• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Master of Puppets v0.40

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reach the goal first to win!
You can choose between Kill-Mode (The player who first reaches the set amount of kills win) and Life-Mode (If you lose all your lifes you're defeated).

Unfornunatly, you have no attack and no spells which cause damage.
So, you have to use your skills to push the enemies into the flames, which are all around the arena.

For this, you have especially the "Master of Puppets"-Spell. If you hit an enemy with this spell, this enemy will copy all your movements for a short while. So if you move left, he will move left, etc. With this, you have to lead him into the flames!

The other spells are supportive, there is Teleport, Firebolt (which stuns), Magic Shield (protects you from spells) and Invisibility. You can still cast spells when another player is controlling you, but keep in mind that teleporting away won't work!

For killing enemies, you gain EXP to level up your skills.

The map is a small project of mine, and it is basically finished.
Now the most important thing is balance, expecially in a Full House game. For this I release the map here, so please, please, give me feedback, especially on the balance of the skills etc.

There is no need to tell me that the terrain is bad, I do know this, but I don't have any terraining-skills, and I don't think that terrain is important for this map.

Check out two screenshots of the map:
Map-Overview: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4162/mopoverview.jpg
Ingame-Shot: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5364/mopscreen1.jpg

Please keep in mind that this map is still in Beta-Phase. So don't complain about a lack of balance.
The only thing I'm planning on adding, except of balance, are a few items, which replenish mana, increase the speed for a short time or teleport you over the map (for example).

Attention: This map is protected. If you want to take a look at the trigger etc., write an PM, then I will send you the unprotected version.

Changelog:
v0.40
-Improved tooltips
-Changed "Magic Shield"-Hotkey from s to t
-Added more arenas
-Fixed small bugs with "Master of Puppets"-Spell
-Added random-spawning items
-Decreased mana-costs of all spells
-Added the Special Event "Fireball"

Keywords:
puppet, puppeteer, master, master of puppets, puppets, arena, kill, life, kills, lifes, teleport, firebolt, invisibility, magic shield, solidus, ares_
Contents

Master of Puppets v0.40 (Map)

Reviews
14:52, 3rd Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2: Somewhat interesting, however you need to add a quest log, more info about the spell, more spells, not just the one. Some power-ups, more game modes, different heroes with special abilities, better terrain...

M

14:52, 3rd Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Somewhat interesting, however you need to add a quest log, more info about the spell, more spells, not just the one. Some power-ups, more game modes, different heroes with special abilities, better terrain, hotkeys, better tooltips. Rejected.

Level 4
It's a very very fun game !

4/5

bug:
-Hotkey for shield don't work
-it seem to bug when 2 player cast "master of puppets" at the same time, noone is the master and the 2 players can move.

Questions :
Is it normal, when you cast a fireball on 2 linked people, to stun both of them ?

Suggestions :
- a "sprint" ability
- a smallest arena, for a faster game, maybe 3 or 4 arena for different experience
- time to said "gg" when a player win ...
- a "swap position" spell
- more mana
- random event (like "full mana !" ; "blink" that teleport randomly ppl in the arena ; moving fire which create slow firewall ...)
- team deathmatch mode ...

It's all ! =D
and you terrain isn't so bad :p

Level 4
Thank you for your suggestions!

To the bus: I will fix them, or at least try to ;)
If you cast fireball on the master, then the puppet will be unable to move, too.

I will probably not include a sprint-ability, but items which give a temporary speed-bonus.

For the smaller arena, I will think about it!
I will give more time before the game will really end;)
I will not give more mana, but maybe I will decrease the mana costs of the spells.
A swap position spell would be a nice addition. I will think about it!
I will not make random events, but items lying around which you can grab (only temporary bonuses etc.) But I really like the idea with the moving firewall!

A team-mode, maybe. Would be an idea!

Level 4
I updated the map a lot. Changes include:

-Improved tooltips
-Changed "Magic Shield"-Hotkey from s to t
-Added more arenas
-Fixed small bugs with "Master of Puppets"-Spell
-Added random-spawning items
-Decreased mana-costs of all spells
-Added the Special Event "Fireball"

I hope everything works fine! Please report any bugs and critics.