• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 9
can someone tell me where is the last piece of the moon key in temple of the moon
I forgot where it was :S

Level 31
Hey guys! My progress with Chapter 6 titled "Cave of Shadows" is currently 65% done. I originally aimed to have this map done at the end of last month, but life sometimes takes priority. Nonetheless, I'm aiming for the end of October and should be able to reach this milestone. Until then, stay tuned :)

full

Level 8
Hey guys! My progress with Chapter 6 titled "Cave of Shadows" is currently 65% done. I originally aimed to have this map done at the end of last month, but life sometimes takes priority. Nonetheless, I'm aiming for the end of October and should be able to reach this milestone. Until then, stay tuned :)

full
Nice progress this cave should bee quiet darkness,no and not anyone would adventure inside,so i guess priority will have the units with i will enter in cave ,the must survive for any kind of encounter.

Level 4
Turnro, if everything goes well for you which I hope it will, you said you aim to release this at the end of October right?? I suggest that since the end of October is Halloween and the map is underground that you make it scary for us so we will be screaming from playing the game. :D :p

Level 31
Turnro, if everything goes well for you which I hope it will, you said you aim to release this at the end of October right?? I suggest that since the end of October is Halloween and the map is underground that you make it scary for us so we will be screaming from playing the game. :D :p

Sorry, I must of explained myself wrong. I aim to finish the map by the end of October, not release it. My goal is to get Chapter 6 done for both the Sentinel and Highborne story line before putting out another release.

It will require waiting a little while longer, but it'll be worth it :)

Level 4
Awwww LoL... its ok so those pictures above or for the Sentinel campaign right?? And btw, is that passive ability on the warden unit new??

Level 31
Awwww LoL... its ok so those pictures above or for the Sentinel campaign right?? And btw, is that passive ability on the warden unit new??

That is correct. In addition, the warden will have a passive poison ability.

I am excited to share with you guys a new feature I have added into Malfurion's Quest: The Backpack

full

Throughout the campaign, Malfurion will carry a backpack that will allow him to store 6 additional items for later use. These items are for storage only and will also carry into future missions.

This opens up a series of opportunities for players. If you find an item and your heroes have no inventory space, you have the option of holding onto that item instead of ignoring it or discarding an already existing item. In addition, you can find consumable items (such as Healing Wards) and choose to hold onto that item for a later mission.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts about the backpack feature.

Level 11
That could prove to be useful, Turnro. I was tired anyway of returning to places where useful items are left behind because Malfurion's inventory is full. :D

Level 3
That is correct. In addition, the warden will have a passive poison ability.

I am excited to share with you guys a new feature I have added into Malfurion's Quest: The Backpack

full

Throughout the campaign, Malfurion will carry a backpack that will allow him to store 6 additional items for later use. These items are for storage only and will also carry into future missions.

This opens up a series of opportunities for players. If you find an item and your heroes have no inventory space, you have the option of holding onto that item instead of ignoring it or discarding an already existing item. In addition, you can find consumable items (such as Healing Wards) and choose to hold onto that item for a later mission.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts about the backpack feature.
Greetings Turnro Where I leave you my likes ("as youtube and etc...") for this idea?:)

Level 2
I don't know whether you've already fixed it or not, but bugs are always worth reporting:
So I chose Nature's Gift level 3 for Faradrella and then, a new passive icon appeared. As long as she is selected separately, everything is ok, but if she AND an unit with Shadow Meld are selected in the same time, Faradrella's icons get mixed and Entangling Roots icon disappears. I think you should hide that new icon and everything should return to normal.

Level 31
I don't know whether you've already fixed it or not, but bugs are always worth reporting:
So I chose Nature's Gift level 3 for Faradrella and then, a new passive icon appeared. As long as she is selected separately, everything is ok, but if she AND an unit with Shadow Meld are selected in the same time, Faradrella's icons get mixed and Entangling Roots icon disappears. I think you should hide that new icon and everything should return to normal.

Thanks Darcos. I had someone report this bug to me earlier this year, and it will be fixed when the next update is ready.

Level 1
this has taken too long tho cant you put the entire maps on 1day of weekend or something?
also i thought they was full i played the night elf maps until i reached the cave of shadows did all secrets in maps so far is there anyway i can get back my progress when update comes?

Level 31
this has taken too long tho cant you put the entire maps on 1day of weekend or something?
also i thought they was full i played the night elf maps until i reached the cave of shadows did all secrets in maps so far is there anyway i can get back my progress when update comes?

You will be able to continue your progress once the next update comes. It will be as simple as typing in a message in the first chapter that will allow you to skip to the new maps.

Level 1
what about the items and tomes etc do they get lost?
+ does map items get diffrance when you play at eazy difficulty?
i played them all insane but if the items and tomes will be gone i will play it at eazy difficulty and use cheats to reach my progress

Level 31
what about the items and tomes etc do they get lost?
+ does map items get diffrance when you play at eazy difficulty?
i played them all insane but if the items and tomes will be gone i will play it at eazy difficulty and use cheats to reach my progress

No. You will have everything when you play the new maps (items and tomes included).

At the moment, there is no difference of items between the different difficulties of Malfurion's Quest. This will be something I will add once all the initial maps are done.

Level 3
Hola a todos, soy nuevo aqui (I speak Spanish but also Enghish, if you don't understand I'll do it in your language)

Hello everyone, I'm new here and for you Turnro I gotta say that your campaigns are SO AWESOME!!! And more challenging when they're in Hard mode. When I saw there were custom campaigns for Warcraft 3, I found yours (fisrt The Adventures of Rowan The Wise) and it was incredible. Then I found the sequel (Jeopardy of The Horde) and was radical. After that, I saw the third campaign (Resurrection of The Scourge) and was very tricky but amazing. And then I found the last one (currently in development as the page says: Malfurion's Quest) and is different than any other campaign I've ever seen because it's larger than the originals, new items, new heroes, new abilities, new units for both sides and the new race (The Highborne). SPECTACULAR!!! Also I like the idea of adding a backpack to Malfurion since there are many items in this campaign. You're doing a very good (what "very good", fantastic) job on creating every chapter for both side (Sentinels and Highborne) I really want to play the complete campaign but I understand this take you time, not only to make the chapters because you probably have others things to do aside from this, but I'll be patient for your next updates, just keep going and surprise me, I mean, us (because I know I'm not the only one who like this campaign so much)

I also got some questions for this and previous ones:

1. I like the add of Legendary Items in the first two campaigns, I wonder where you got that amazing idea but that's not the question. My question is: Where can I find the Demon Cleaver in Jeopardy of The Horde? Is it very hidden in Chapter 10 or is in one of the previous chapters? (two in one chapter like Rowan The Wise's Chapter 8, because I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE)
2. Is Resurrection of The Scourge going to have Legendary Items in the future? If it does, how are they going to fix with the two Dreadlords that ended on Chapter 10? Are there gonna be new updates for that campaign?
3. Will The Undead appear in Malfurion's Quest? Because since Varimathras survived in Resurrection of The Scourge, he still has some necromancer powers, right? Could this mean that he'll have some kind of roll in this campaign?
4. Are there gonna be Legendary Items for Malfurion's Quest when it is completed?
5. When will the next update be finished, in December or January? (If it is in January, it'll be cool 'cause there will be new thing coming for that month I'm waiting)
6. In Chapter 1 on Malfurion's Quest, when Malfurion is communing with the forest sptiris, the background music change to the one while playing and not with the respective. Is it some kind of bug or something?

Those are all, anyway, keep on doing a great job.:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Hola a todos, soy nuevo aqui (I speak Spanish but also Enghish, if you don't understand I'll do it in your language)

Hello everyone, I'm new here and for you Turnro I gotta say that your campaigns are SO AWESOME!!! And more challenging when they're in Hard mode. When I saw there were custom campaigns for Warcraft 3, I found yours (fisrt The Adventures of Rowan The Wise) and it was incredible. Then I found the sequel (Jeopardy of The Horde) and was radical. After that, I saw the third campaign (Resurrection of The Scourge) and was very tricky but amazing. And then I found the last one (currently in development as the page says: Malfurion's Quest) and is different than any other campaign I've ever seen because it's larger than the originals, new items, new heroes, new abilities, new units for both sides and the new race (The Highborne). SPECTACULAR!!! Also I like the idea of adding a backpack to Malfurion since there are many items in this campaign. You're doing a very good (what "very good", fantastic) job on creating every chapter for both side (Sentinels and Highborne) I really want to play the complete campaign but I understand this take you time, not only to make the chapters because you probably have others things to do aside from this, but I'll be patient for your next updates, just keep going and surprise me, I mean, us (because I know I'm not the only one who like this campaign so much)

I also got some questions for this and previous ones:

1. I like the add of Legendary Items in the first two campaigns, I wonder where you got that amazing idea but that's not the question. My question is: Where can I find the Demon Cleaver in Jeopardy of The Horde? Is it very hidden in Chapter 10 or is in one of the previous chapters? (two in one chapter like Rowan The Wise's Chapter 8, because I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE)
2. Is Resurrection of The Scourge going to have Legendary Items in the future? If it does, how are they going to fix with the two Dreadlords that ended on Chapter 10? Are there gonna be new updates for that campaign?
3. Will The Undead appear in Malfurion's Quest? Because since Varimathras survived in Resurrection of The Scourge, he still has some necromancer powers, right? Could this mean that he'll have some kind of roll in this campaign?
4. Are there gonna be Legendary Items for Malfurion's Quest when it is completed?
5. When will the next update be finished, in December or January? (If it is in January, it'll be cool 'cause there will be new thing coming for that month I'm waiting)
6. In Chapter 1 on Malfurion's Quest, when Malfurion is communing with the forest sptiris, the background music change to the one while playing and not with the respective. Is it some kind of bug or something?

Those are all, anyway, keep on doing a great job.:thumbs_up:

Glad to hear you enjoyed playing my campaigns, AssasinRiper386 :) Here are the answers you seek:

1. Alliance10 answered this question already. However, it is worth pointing out that while there are 10 legendary items, you can only acquire 9 of them each time you play.
2. I do plan to go back to Resurrection of the Scourge one day and give it an update. This will include adding legendary items.
3. Varimathras sure does show up in Malfurion's Quest. :) He appears in the interlude: Council of the Legion. Depending on the choice you made in Chapter 2, the ending of this interlude will change due to the different stories.
4. Yes, adding legendary items will be one of the final things I do when finishing Malfurion's Quest.
5. I'm planning to have the update ready around February. It'll include 5 new maps, as well and general improvements and bug fixes to the already existing maps. I'll announce a date for the update closer to the time.
6. I think I know what you are referring to. I think this is a bug in Warcraft 3 when a cinematic plays before the current background music finishes playing. I don't think I had any luck trying to resole it, though.

Level 3
Glad to hear you enjoyed playing my campaigns, AssasinRiper386 :) Here are the answers you seek:

1. Alliance10 answered this question already. However, it is worth pointing out that while there are 10 legendary items, you can only acquire 9 of them each time you play.
2. I do plan to go back to Resurrection of the Scourge one day and give it an update. This will include adding legendary items.
3. Varimathras sure does show up in Malfurion's Quest. :) He appears in the interlude: Council of the Legion. Depending on the choice you made in Chapter 2, the ending of this interlude will change due to the different stories.
4. Yes, adding legendary items will be one of the final things I do when finishing Malfurion's Quest.
5. I'm planning to have the update ready around February. It'll include 5 new maps, as well and general improvements and bug fixes to the already existing maps. I'll announce a date for the update closer to the time.
6. I think I know what you are referring to. I think this is a bug in Warcraft 3 when a cinematic plays before the current background music finishes playing. I don't think I had any luck trying to resole it, though.

Well, I know that Varimathras appears in the interlude: Council of The Legion, but what I'm reffering if he will appear as a boss in any of the future chapters of the Sentinels Storyline, just like Anetherot in Chapter 5 (sorry, don't remember his name) commanding the undead since I think he still have some necromancer powers from the previous campaign, that's what I want to know.

Anyway, good luck!!!

Level 31
Well, I know that Varimathras appears in the interlude: Council of The Legion, but what I'm reffering if he will appear as a boss in any of the future chapters of the Sentinels Storyline, just like Anetherot in Chapter 5 (sorry, don't remember his name) commanding the undead since I think he still have some necromancer powers from the previous campaign, that's what I want to know.

Anyway, good luck!!!

I see. I'm not really a fan of spoiling what is to come, but I will say the dreadlords as a whole will have a major role in the Sentinel story line.

Level 31
Hey guys! Just a quick update to let you all know that my current map, the Cave of Shadows, is nearly done. I aim to have the initial map done within a week or so, though it will not be available to play yet.

full

In addition, I have replaced Jarod Shadowsong's Sword Slam ability with a new spell. This new ability is Battle Shout, which silences all nearby enemy units.

full

Level 4
Is that a new hero in the bottom most part of the image??? And no offense but why does the Faerie Dragon icon look like claws?? Btw great job Turnro I can't wait to play this thing. Keep it up.

Level 10
@Wrath King, do you mean the 5th icon?
If so, that's the new feature Turnro said before. The Backpack.
And the Faerie Dragons might be a new unit with a different name because they look ethereal and have a different icon.

Edit-I just saw that they were using the Mana Flare Ability, they do that. But there has got to be more about them than just the new icon.

Level 31
Is that a new hero in the bottom most part of the image??? And no offense but why does the Faerie Dragon icon look like claws?? Btw great job Turnro I can't wait to play this thing. Keep it up.

I think you are referring to Tyrande's new icon (though correct me if I'm wrong). If you look closer at the Faerie Dragon icon, it is actually an image of a Faerie Dragon. It's essentially showing the new ethereal ability I've added ;)

Level 4
Don't take this the wrong way but IMO the icon does not look like a Faerie Dragon but it does blend in with the color of the Dragon. I mean the bottom most in the hero icons to the left, who is that?? If that is the backpack feature then it won't be an ability of a unit?? Sorry but I have not checked in for quite a while because I have been busy with school stuff.

Level 31
The Faerie Dragon looks like something else to me though, but I think it's sorta cool, idk haven't played it yet :p
Question-Do you plan on updating the Heroes' models?

You mean all of them or just Tyrande? I haven't looked at the new model yet, but we shall see ;)

I mean the bottom most in the hero icons to the left, who is that?? If that is the backpack feature then it won't be an ability of a unit?? Sorry but I have not checked in for quite a while because I have been busy with school stuff.

Yes, the backpack will be a hero unit. It may sound weird not being a normal unit or ability, but the hero unit was the best implementation for a backpack I could find.

Level 4
Turnro, based on the image when you announced the backpack, will it have an in game model or not?? And just a suggestion, do you think it should be renamed into just "Backpack" I mean other heroes are gonna use it right and it will feel weird??

Level 10
Turnro, based on the image when you announced the backpack, will it have an in game model or not?? And just a suggestion, do you think it should be renamed into just "Backpack" I mean other heroes are gonna use it right and it will feel weird??
That is a nice thought.

You mean all of them or just Tyrande? I haven't looked at the new model yet, but we shall see ;)
Yes all of the Heroes on both story line, and not just Tyrande.

Level 31

How the backpack works should make sense once the next update comes out. But essentially, it has no model because it is carried by Malfurion and can only store/retrieve items within his range.