• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Level 17
Lol, sorry I'm working on it.
Puppy and work don't leave too much free time and I had to replace my ram so I was stuck with my laptop only for a bit.

Though while I was on break I was messing around with the existing models and concluded that it wouldn't be too hard to re-wrap them in a similar way S&S was.
This would obviously look different and worse, but it would be one way to make the new models usable in multiplayer too considering the much smaller filesize.
Though I will probably do this later on not as the models come out.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Sooo when are the new goodies coming? ^_^

Wow that is absolutely top-notch! Those trees particularly look fantastic.

Question: do you have (I see they're on your to-do list) any tilesets? I've been looking around for some and while there are a few out there that look good, I still haven't found exactly what I need. Seeing as you have texture packs for your resources, I was wondering if you had any for ground textures yet?

Level 17
The new resource packs will have some tiles yes as well as some tile models.
Also as I have mentioned before about the intent to monetize the links, the new downloads (and maybe the legacy ones too if I'm not too lazy) will be monetized by simple display ads much like AdSense (no actions required).
Probably piss poor revenue, but the other stuff I have got I found out to be too scammy and/or too intrusive and I don't wanna bother people with that.

Level 17
So I actually went to an interview on friday last week and now I'm working on a small commission they gave me.

They are a local outsourcing studio and if successful I would either work in-house or do some on-demand stuff.
Though, if I ended up taking the contract work I would have to start up a business for myself as a freelancer officially.
Which maybe wouldn't be half bad since I could work on here/unity stuff full time in between work that they would have for me. (I currently can't do a whole lot for the marketplace since I don't have income covered legally)

This is the small commission I'm doing atm, it will probably take around 2 days.
I should be back by then. ~~

185888-albums6426-picture107554.jpg

Level 17
Definitely suitable.

I'm happy since the normals turned out perfect.
I needed to fit in under 1500 triangles so I had to projection bake the corner guards and the bolts into the normals.
I was scared they would mess up on the seams, but the seams aren't visible at all and there are no deformities.
All that is left is to paint the texture and it is good to go.

185888-albums6426-picture107601.jpg

EDIT:
Aaaand done !
Took about 22 hours total, now just chill and wait to hear back.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks !
Lol yeah, the clasps were kind of empty and lacking detail so I decided fingerprints would look cool.

Shamefully, Sketchfab compresses the textures quite a bit.
Now I'm planning to be blissfully unproductive this weekend then return to working on my stuff.

Also, if you want you can join Sketchfab via this link.
5 referrals and I will get a free PRO account for a year.
I don't even know what it does but I will get the option to upload custom backgrounds, so go join newr !

Last edited:
Level 17
I use Max to model and Mudbox to paint/sculpt the textures and normals.
Quixel suite to create PBR materials.

This suitcase though is mostly just a weird mix of Max and Photoshop.
The guys didn't really talk about quixel/substance programs in a good light so I tried to use as little of them as possible.

The leather is all just Mudbox painting/sculpting the bolts and the corner guards are just high poly projection bakes in Max.
The small bolts and keyholes on the metal parts are actually just made in photoshop.
The only thing made with Quixel suite is the specular/glossiness maps for the metal parts.

Level 17
Back on track again.
I have been working on an assignment for a while.
Now working on a bunch of things for myself, one of which is the trapper's camp I mentioned and some more medieval village stuff.

Bear with me bears, and here have a sphere or something.
~

Level 17
Lol, I have to keep up with the rising standards on Unity so I had to spend some extra time, still working on it.
I don't want my storefront cluttered with low quality stuff so I deprecated my old products.

I have hard time pushing myself into medieval models because there is already very high competition for it on the market.
But I will try release everything that is not too random that the hive could use.

I'm sticking to four "product lines" those being medieval and environmental models as well as modern horror/survival type of things.
Most of it you could probably use, I'll post what I'm working on to see what would make sense uploading here.

Level 17
Lol, I have to keep up with the rising standards on Unity so I had to spend some extra time, still working on it.
I don't want my storefront cluttered with low quality stuff so I deprecated my old products.

I have hard time pushing myself into medieval models because there is already very high competition for it on the market.
But I will try release everything that is not too random that the hive could use.

I'm sticking to four "product lines" those being medieval and environmental models as well as modern horror/survival type of things.
Most of it you could probably use, I'll post what I'm working on to see what would make sense uploading here.

EDIT:
Currently working on this assignment.
It is supposed to be a Unity scene, only going to be doing whiteboxing and the stuff.

full

Level 3
First of all,im not a english speaker,not my first or my second language.I wanted to download and use Terrains and resources from Talavaj pack which can be found here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hybrisfactory-terraining-and-mapping-resources.238310/
BUT..I wanted to know if i can use it in my map that im working on right now,because if you scroll down to "term of use" it says :

You Can NOT

• Redistribute - Publicly redistribute this resource in any way shape or form, in parts or otherwise. When sharing this resource with friends
    or acquaintances you will link to this thread.
  • Create Derivative Work - Under no circumstances you are to use parts of this resource in your work.
    This applies to Models, Textures and all content found within this pack.

I dont understand the part where it says *under no circumstances you are to use parts of this resource in your work. This applies to Models, Textures and all content found within this pack.*/so does that means I can't use it in my map?..if so whts the point of this resources..sight-seeing?
(if u dont mind,from 10 how much would u rate my english)

Anyone??

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
You can use it in a map, terrain, wallpaper whatever.
Heck you can even use it in a mobile unity game if you want people to laugh at you, lol.

Application is fine, derivation isn't because I don't view it as something that contains enough original input from the other author. (e.g plagiarism)
What I mean by derivation though is for example taking my models, geomerging them to create a house model and release that as your own resource in the resource section.
I obviously don't mean maps and the like, that is what the models are for.

I will update the OP for clarification when I get around to it, seems it is still confusing some people lol.

Level 17
Random random.

Can you tell me what is the water model that terrainers use nowadays ?
I thought the water model by iNfraNe was being used but I also notice this paler version such as in this thread by BranaR.
Is it some kind of an edited variant or what ?

Just asking since I saw a request for water with animated waves, so I was thinking that if I was to make a water like that it would make sense to base it on the most commonly used one anyway for everyone to use.

Level 17
You would have to convert the models into fbx or whatever that unity supports.
I don't have the source files anymore unfortunately.

Here are the models from youtube if you want to use them in unity:
Dropbox - HF_Medieval_Smithy.rar

It's a deprecated product really, I will be making more for unity and wc3 though.

EDIT:
Also, while conversing a little with Dr Super Good I came upon something that part made me angry and part blew my mind.
And that is the fact that using targa as textures apparently just happens to work.
What is good with that ?
Well it doesn't have a problem with textures above 512p like this 2k texture atlas.

full

Level 17
Yes, you can just import and assign textures as .tga.
The editor recognizes them as other/texture file apparently...

: -p
I don't know what performance hit it is going to cause, but that is why I have got all of you here for !

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Even if it requires quite a bit of memory, we should be able to offset that somehow now that W3 was semi-ported to DX9.

Alternatively, we could prioritize smaller yet more detailed maps (like SC2) over larger ones. Games have been doing it for years - larger worlds have less detail in 90% of the cases

Level 17
I don't know if there are any engine bottlenecks, but theoretically yes it would require way more video memory overall and the filesize of targa is massive, so it wouldn't be useful for multiplayer anyway.
But if it has no adverse effects on decent enough hardware there should be no problems using it in terraining at least.
And it would also tremendously speed up the process of porting my unity models into wc3 by simply uploading the source textures.

Not to mention it would look much better, obviously.
Since textures of that size allow for non-overlapping wraps with non-repeating detail and baked ambient occlusion which I'm doing for unity anyway.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Indeed - and it's basically a way of upgrading WC3 if you will.

A few years back, 128x128 was the low-quality texture standard. If 512x512 can become the low-end standard and 2048x2048 can be the "HQ" standard.

The future is definitely interesting.

Level 17
A small update on what I have been doing nowadays.
Finally got a proper website up and running and gonna try a little of self employment.
I have the money to cover the first year expenses even if I don't end up making anything, so there is little risk in trying.
Even if I won't get anywhere I figured I may as well do it to expand my portfolio.

I'm currently working on a pack based on white orchard from Witcher 3.
The structure is going to be a little different because every pack will come out as full-feature, but I will split the assets by type later down the road. (buildings/props/environments like it was before)
I will also be working on some non-medieval assets that may or may not be released here, will depend on popular demand I guess.

My medieval assets will mostly be based on DA: Inquisition, Witcher 3, Kingdom Come and Dark Souls 3 so if you remember any specific art from those games that you like feel free to ask for it since those have the best chance to get made.
The pack I'm currently making is mostly log houses with thatched roofs, but it will contain interior props and some environments as well.
It's less modular at the moment but there will be a far greater amount of stand alone props.

Level 17
Yes, officially they will be for unity 5.
Normally they will cost from $5 to $35+, but I guess I can give them to hive members for free.
Though you will have to import them yourself, giving away products on unity marketplace doesn't really work.

Level 17
I was thinking about that should my brand get bigger.
But without having a massive following in the first place sites like patreon aren't of much use really.

It will be fine.
The only things I need is high quality work and lots of it, lol.
But that means more models for hive, all good.