:

Oh, and Beer Beer will be total fun. Trust me. Fight, fight fight with custom spells to be ultimately crushed by a beer bottle? Cmon, tell me thats not fun..

EDIT: Oh shwoop! I forgot. ITS A CUSTOM MELEE GAME. T.T

Level 10
Hmm, even after free reputation was given away, no1 has posted any screenshots...
And i was so excited to check out the competition. And why is everyone so enthousiast about beer-beer ?
But if no1 want to share pictures than i will ;)
Every custom model in my map came from this site (is there an other place to get models?)

swat3.jpg

Chopper.jpg

Level 4
Because we have lots of it! :grin:

You can say that again!

By the way, I'm still looking for a partner (but am rather shy), so if you are thinking of joining but do not consider yourself good enough to win anything, join anyway, I'll be your partner (I'm not that interested in actually winning, just particapating.)

Working out the bugs in my map,little annoyances,ways to work without the cheat words...but it'll be a challenge without them the way it is now.
I always enjoy the peace-war transition types.
Your stuck in the beginning of a war between three villages,a meteor has struck the middle of your quiet forest and the two other villages are vying for more land to control this menace.
Buy and research in two buildings,careful in the dungeons,i've added special fog,look out for hidden monsters and the two vendors when you defeat a dungeon master.
Soon i'll have the Transition triggers up,
Living army-Undead Army-Demon Army.
Sacrificing overall points in the end for this power,you gain the strength to overcome the other players.
I'll post a single player pic soon!

Level 21
Here's two pictures of the terrain of our map
The 1st picture is of the glacier and the 2nd is of the cave in our map
These are still WIPS and the cave doesn't have the goody goody stuff in it yet
And in-game you can't see a sky so.... there's no sky in the cave! You see nothing!

Attachments

• SizeMattersTerrainSS1.jpg
    SizeMattersTerrainSS1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 133
  • SizeMattersTerrainSS2.jpg
    SizeMattersTerrainSS2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 105
Level 6
EDIT: Oh shwoop! I forgot. ITS A CUSTOM MELEE GAME. T.T

There's good news :D we just discussed it, and we won't make it a custom melee project. It will be fighting in a way like BAMBAMBAM in a high-paced gameplay where you control only one hero and alcohol is your primary source of using abilities. And of course you will be crushed by beer!

Level 3
Isn't it great how we can bring up a new, creative and even better idea (with more beer)? And all that like it would be nothing to us(!) Moreover we also plan to feature not only one, but many many more big old "ERM?!"s.

Stay tuned for further sensational revealings!

i already am ignoring him,he creeps me out.

Almost ready for that ingame pic,just doing some finishing touchs.

Very last details and tweaks coming up!Submitting in a few!
Heres a tip,DL.
Go bite yourself before you get on my nerves.

[edit by Wolve]

Indeed: it's always best to edit existing posts rather than posting multiple times in a row.

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]!ntroduce yourself to The Hive †-Revellion-†![/self]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
ok salamander, golden tiger and i are looking for partners, right now i'm actually trying to see if i can drag one of my friends into this. if not i'll pm one of you two. or you both can join with each other. Either way it'll all be good. btw bob maybe you should also have a list of people who are in need of partners that way its easier for us to find someone who is looking too. ;-)

Heres a tip,DL.
Go bite yourself before you get on my nerves.
I am sorry I didnt mean to be mean or hostile towards you, but triple posting can get you -rep and everyone-- Not just me -- mad at you....So I was just trying to give some freindly advise.

Ontopic now....

My partner hasnt logged on, So we havnt Dicided a name AND all the work so far has been done by me.

Basically, its out own custom races that has computer AI. Heres some pics of it so far. (They are just WIPs) ANd as you can see, I need more models, the lumber mill still has the human model file, so please vist here and try and fish me up some, if you can.

Attachments

• MeleeSides1.jpg
    MeleeSides1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 116
  • MeleeSides2.jpg
    MeleeSides2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 113
  • MeleeSides3.jpg
    MeleeSides3.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 121
  • MeleeSides4.jpg
    MeleeSides4.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 142
  • MeleeSides5.jpg
    MeleeSides5.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 167
  • MeleeSides6.jpg
    MeleeSides6.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 142
  • MeleeSides7.jpg
    MeleeSides7.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 150
  • MeleeSides8.jpg
    MeleeSides8.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 119
Lol, i dont think you can use an existing map for your project. Hereto, its clear by the screenshots that you used Lost Temple for your map.
Lost Temple = A map created long before 11 july 2007

No.

I only used the terrian from it for testing.

The finished map will NOT use that terrian, and all the units were made by me and were not made befor the contest.

PS: I used the terrian becaus thats the only way computers AI would work.

Level 2
There's good news :D we just discussed it, and we won't make it a custom melee project. It will be fighting in a way like BAMBAMBAM in a high-paced gameplay where you control only one hero and alcohol is your primary source of using abilities. And of course you will be crushed by beer!

Did you change your idea to my idea? o_O

Heres some ideas if you need them. Beer will be spawning around the arena and in the arena and stuff, and they will all contain different abilities. Your only primary ability is to throw the beer you have in your first slot.

The beer is like a rune. You grab it, and it gives you an ability. Lets say; Purple Beer. What would that give you? A beer type ability. How about something like that?

In high-paced game play, this is how it goes.

1. It is a small arena, and there is desperation to get kills.
2. Killed in one hit or so.
3. No vision at all.
4. BEER!!!

Add Panda, DH, BM, Warden, Snowman, Pitlord.

Or just some custom models... (Btw; DH is Demon Hunter and BM is Blademaster.)

Level 8
Well I don't feel like posting terrain to make it look like i'm getting progress, you will see screenies of ours when there is major development done.

Level 8
Yea, I see you, so when we get something finalized [like base or battle, maybe spells] I think that would be a good time for some screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.