• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How would one make a unit appear visually normal while being invisible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am attempting something and was wondering if anyone knows any way/method to having units be invisible with ghost/permanent invisibility while not looking 50% faded out. Wind walk isn't an option because I need the units to be able to attack and do stuff still.

Edit: I thought I saw maps do this before, looked into wind walk and didn't see anything that could help. . .

Last edited:
Level 24
Make it invisible via triggers.
However that requires you to trigger ALL invisible effects.

You require to keep track of the buff on the target.
You set the vertex coloring to 100% transparency for enemy players and back to 0% when the effect expires/dispels.

Make it invisible via triggers.
However that requires you to trigger ALL invisible effects.

You require to keep track of the buff on the target.
You set the vertex coloring to 100% transparency for enemy players and back to 0% when the effect expires/dispels.

How exactly would that help? That is fake-invisibility. It is useless in a normal game since they can still be attacked and seen. You can't trigger/code invisibility, never could. Since creating units locally desync's.... Sadly.... :goblin_cry:

Thanks though. =)

Level 12
Locally hidden unit cause desyncs. This has been tested many times.

@Dat-C3: There is only one hardcoded invisibility which does not alter transparency for normal units: Burrow. Use it with a copy of your hero and if you need it, as a passive transformation.

Locally hidden unit cause desyncs. This has been tested many times.

@Dat-C3: There is only one hardcoded invisibility which does not alter transparency for normal units: Burrow. Use it with a copy of your hero and if you need it, as a passive transformation.

Nah there's two, turn units with ghost/P.Invis into buildings as well. Thanks though didn't want to use burrow. Thanks everyone for replying, pretty sure there's only two ways so I will consider this thread solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.