• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit 100% transparent while invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to make my unit have 100% transparency while also being invisible during a certain spell. Wind walk/invisibility/perma invisibility all force the unit to have a certain amount of transparency in-between 0% and 100% somewhere, and using the trigger setting of setting the unit's transparency to 100% during this time will not work, even if I am constantly setting the unit in question to be 100% transparent every 0.03 seconds.

Level 21
not exactly sure I understand you. if what you want is so that even the owning player won't see the unit model while it is invisible(to others) - you could just make the unit model size tiny for the duration of the spell, and it will appear to be invisible.

(I'm assuming your problem has to do with the fact that the invis abilities hardcode values into the transparency measure)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
not exactly sure I understand you. if what you want is so that even the owning player won't see the unit model while it is invisible(to others) - you could just make the unit model size tiny for the duration of the spell, and it will appear to be invisible.

(I'm assuming your problem has to do with the fact that the invis abilities hardcode values into the transparency measure)
He means that Wind Walk and abilities like it override any Transparency you try to apply using triggers. He wants to change the unit's transparency to 100% during these effects but can't.

I don't know of any solution to this but maybe this will help:

Is it possible to trigger your own Wind Walk entirely? Not sure if the Vision functions allow for such a thing.

Level 7
My solution ended up being just applying the unit a skin of a unit with no model during the spell.

I made a unit with no model and nothing but a collision box, but it is still unselectable. Can someone direct me to a dummy model with no model that can be selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.