• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Of course he is. However, he is very busy nowadays and preparing for military training so he doesn't have enough time to help us out.

Aren't you the one he had the falling out with?

Level 12
Sorry to bug you, I just have 1 more question.

Will there still be a mount system? although everyone says that they are common I have never seen 1 in an ORPG in WC3 so it might be a good idea to continue to implement this system.

Good luck and keep up the work guys :thumbs_up:

Level 9
43berries said:
Is Calvin still on the team?

He's joining the airforce, therefor he doesn't have much time for Everwood. Once the demo is out, we'll hire a new texturer who can make us some icons for the spells and some skins for the heroes.

CHA_Owner said:
Will there still be a mount system? although everyone says that they are common I have never seen 1 in an ORPG in WC3 so it might be a good idea to continue to implement this system.

Yes, we'll still add a mount system, but the mount system in the demo is very simple and only includes one mount. Later one we'll expand the system and add many more mounts, some of them being very rare and hard to get.

Level 9
This looks like an ORPG that has a lot of potential, the terrain looks very nice, the concepts and systems are all very nice as well, i hope to see this map get very popular ;)

Level 4
I'm subbing for this, i cannot wait until you guys let this out of the bag, Props though, sounds promising.

Level 17
He has worded it quite oddly, yes. "Let this out of the bag" has several meanings which is why I am not sure how to interpret it.

Level 17
Weekly Progress Report
To The Hive Workshop,

Every week, the Everwood ORPG Team will strive to give you a progress report on the upcoming demo and the Closed BETA. So far this week, things have been slowing down quite quickly because of Christmas. From what I know, two of us will be going on vacation for a week or so over Christmas Eve & Day and perhaps even New Year's Eve.

Wolfe_Orscythe
INACTIVE as of the 24th of December - 29th of December
RolePlaynGamer
INACTIVE as of the 22nd of December - January 2010
Tukki
INACTIVE as of the 23rd of December - 26th of December
12th_Exile
INACTIVE until the 27th

This is quite unofficial, but please farewell our respected 2D Artist, Darkenekko_003, who is currently training in the air force. I'd also like to announce the coming of a new member who will be helping us clean up some of the terrain and even expand the map to accommodate a bigger world to explore. Welcome to 12th_Exile, or Kinorhynkar, our BETA terrainer.

With the absence of Darkenekko_003, it is important that we have another 2D Artist to help us with our loading screen, icons and model textures. Even if this is not fulfilled, we will still release the demo and BETA according to plan.

Now, onto business. As I mentioned before, progress has been slowing down and the only member of our team that will possibly be not going for vacation around Christmas is Tukki who will be coding spells and game mechanics while we're gone. He is also working on a video to exhibit the new NPC system and will probably give you some spell teasers, etc.

I will be posting the next report on Wednesday the 23rd before I leave. In that report will be the details of ONE hero, including screenshots and a possible video. So stay tuned! =D

Last edited:
Level 17
Weekly Progress Report

To The Hive Workshop,

This will be the last progress report you will get until I return (which may be later than December 29). Progress is almost coming to a complete halt with the exception of Tukki who will be working on classes right after Christmas. In the spirit of the holiday season, the Everwood Team has worked hard this weak to release a preview of Everwood’s first class… the Warlock. At the bottom of this report, you will be able to witness the power demonstrated by the Warlock.

Coding Updates
A’ight folks, time for some coding updates! As you probably know, and expect, there will be some cool features in Everwood ORPG that will make a truly unique experience. I have, as a coder in the mod, scripted some of these awesome features. First, there is the NPConversation system, which enables you to talk to nearly everyone inside the map. Another feature is the NPCEvent, which can be used to code complex and cool event behaviors for NPC-characters, such as villagers.

Now you probably want to know if there is a hero reveal in this report; yes, there is! I’m happy to give Wolfe the opportunity to reveal this hero to you, he can be found at the bottom of this post (fools!!). I hope you find him awesome, because, he is…

- Tukki, Coder

Design Updates
As you would all know, we are working very hard to release the demo. Now, this is a tremendous amount of work as we are adding exclusive demo material that will not be included in the demo zone (the starting zone). Lately, my focus has been on items and the first dungeon in Everwood ORPG because a majority of our hero concepts has been finished.

In this update, I would like to reveal to you our stats and sub-stats. There are three main stats and nine sub-stats that allow you to customize what your hero will specialize in and how they are in combat.

Power increases health, health regeneration and attack power.

Endurance – Armour Rating, Block Chance, Power
Strength – Attack Power, Attack Critical Power, Power
Vitality – Base Health Regeneration, Health, Power

Alacrity increases armour, attack speed and attack power.

Reflexes – Dodge Chance, Attack Critical Power, Attack Power, Alacrity
Dexterity – Attack Speed, Attack Critical Chance, Alacrity
Ballistics – Attack Speed, Attack Power, Attack Range [BOW ONLY]

Will increases mana, mana regeneration and attack power.

Intelligence – Spell Power, Spell Critical Power, Will
Focus – Spell Critical Chance, Spell AoE Range, Will
Wisdom – Base Mana Regeneration, Mana, Will

- Wolfe Orscythe, Designer

Terrain Updates
Sadly, there are no terrain updates or screenshots as of yet as 12_Exile is on vacation until the 27th. I hope to display some of his works either next week or in the New Year.

However, I do know that he has finished the interiors and made a few changes to the demo/starting zone.

Requests & Recruitment
Currently, there are no requests. However, we are in need of a 2D Artist with experience and skill willing to dedicate his/her time to creating icons and textures.

Now… drum roll please…

The Warlock
The Warlocks of Everwood were once a benevolent order of mages that policed the use of magic throughout the forest. However, their insatiable thirst for knowledge and total arcane mastery soon led them down a path of corruption. Their dabbling into the subterranean arcane streams developed a lust for power, and soon after an unhealthy fondness for Daemonic Magics. Warlocks are melee spellcasters, capable of utilizing massive amounts of mana to expel those who stand in their path.
Use: Heavy DPS
Armour Class: Light Leather
Weapon Class: Blade
Game Mechanic
Sorcery
Warlocks use sorcery as their game mechanic. Their control over powerful magic allows them to manipulate the two opposites of sorcery. One opposite, fire magic, allows them to unleash havoc amongst their enemies and destroy them quickly at the cost of his own life. The other, cold magic mimics its counterpart but in a lesser form that ensures that, he is safe in the battlefield.

Chain Lightning
ChainCharge.jpg

Beginning the charge...
Rushes at a target, slamming the target with a fistful of lightning dealing X damage and bounces to another target dealing Y% of the original damage.

FIRE MAGIC increases the damage dealt to the second target by X% and the mana cost by Y
COLD MAGIC makes you untouchable until you attack the second target – you cannot be interrupted

Stormhammer
ChainChargeLightning.jpg

As soon as Chain Lightning is cast, Stormhammer will trigger.
Slams a hammer of powerful lightning upon his target, dealing X damage to the target and Y damage to all targets nearby. Triggers after a successful Chain Lightning.

FIRE MAGIC knocks targets back violently, however dealing X% of the damage to himself
COLD MAGIC stuns targets for X seconds and increases the DEX of nearby allies by X

Hellfire
Hellfire.jpg

Launches a missile of terrible hellfire at a target that explodes, dealing X damage to all targets in Y radius.

FIRE MAGIC gives all allied and unallied targets in the area the burning condition
COLD MAGIC conjures a fire elemental in the aftermath with X health that taunts all targets

All spells, mechanics and special effects are subject to change at any time. You will be informed of these changes.

Videos for the Warlock and the NPC system will be placed in this report once Tukki emails me their YouTube links.

Now folks, ‘tis the season to be jolly. We will see you all after Christmas with another progress report on Wednesday 6, 2010!

Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Level 17
Updated the progress report with a video of the warlock. I would also like to thank Tukki for making this video and hope that he will a video displaying the Everwood NPC system. =D

And, no, the video you see is not the actual Everwood ORPG map. It is a map designed solely for videos such as the Warlock preview.

Level 6
The Far Seer model was selected solely on the purpose of testing and it will probably be replaced.

As for updates; I can say that I'm currently scripting a new hero, with a bit of different gameplay than most heroes :)

Stay tuned for more updates folks!!

----------------------------------
Small update: the hero's game mechanic is now fully scripted and working, as well as his first spell.

Last edited:
Level 9
The reason why Wolfe hasn't yet posted another news report, is that he's absent and will be so for another week. I posted the news reports in the first post, so that they'll be easily accessable and a way to see how we're progressing. I can't fix the broken screenshots right now, but will do so once I get home to my own house in a week.

Level 17
Yeah, we know. I am going to take some new screenshots of the terrain in play and post them up in the next report. I have some excellent news for you all.

And, to Question, it has been two years. With team issues, team absences, team personal issues, we've become really slack. Which is why now, with my revamp of a lot of concepts of the original Everwood (yes, the first post shall be changed), we're pushing to release a demo.

Level 6
Just looking at map for first time and it looks amazing, funny because it reminds me of TKOK but exactly what i thought they should add... attachments!!! great systems btw.

Level 9
A small update: in the playable versions that we'll release to the puplic, all of the heroes will have an unique texture each, which will be by created by an acknowledged artist from this site, which name Wolfe will most likely release in his next progress report on wednesday. We've also found an artist to create some custom spell icons for us. :D

Level 8
A small update: in the playable versions that we'll release to the puplic, all of the heroes will have an unique texture each, which will be by created by an acknowledged artist from this site, which name Wolfe will most likely release in his next progress report on wednesday. We've also found an artist to create some custom spell icons for us. :D
Finaly something that will let you bring more uniqueness to each class.

Level 12
Hi im just popping in to say keep up the good work and to mention i have followed this project from the start it would be an amazing feat if you finish it so dont give up you still may have alot to go but think of how much you've got done.

Your Friend,
~CHA

Level 17
Shoosh! Pessimism does not help! =P

I will be posting a progress report some time tomorrow and reveal another hero if Tukki gets screenshots and a video done by then. If not, I will just update the report with it when he does.

Level 9
There's two reasons why we haven't released anything yet. The first one is that we want first released demo to be as impressive and breath-taking as possible, so a lot of things have been remade over and over again to make the first impression better.
The second reason is, that I'm spending this year somewhere where I can't work on the map, and that has slowed down the progress considerably. Luckily we found Tukki, who quickly replaced my job as the main coder on the team, and without him we wouldn't have been where we are today.
I thank you for your patience so far. The only thing I will ask you about, is that you don't push us into releasing the map to early, as we don't want to release something which we're not very proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.