• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 2
ok there's definitely something wrong with the item. i tried crafting bronze bar at forge. i filled the slots with full stones and flints (2 slots each for a total of 10 stones and 10 flints). then clicked bronze bar button.

the result was: 1 stone in slot 1. 1 flint in slot 2. 1 bronze bar in slot 3. empty slot 4.

i think the last version (5.7 i think), the rest of the unused items was dropped on the ground.

anyway around this? or maybe you should put a warning text as to "do not fill all slots completely when crafting items or you will risk losing materials"

and why'd u remove the equipment requirement ?

the totem doesn't remove diseases 100% of the time. (or is this intended?)

Level 11
Yes, I also noticed a new bug appeared in 5.7.2 with a variable used in crafting and reviving.
Working to solve this!

The equipment requirement have been reworked in a completely different system: now every class can wear any armor, but this increases his Burden, making his hero skills and spells cost more energy. This way a Shaman would still prefer lighter to no armor.

As for not removing 100% of diseases - yes, this is a minor bug.

Level 11
Version 5.7.3: major update (15.10.2015)
• fishing time decreased, chance to catch increased, tooltips improved;
• net, hands of the dead and freeze duration decreased; spellbooks crafting tooltips improved.
• bugfixes:
– a major bug with crafting and revival fixed;
– totem initial placing fixed.

Level 2
Some JTR Game Info Tips(game info - quests)

Hi,

because the map is missing some overall ingame info (in F9 field) - I compiled several topics from the website and ingame tooltips and made them as triggers for info quests. This way players can check it during game (Survival info / Jungle Animals info / Building and crafting/ Weather/ Hunger / Heat / Energy etc.). They can be edited and added to the F9 section. Could be extended with different topics though. However seems that there is a limit of characters for every quest trigger so the information has to be grouped in topics.

Edit: I tested 5.7.3 on 2v2 multiplayer: 2 of the players dropped (we remained 1vs1).

About revival from troll after death: energy counter starts from 0 even at first days - takes too long. Then even if you revive from totem once (before you have used miracle from troll) - you lose the option to be able to revive alone later.

There is an exploit possible with 5.7+:
guardian can be blocked behind some stone walls away from totem (spamming like 5-10 walls to make it unreachable) thus making it hard to reach and also the totem is invulnerable all the time while there is guardian. - this makes base somehow unnecessary invulnerable for too long (it takes alot of time and power to destroy lots of stone walls).
Suggest: Hitpoints of totem to be increased to 1000 - 1500 and it to be attackable. Then as a victory condition both totem and guardian would need to be destroyed.
Spooky aura from all types of totems needs to have also negative mana regen on shades (currently it has only slow on them). Scare ability from totem of horror can prevent control (select) during the time of effect - could produce lot of bugs though / alternatively it can cause tremble - chance to miss all types of attacks for a while.

Detectors: warior class has no option to use any detector except torch - means if he needs torch - he has to go without a primary weapon. This gives him no chance against a hunter or player who uses invisibility. Torch is too weak for primary weapon currently.
Suggest:
- torch to be used not only as primary weapon - maybe also as secondary or third weapon - depending on what the player has euipped. The torch model would be very nice if visible when equipped also; Torch aura, firecamp aura and flares - should also reveal all invisible units within range - player carrying torch, all friends or foes ig they are invisible. Torch could also be attached to towers, deer, totem, golems, turtle helper, ghouls, frolls for more detector options.
- flares to be used by all classes
- new item like dust of appearance to be accessible
- option to buy hawk egg / hound pup from troll merchant :)
- totem can have some reveal area spell for ex. cost 150 energy

All the best :psmile:

Attachments

• JTRGameInfoTips_1.0.w3x
    24.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 3
You gotta love when people permaforce you to play something in this game. Even more than ever now.

Level 2
ok how do you make the siege catapult work. it cannot attack. it has 0 mana and bombard requires 50 mana.

i had the rabbit gloves and raccoon boots from quest. then i died. both of them gone permanently.

i also had flamethrower. then i died. then it's gone.

also i tried making potions. and it sometimes crash the game (memory leak?)

i sold the festive hat after finishing quest. then finished another quest and can't pick up the festive hat.

i'll post more once i find more bugs (or what i think would be bugs).

Level 11
Catapult: load it with a stone and it will have the mana needed. Or you can even load it with an inventor's bomb ;)

Yes, seems there's still some bug with disappearing items upon revival... I should find some time to check this.

No idea about the potions... Everything is possible :(

Maybe you have equipped a mask or another festive hat? If not, then maybe it's a bug. Sometimes bugs with equipped items do happen. The way to fix them is to type -debug. These bugs are automatically fixed when you die and revive.

Level 2
I would just like to report the bug I encountered when I tested this map vesion 5.7.3.
-
when you die sometimes items simply disappear from game and you don't have them in inventory when you revive

(I just noticed you may have been talking about that version and already know of that bug)
-another bug which I don't think is mentioned is this:
for voodoo revival of zombie troll you need 200 voodoo energy, even tho it says in description you need 100

One suggestion - could you make it so that festive hat joins with mask
(sort of like axes do when warrior picks 2 of them, or just add a button in shaman hut that can do that)

Last edited:
Level 1
I think you should slow up the regeneration speed a little bit so that there will be a smaller chance of survival, ending the game fast. And it will also force the user of the troll to hunt food or herb to ensure his safety and health regen. I suggest maybe putting a 'backpack' for an extra inventory, but filling one original inventory of the troll due problems of uncarried items, leaving them behind for thieves. It can be formed by 4 tinder, 2 ropes, 1 wood, and a pig skin. It will be worth hunting these items for an extra inventory. :)

Level 3
This is by far one of the best maps I've ever played. Started this one a few years back, and I have to say it really is an all-time favorite, and I've played hundreds of maps. Thank you so much for this survival-based wc3 scenario, really :D 10/10

Level 1
Hello, :)
have you been thinking about redeveloping the game on new better platform (this one isn't so popular as it was before but the gameplay of the game is still quite good)

Level 1
Hello,

I was playing this map quite a bit with one of my friends and we both really liked it, so I wanted to ask if there are people who would be interested in playing together, as it is kinda hard to find good group now that garena is kinda... Weird... And on Tunngle people play mostly LTD and similiar maps

So if there are people who would be interested in playing together, write me message here on hive, we are both kinda newbies as far as PvP go but we did enjoy Co-op quite a bit and this map has lot to offer, so I hope some people will join us, thanks and hope to see ya soon!

Level 1
Hey!There are few people,including me,who play trolls on GameRanger,if you want to play with somebody,download it,make account and add me to friends.The same nickname-sebedoroje.Or you can add my friend-John Silver

Level 2
Suggestion for multiplayer improvement

Hello,

There is still lots of players that play WC3 as it offers good environment for RPG/Survival gameplay.
Still major problem for new players that have not played the map is that they join a JTR game and they get disconnected right away due to a desync error or bug. This way many new players that got dropped from their first games would think the map actually does not work and probably would not try it anymore.
- there is a fix or workaround for this error: (players need to restart WC3 every time before joining a new JTR Game) - maybe it would be useful to update the game Tips and game info screen on Multiplayer. This way there will eventually be more players to join hosted games.
- Another improvement for cooperative game - if possible to allow a multiplayer game to start with 2 or 3 players in 1 team only - without the need of another player in Team2 or Team3. This would allow playing of some coop games when there are only a few players. Actually I noticed in some hosted games that there was not an option to select a Computer opponent in another team - forcing players to wait more (not sure if this is with or without a hosting bot).

- tribe guardians could be made as optional tribe achievement - it can require some crafting resources / trophies from bosses for example / and some totem energy.

- several different types of guardians that the tribe can choose depending on their strategy or resources available. Before this players can use the totem for healing, revival, weather changes.
- every Guardian type can provide some new totem ability.

- totem destruction instead of ending game for the tribe - could allow only revival by the troll itself and with items dropped instead of restoring them (similar to Hardcore Mode - with maybe limit in revival after this).
- if totem is destroyed before guardian - guardian can be free to move with tribe then until destroyed. Instead of making totem permanently ivulnerable - the guardian could unlock using this ability for the totem for limited time (for ex. 60 seconds maybe at the cost of some totem energy).
- possibility to regenerate health of guardian by feeding or consuming regeneration potions for example could be added. It would be useful as it has lots of hitpoints and without shaman healing spells it cannot restore health effectively.

Edit:
- every lvlup could allow allocating some Str/Agi/Int points for small stats increase so players can adapt to their current game needs. Lvl up should provide small auto stats increase that could be balanced and help lategame battles last a bit longer - especially when there are more players in a battle. It would also allow adding speed or energy to a warrior for example - to compensate slow movement or the use of heavy equipment etc.
- stats of trolls could be changed by adding 100 hitpoints to all classes. Animal stats in my opinion should be set to be equal to those on Hard mode (+50%). Game difficulty should affect all other things. This will allow more damage resistance for players and animals in battle, making gameplay more challenging.

- item spawn could be simplified a bit - this is to prevent going back and forth to every place on the map several times during the first few days.
- could be changed to One Time spawn - at first day by increasing a bit the number of items per resource spawn. Maybe a second resource spawn could occur at week 2 (after around one hour of gameplay) for additional resources in late game.

- jungle animals spawn at start could be changed to include Elder Beasts as well: for special resources and some challange as well (all animal types could spawn at start - lvl 1/2/3/4).

A few small updates now and then when time allows would still keep the multiplayer interest in this nice map. Also gradually opening item uses for all classes (enchanted staffs / bows / guns / their corresponding ammo crafted in the class structures / inventions and special items / option for pet taming) - all at the cost of some accumulated crafting energy and corresponding special items or special skills learned(could be implemented) - would multiply possible gameplay variations and team strategies. Although such a change may reduce current class-specific advantages - if it is well balanced it surely would introduce lots of gameplay creativity and improvisations even for experienced players, making multiplayer games unpredictable.

Last edited:
Level 1
I wish author made static init on map init, instead of dynamic which causes players to drop right at the beginning :( Pretty sure this is the main problem of disconnects at game start

Level 11
New life for Trollz mon!

Thanks to the Korean player Daehun Kim both major bugs of Jungle Trolls Reborn seem to be FIXED:

► The game desynchronization at game start should not happen anymore!

► The bug with items lost upon death is now fixed!​

There is also a small update:

► Structures destroyed now drop about half of the resources needed to craft them.​

Thanks to these changes the Jungle lives once again, and is supported by me for more than 10 years.
Little trolls grew up here, mon!

Another good news:
We may gather the scattered Troll community in the Jungle of the Tunngle!

Requirements:
Download & Install Tunngle and register your account.

Run Tunngle, login and search for the Jungle Trolls network ►

► Enter and that's it!
Now you can play with anyone in the room as if you are all in LAN.

Level 2
Hello,

nice to see a new update for JTR.

Here are a few things to note and a few more suggestions:

- Bug: if totem is not built until timer expires- only guardian spawns (no totem) - for tribe 2

- bug: summon guardian ability drains 500 mana (It should be not active when guardian is already available).

- quests - first quest is always with berry (it is not random) - it is rather for late game

Update the map on different hosting bots and servers(ENT / Make me host etc.) to match 5.8.1 or later (some servers still have 5.7.0 only). - More players from Bnet will test the map.

Update F9 game tips to show basic info Jungle Trolls Reborn 5.8.1

- suggestion: if totem is not built until timer expires - totem could be auto built near the player who carries it instead of at start point.

- Regeneration spellbook - visual effect - healing salve sound and effect (works for regeneration balm) or similar
- Double - Spellbook cooldown is 10 seconds / Lasts 20 seconds (increase cooldown to 15 / 20). Imbued staff (for Double) - cooldown is 40

- Zombie animals - energy lvlup (eating would restore health and some energy) - add 400 energy for example with no regeneration if not eating. Could be lvl 2 / 3 then.
Regeneration could be changed to match Disease (total regeneration will be 0) - then zombie animals could be affected by poison and disease spells also (for balance).

- Zombie Bear size could be reduced to match lvl2 Bear

- Increase hitpoints of all animals and trolls by 30% or 50% for longer combat. Or to match Hard difficulty. Difficulty then should affect only Weather and survival aspect.
Note: this will reduce the need of multiple reviving ingame. Currently with 200 hitpoints all trolls are on 2 or 3 hits from range weapons, power attacks and spels (in multiplayer it means almost instant kills). Increasing hitpoints will make battles last longer.

- increase of max food (by lvlup) and max heat (by items). For example a fur/leather coat would provide maxheat increase when worn as well as the heat regeneration.
- increase of maxfood by lvlup would allow players to eat less often in late game, where inventory slots are more important. For example increase of Maxfood by +5 or +10 per lvlup - reaching 300/350

- Small heat addition to all leather clothes and armor, also they should be waterproof.
Fur clothes should provide higher heat than leather and still waterproof only if lined.

- axes should be Flint(instead of bone) / Stone / Bronze / Iron
- Javelins could be 3 lvls - Bone(5) / Flint / Horn (Harpoons) with increase in dmg

- merchant shop - second page - could sell all animal resources sold by players (if trading agreement has upgraded the shop). All animal resources and items sold should be added to game cache and be available for sale (items wont be lost).
Note: Players can also keep track of items sold ingame from other tribes and also purchase some of these resources if needed. Here prices may be set 2x or 3x.

- Spooky aura could cause tremble(drunken haze) when Panic is triggered.

- Panic mode could show visual effect and prevent sleep from processing when Panic is active for its duration (to prevent sleep processing when in combat / attacked or in dangerous areas or situations).

- resting - should have visual effect when processing (Brilliance Aura pulse or Command Aura pulse) - to notify players since attack ability is inactive then and also heat is lost too fast at night. Aura pulses may be trigerred on every rest instance - notifying the player (the pulse visual effect will not affect allies and is only for notification).

- Boars and hogs lvl 2/3 should have 10% critical also

- Sabre tooths 1/2/3/4 should be able to move trough trees (currently only Elder Sabretooths can move trough trees)

- Free for All (FFA) mode (random spawn on map - no allied vision. and Hardcore mode (from start or after death).
- Totem could be optional here (since all players are alone and will be unable to attack guardian effectively - it could prolong games).

- Guardian could be optional (built on 500 mana with choice between alternative guardian types). It could also have mana for Return to Totem ability (like town portal) - it could be used for attack as well. Guardian could also have levelup ability (with energy). Could use the totem sacrifices or eat/regenerate energy to levelup (increase hitpoints, damage and add abilities). This will prevent exploits with it (if it is too powerfull all the time) and also gives players choice to invest in improving guardian.
Maybe at start (lvl 1 guardian) it could be similar to a normal lvl3 animal or Elder beast. Later could become more powerful by lvlup (3 or 4 lvls for guardian)

- totem invulnerability - should be not permanent even when guardian is alive.
Active ability for that instead for 60 seconds - (for 250 energy for example) -- to prevent exploits:

Guardian can be easily hidden or blocked with obstacles like stone walls or trees (making it unreachable or not attackable for long time) and thus the totem cannot be atacked either (base is invulnerable - giving large advantage to inventor / warrior classes and forcing a lot of base raid/ base trade strategies).

- if totem is destroyed - Hardcore mode should be then auto activated for the tribe (items drop on death), also allied vision could be lost. If guardian is still alive - it could move freely then.

- inventory slot for Guardian - to protect valuable items or heal itself (food / herbs / potions)

It should also not be immune to disease spells and poison - to allow more attacking strategies.

Note: Same goes for zombie animals and also lvl 3 animals. They should have energy, but even if their energy reaches 0 - should not die.
For lvl3 animals - when energy reaches 0 - they should remain ingame - with slight chance of turning to elder beast every new day or week (some small % chance).
This would allow also use of spells, but not make them disappear when energy reaches 0.
This will bring more challange ingame. Currently most lvl 3 animals disappear from map and the resources are also lost.

- sarbacane ammo could be also made of bone+tinder(5 charges) or 3bone+feather (15 charges) -- higher dmg (with slight critical chance) with optional poison effect from cauldron. Slow poison can also be added.
Currently sarbacane ammo is dependent on fishbone/poison only - somehow limiting its use, also dmg is too low per hit and it cannot affect poison resistant units(zombies).
- Sarbacane can also be accessible for all classes (crafted in shaman hut). It is rather a universal jungle weapon.

- imbued staff could be used by other classes as well - could provide gameplay variety and a lot of new strategies.

- allowing some detectors for Warrior class would be good - currently they can use only torch - which makes them go without a primary weapon (using only javelins or throwing axes is not too good for multiplayer battles). For example: flares to be useable by all classes; optional Hawk unit or similar pet; torch as a secondary or third weapon etc. Without detector warrior class has very big disadvantages against all other classes using flying units, invisibility and range weapons.

- inventor recipes instead of random - to be accessible for choice. Different invention recipe levels could require more accumulated crafting energy. His second ability could be "disassemble item" (ability from forge). Alternatively he could use "Dismantle" also on items; and his second ability to give him a choice of available inventions at crafting energy cost.

- Random spawn of Oil locations / mineral springs / teleporters -- for more gameplay variations

Increasing hitpoints a little would make gameplay more acceptable especially in team games. Otherwise there is alot of back and forth reviving and map is too large. Also Totem invulnerability and exploits with it could be reduced.

Last edited:
Level 1
I agree with increasing hitpoints, but i think it would be better if HP increase with lvl and Energy should increase as well (for example HP 10/lvl and Energy 5/lvl. It would make late game more interesting.

Level 4
hello im newbie player in this map, and i think this maps is rocks, but still i hate if other player use map hack so they can survive better...:(:(

when other version release?sorry my english is bad..:(:(

i hope we can upgrade building more futuristic, so our troll have gun/ bazooka....lolz
Maybe that's only for Troll Inventor,mon.

Level 4
-=Few More Suggestions=-

-Totem should start at 0 mana. Inventors can dismount the totem and remake it with full mana, or you can kill the totem and make another with full mana.

-Hunters should be able to craft scimitars which should be the only weapon that can cut bushes for tinder, not axes, cause I dont even understand how thats possible..

-Remove the frenzy ability from doing faster attack speed, warriors are the most overpowered class in the game. They can get this and hold gloves as well, oh and dont forget the extra damage and more critical precent from weapons, oh wait then lets add two of them, and the extra damage done to trolls. Seriously, is there something that I am not seeing? The only way is mines from an inventor. Lets also talk about how he can carry two items, easily getting rocks, wood, tinder, selling it for more resources of what the player desires.

-You should be allowed to remain in ghost form and wait players out till you feel like selling your soul.

-Fire and tent kits shouldnt be able to be disembled in the forge.
If that happens,then it will be more realistic!

Level 4
-=Coma Bug=- For the coma bug to work, you need to be moving, attacking, or about to preform any type of action before you go into it.

-=Small Animals=- Yes, it is required, if I by accident kill one, then they dont respawn and I'm screwed..

-=Rabbits and Raccoon=- The lag will happen whether you make em neutral or not.

-=FFA=- Should at least be a mode, or as Bloodyeagle said, allow us to leave our tribes and form new ones in game. I am a loner, and most players are. Think of it as this, players doing FFA, when one is about to take the other, he makes a truce, forms an alliance and so on. They can even bargain on it, like 1 wood per day. Also, FFA leads to more bases and more struggle amongs players. Actions can happen out of random, and players would try to stay more defensive, instead of attackin at the last minute and waiting hours and hours till something actually happens.

-=Mana Stones=- They should not be sold and given out to anyone with a little bit of work. They should remain a rare drop. I dont even believe that they should drop from rocks as well. Wood and stones are somewhat understandable, not mana stones. They are now becoming to easy to get, when they are not suppose to be.

-=Rain & Plants=- A little mana regeneration shouldnt make a big difference.

-=More Suggestions=-

-Warriors should not be able to craft a bone or stone axe in their class crafting. Also they shouldnt even be able to obtain one at random, hoping to be lucky. They get free wood, which supplies the fire without any trouble. It's pretty much like the old inventor which can start a fire for free. Which as seen, was fixed for balancing issues?

-Warriors shouldnt have "Frenzy" which allows them to attack 50% faster.. that is overpowered. Frenzy should only give you 50% faster movement.

-Hunters den should be removed... like said before, you can now tame animals there is no need for a den, taming is more interactive and better. With the whole "hawk", when you kill a bird, you should have a % chance that it would drop a egg which allows the hunter to have a hawk.

-=Comment=-

When will be the release date of the new version? Give a certain date.
What do you mean drop an egg when birds are killed? Do you think birds carry their eggs?
But...I agree with the overpowered troll warrior...He can stand even he is attacked by two trolls...

Level 4
You know what,I just noticed something in this map...
Every time I finished the Old Troll's quest,his mana is increased by 1 over 100. What if his mana becomes full?

Level 2
You know what,I just noticed something in this map...
Every time I finished the Old Troll's quest,his mana is increased by 1 over 100. What if his mana becomes full?

Maybe it's just used to track how many quests are completed, so maybe for example if 7 mana ( 7 quests completed), he says some dialogue lines, that would be my guess.

Oh and also, ITT means Island Troll Tribes

Level 2
GUYS HOW DO I DOWNLOAD WARCRAFT 3 WORLD EDITOR I BOUGHT DA REIGN OF CHAOS AND DA FROZEN THRONE AND WHEN I LOOKED AT THE FILES I CANT FIND IT PLZ HELP ME SEND ME A DOWNLOAD LINK IF U DO NOT INFINITE

Level 4
At first I'm gonna say hellos all of ya mons and congratulate on making an incredible map. Keep da good work !
MS would say "we're sorry for the inconvenience", but I have to be a bit inconvenient, heh.
I have critical errors during LAN games like other guys here (even tried singleplayer and had the same experience) for which I cannot find what triggers them, but I suspect on memory leaks, if I'm right.
1st Error says (during LAN game) as follows:
Not enough storage is available to process the command.
Object: Chunk (.AUChunk@CDataStoreChunked@@)

2nd Err says (during singleplayer):
Not enough storage is available to process the command.
Object: Handle2AgentReg (.?AUHandle2AgentReg@@)

Hoping this information would be helpful to you 'couse game is awsome and we wanna play it. Thanks for patience, awaiting soon replies :goblin_wtf:
I'm experimenting the same problems on my project. did you know what Handle2AgentReg error means?