• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #4 - Comedy [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i failed :[

Does this sound shit enough to be lolzy? Or Just wtf shit?

You can't be sane if you reach the end >->

:goblin_boom:The 2nd one is more fked up :L if thats even possible:goblin_boom:

Attachments

• wtf.rar
    6.2 MB · Views: 55
  • wtf2.rar
    6.2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 17
He did say ridicolous is some time comedic. So i thought it would be nice to go to the extreme ^^

Yup strange ^^

Last edited:
Level 17
It wasn't mena be funny. It was mena make ur ears hurt. I feel dissapoint now T_T

Also since i have no idea. By funny what do you mean.

A piece which gets under your skin?

A random collage of stuff to cause lols.

The random things like Saxoman?

A single piece with random interuptions with random stuff

Complete mayhem

Fucked music

Obtuse Scenes. I.E An ochestra trying to play a piece. With one instrument keeps on failing. Then the Conductor raging and going back to begging before going WTF BOOM. And racing of into full speed FFF music of emotion.

I don't understand do you want one of the above?

Or something else for funny?

Level 35
Of course, comedy is absolutely subjective but just any piece that makes you laugh.
Like you listed, the song could probably be random collage as long as you have the copyrights. Sax man is a song that induces humor, at least to some people. Random interruptions with random stuff COULD make people laugh. In the end, it's down to the judges and voters who decide what is and what isn't funny so try to write something that appeals to a large variety of people. For example, Lonely Island consistently comes up with material that makes tons of people laugh.

*Note: My remarks are simply my own opinions. Other judgers and voters might consider your pieces absolutely funny. It just depends on people.

Brambleclaw, that was, awful.

The "melody" was completely . . . bad. There was no flow, no pulse to the music at all. The stop/start action you have is, to say the least, not good. You only ever used a single sound at a time, and that sound was god awful.

Just try a new idea, I don't think trying to continue that one will pan out well.

Level 11
Brambleclaw, the first like, 40 seconds were awesome. When it came to the harmonica sounding instrument, I'd suggest to have it more... in tune, with the other instruments. From a personal preference, I don't like it when instruments disrupt the rhythm like the harmonicas did, but I dunno.

Level 17
The haromnica was apparantly meant to be an alto sax o_O. Yup sounds nothing like it though. Okay thanks i will get rid of the out of tune bit. Just no idea how to make it comedic ._. i'm kinda not understanding the idea.

Never mind i thought of something. ANGRY SCOTSMAN !!! (Nvm i cant do a ANGRY SCOTTSMAN voice T_T

Last edited:
I found another program that could be used to create digital music, and this one is more geared towards musicians.

[self=http://musescore.org/]Muse Score[/self] can be used to write out sheet music for a TON of instruments, but the playback feature actually allows you to /hear/ the entire ensemble playing it. I've been looking for a program like this for a while. It's kindof confusing though, so you'll need to teach yourself (how to dougie).

Level 17
Yeh muse score is a really neat piece of software. really easy to input stuff. But it fails so hard on the VST sound part. T_T which makes it sound not so realistic. Like most scores.

I think its just a Free and Improved Version of Sibelius.

Love how its so much easier just to hit drop down and find your symbol then drag then the usual. "Add Symbol massive search completly unindexed" which you get with sibelius and other score software. This one actually has it indexed.

It is especially nice for those who need a way to write out music in a neat format.

Ooh it also has a tempo change to swing =D

Btw i never knew. Is it actually possible to import VST into Muscore because i tried, but had no clue how :L

Level 17
Here is my Final piece.

No logic at home only at school. T_T so can't edit it anymore

So this is my final(rushed shitty version)

=D
Hope you hate it

Side note. I do not own any of the vocals(The Evil laugh etc).

Attachments

• Brambleclaw Comedy --.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 17
Yup my homour is screwed T_T

Should i be questioning my sanity right now?

Either way i guess i kinda failed then at meeting the Genre :L

Edit: I'm starting to understand the Schizo in it now.

Last edited:
Level 17
Guys is this Contest closed? Coz i'd like to enjoy.

Guys check this out -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZF903QY <-

Made it in less than 15 minutes.

Perky. nice

"Sounds good to me man"

Wha wha Subliminal messaging. :L

Really nice piece> But because my Humour is fucked i didn't find it funny :L. No doubt other might do though.

I did find it lolzy as in random with the words though =D. And it sounds appealing

Please just attach the file as an mp3. I don't trust sites as MegaUpload, you never know what you're getting >_>

Brambleclaw, the piece had some nice elements, I particularly liked the range of varied instrumental noises you used, there were obvious changes in style and tempo and feel. The part with the brass, was quite enjoyable to listen to. However, the samples were random and irrelevant, you never had more than one instrumental noise speaking at once (which isn't a bad thing, but it would've been nice to hear), and you need to try to stay a little more on genre.

Level 19
It wasn't mena be funny. It was mena make ur ears hurt. I feel dissapoint now T_T

Also since i have no idea. By funny what do you mean.

A piece which gets under your skin?

A random collage of stuff to cause lols.

The random things like Saxoman?

A single piece with random interuptions with random stuff

Complete mayhem

Fucked music

Obtuse Scenes. I.E An ochestra trying to play a piece. With one instrument keeps on failing. Then the Conductor raging and going back to begging before going WTF BOOM. And racing of into full speed FFF music of emotion.

I don't understand do you want one of the above?

Or something else for funny?

I'm guessing it's open ended for your own interpretation, but as long as the sense of humor can be 'heard', I guess that'll count.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The idea of this contest is to create humor through music without the use or help of word sounds.

Baccio the song does not fit the actual theme unless we consider every genre funny or humorfull. We can't have that can we now ?

Level 17
Here you go jazz ^^

It his song which he uploaded onto The Megaupload thing.

@SKCUSANERAG just use youtube to uplaod your pieces/ Easy and hassle free. And more ways to get feedback ^^

Attachments

• Dj baccio-World's War fix2 (warcraft 3).mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
Skcusanerag, this is easily the best thing we've had submitted. The problem is that it doesnt follow the theme >_>

The beat was solid, and I could definitely feel the pulse throughout the entirety of the piece. The synths in the background changes octaves multiple times and it was a nice effect. HOWEVER, the wc3 vocals didn't quite fit, it threw the whole piece off.

I would suggest adding more musical voices to the piece, and another rhythym change. The "B" section is a nice variation, but I'd suggest adding a new voice over the top of it, if you get what I mean. Don't go crazy, just add a new melody line, because as it is all you're doing is changing the beat in the drums (or in the first "B" just completely dropping it) and dropping the main synth and going to the background synth.

Status
Not open for further replies.