• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The reborn devil that spell is like the tidehunter ulti in dota ravage or something like that

TRD's spell has absolutely nothing to do with Ravage. Ravage is just many impales cast on different directions. His spell is way more than that -.-

TRD, sorry, but honestly, I find that kinda lame. Really.
I expected better from you.

You serious? :eekani:

Level 11
Noes? On Ravage, it is Impale that lifts the units in the air. On TRD's spell, the lift is coded, not to mention that the units are pushed back at the same time. I bet the current code of TRD's spell is like 3 times the code of Ravage.

So TRD just ripped the idea from the SC2 Uberlisk's video? (uberlisk dies and releases such shockwave) :p

Lame if you ask me...

That's exactly what I was thinking! :D

Level 22
Ye, I took the idea from SC2's Uberlisk :D
With a few adjustments of course ^^

And the code is more than 3 times the length of Ravage. Ravage is a rather simple spell. Just create X dummies and order them to do impale in different directions.
Everything in my spell is coded except the models :D

Aaaaaanyway, yet another WIP:
(It's better to watch on YouTube)

This spell will be uploaded in the spells section when I'm done so you can all see the code and stuff. NOTE: I'm just a judge, I'm not participating :D

Level 11
AGAIN are SpellEvent and xebasic ok?

Do you realize that xebasic is just 5 lines of code that do nothing but define global variables (something that you could do in less than a minute) and it's pretty much useless to install it without the modules.
If by xebasic you mean xebasic + modules, then no, it's not allowed.

Spell event should be fine, though.

Level 4
So how does it look at normal maps?

Since you do know the hero should be a melee map one, you can't make the distance 5000 in normal melee maps... :p

Also kind of hard to see things on it.

i agree, i dont think that hero would be any good for a normal melee map. its not just the balancing but the design as well, no normal melee hero would have such a skill, it would kill the game.
as far as i understood the rules of this contest our hero is meant to be used as a normal standart melee hero, like the ones in the tavern.

by the way, would that skill cause lagg if 12 players got such a hero using that skill at once? and would the targeted enemys be able to fly into unpathable terrain or structures?

Level 11
But can't you do like this just remove the buff from the dummy impale casting then they will be thrown up in the air without the impale shit :p or just change the effect on the buff.

That will work 2 i guess

Level 22
As I said I'm not participating in this contest so the rules do not apply to me. The videos you've seen is just to show some of the different things you can do. The first one was pretty much like SC2's Uberlisk spell, on the second one I had the same amount of units, but this time they kinda made a tube formation (the closest guys fly the farthest up and those far away won't move at all, just look at the vid and you'll see). When I release this the they won't fly that high and it will look pretty much like SC2's Uberlisk spell, but it will be possible to do tweak it a lot.

Edit: I doubt this will lag unless you have as many units as I had. Wait a sec and I will count the amount of peasants.

Edit: I had 700 peasants, so unless you're planning on having an army at the size of that the spell won't lag.

EDIT: I just did another test with 1000 peasants and from just that my comp had an FPS of 24 from the beginning and wc3 started to bug (models stretching and stuff) and when I casted the spell the FPS only went down to 20. I got a pretty good computer though, so most of your computers would crash from just the peasants, but that shows how lagless this spell is. Even with 1000 peasants the FPS drop was only 4 FPS.

Edit: I'm now uploading a third video just to show you how it would be in a melee game.
Edit: Video uploaded. It's attached to the post below.

Last edited:
Level 11
But can't you do like this just remove the buff from the dummy impale casting then they will be thrown up in the air without the impale shit :p or just change the effect on the buff.

That will work 2 i guess

No it won't work, impale only moves units vertically, his spell moves units vertically AND horizontally. And it also looks much smoother than if you use impale.

Edit: As I promised, here's a video showing the first spell of my hero. That is the upgraded version of the spell (when his ultimate is active, his spells gain additional effects), the normal version is just the initial spike.

Edit2: Duh, the video doesn't show much of what happens (stupid me), here's what's going on:

Water Spike: Summons a torrent of water in the shape of a spike from below the target area, dealing damage and draining mana from enemy units. Drains more mana the lower the unit's health is. Units hit by the spell are also disarmed for 5 seconds.
Ultimate Form: After the initial spike, the torrent of water spreads across a large area, dealing 20% of the damage, mana drain and disarm.

Last edited:
Level 11
IMPORTS ALLOWED??? OMG LETS (ME) KICK SOME BUTT!!!

What about xepreload and xecast(i know xecast wont be acceptable but why not ask?) and TerrainPathability?

I see no problem with TerrainPathability, but better wait for a mod to confirm this.

xecast, definitely not allowed.

Now, xepreload... well, it's so small (just 1 function) that I prefer to do the preloading myself instead of having to install a system to do it. Honestly I think it should be allowed, but (again) better wait for confirmation.

Oh, and if I were you, I'd focus on the spells instead of the imports. A good-looking spell is wonderful, but it's no good if the coding is done poorly.

Level 7
I see no problem with TerrainPathability, but better wait for a mod to confirm this.

xecast, definitely not allowed.

Now, xepreload... well, it's so small (just 1 function) that I prefer to do the preloading myself instead of having to install a system to do it. Honestly I think it should be allowed, but (again) better wait for confirmation.

Oh, and if I were you, I'd focus on the spells instead of the imports. A good-looking spell is wonderful, but it's no good if the coding is done poorly.

Eyecandy takes 5 points

Level 4
in melee each player can only have each hero once that means MPI, only in custom games it would have to be MUI...

Level 11
Devilduke, you're going to lose rep, due to quadruple posting, click edit on your posts, and merge the posts into one.

Check the names, they aren't the same person.

And xecast is not allowed probably because it does way too much for you (all you have to do is create a xecast object and give it an order, it does everything else).

DD systems are allowed, it's on the first post:

"However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited."

Check the names, they aren't the same person.

And xecast is not allowed probably because it does way too much for you (all you have to do is create a xecast object and give it an order, it does everything else).

DD systems are allowed, it's on the first post:

"However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited."

Lawlz, me p'hails :D I humbly apolgize, but anyone could have made that mistake. they use the same avatar. (Almost, but i'm colorblind so i didn't know)

Level 5
Lawlz, me p'hails :D I humbly apolgize, but anyone could have made that mistake. they use the same avatar. (Almost, but i'm colorblind so i didn't know)

Heh, they are the same besides the color...I was going to change my avatar anyway, then no one will get confused :wink:

Level 13
Ohhh, My idea is bad. But hear it and say suggestion : second spell is combinated with third and this is description : (Second spell passive) switchs a chaos inferno into a melee warrior, and he gets damage bonus when third spell is learned, bonus health points, but loses ranged attack. (Third spell passive) with combination of second spell chaos inferno gain bonus attack when is he melee attacker. Passively increases strength by 2/4/6. When is melee warrior he gains +10/20/30 dmg.

Level 11
Ohhh, My idea is bad. But hear it and say suggestion : second spell is combinated with third and this is description : (Second spell passive) switchs a chaos inferno into a melee warrior, and he gets damage bonus when third spell is learned, bonus health points, but loses ranged attack. (Third spell passive) with combination of second spell chaos inferno gain bonus attack when is he melee attacker. Passively increases strength by 2/4/6. When is melee warrior he gains +10/20/30 dmg.

It's.. well... near impossible to understand what you mean, but I think it's this:

(second spell) The chaos inferno switches to a melee warrior, getting bonus damage and health points when the third spell is learned, but losing his ranged attack.
(third spell) Chaos inferno gains bonus 10 / 20 / 30 bonus damage when he is a melee attacker. Passively increases strength by 2 / 4 / 6.

Now, is the 2nd spell a passive or active spell? You say it's passive but the tooltip makes it look like an active (unless he permanently switches to a melee attacker, which wouldn't be good imo).
Anyway... it's pretty uninteresting if you ask me, just a plain bonus damage / health / strength.

Level 11
Wow I just realized how much vJass I learned by this contest. :D btw do I need to attach a W.I.P map before the contest or is it okay if I just upload a video with my spells?

BTW: Is stun unit allowed?

Contest rules:
"You must post at least 1 WIP before the contest deadline to prove that your entry is your own. Also it's just good to get feedback."

And stun unit is definitely allowed.

Level 11
Second spell is Active. But first spell be somethink like AOE or a missile and last is AOE ACTIVE

Well, the idea is nice, but I think it lacks something right now. Pure str / damage buffs aren't really interesting, maybe something like a chance to do something when he attacks or something else? I'm out of ideas now, and still got much work to do on my hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.