• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, Neltharion the Earth-Warder AKA Deathwing. Had some fun with it during the year. Big thanks to WILL THE ALMIGHTY for his awesome particle tutorial and thank you all for the input during the making of the model.

Team Color only in the portrait. You can add a hero glow yourself if you'd like.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO USE FLYING ANIMATIONS, SET THE REQUIRED ANIMATION NAMES IN THE OBJECT EDITOR TO ALTERNATE

2wnpzpk.png

Keywords:
deathwing, black, dragon, death, wing, neltharion, wow, twilight, cataclysm
Contents

Deathwing (Model)

Deathwing (Model)

Reviews
16:19, 27th Jul 2011 anarchianbedlam: Hell son, you more than deserve a DC for this. Fantastic model, works ingame.
Level 14
its so awesome! best model ever!
but a question how i can switch fly and walk? i want to make him in a epic bossfight

make an ability that makes him "Morph", like metamorphosis and crow form,then make another unit that is deathwing(fly),then set the required details for it to work

Level 2
I've tried many different things but it continuously comes up as a blank.

I even precisely followed the guide on page 1 and it still won't work. What's going on?

Level 14
I've tried many different things but it continuously comes up as a blank.

I even precisely followed the guide on page 1 and it still won't work. What's going on?

just change the texture's path,delete the war3imported/ thing,But remember to import the .blps first

Level 2
just change the texture's path,delete the war3imported/ thing,But remember to import the .blps first

I'll try importing the blps first. I deleted the war3imported everytime, and what path would I change the texture to?

The walk animation would be better if it was similar to the Pitlord's slow walk animation.
Otherwise, it's a fucking awesome model.

I'll try importing the blps first. I deleted the war3imported everytime, and what path would I change the texture to?

Deathwing.blp
DeathWings.blp

These are the paths for the blp files.

Level 2
The walk animation would be better if it was similar to the Pitlord's slow walk animation.
Otherwise, it's a fucking awesome model.

Deathwing.blp
DeathWings.blp

These are the paths for the blp files.

Been doing that.

I'll try again. Hopefully it works.

Edit: It worked. I think the blps first fixed it.

But now, how do I give it the flying animation rather than the land animation?

Last edited:
Level 11
Kuhneghetz made a good point. Is it possible to use the Pit Lord walk instead of the wolf walk animation? Cause honestly, the walk animation detracts from the model quite a bit (although overall it is amazing, so dont get me wrong)

You could also try a Kodo, Thunder Lizard, Turtle..etc? Anything slow moving may work out nicely, assuming you havent tried them all yet

Level 3
Although this model is certainly good, there are some flaws that could be corrected though, mainly on the animation area.
You could try to fold the wings further in in the walk animation.
Also, the walk alternate looks really weird, because the body goes forward, but the wings flap like he's flying backward.
The animations you may want to make smoother are
Stand 1, 2, Ready and Morph alternate, because he looks like a robot at the moment.
What does the dissipate alternate do? i don't see anything when i watch the animation in the model editor.

Overall I'd say the textures and mesh deserve the DC, but the animations don't, yet. (although not all models with the DC tag have custom animations I think it's very important the animations do not reduce the model's quality)
Still gets a 5/5 from me because of the nice texturing and mesh, but please, do improve the animations.

Too late for any detailed animation input, sorry, you should've come earlier. I have absolutely no intentions to re-export and re-finalize the entire thing over some small issues. Also, I'm using Milkshape 3D with poor animation support (no FK or IK chains, have to go frame by frame, etc) so this is basically the best you can get with that one.

Dissipate alternate is there to prevent any possible problems during aerial death.

Thanks for taking your time to point out some of the flaws though.

Level 3
Extremely awesome model, although is there a icon that you made for Deathwing? i cant find it if you did make it. but anyway it is awesome! 5/5 XD

Level 3
Wow its nice wish i could rate I'm just 3 days member.I changed the the look of Kael to deathwing's,but I couldn't change his name and his damage P.M me if you have the solution

Level 6
The big guy deserved some love.

Matches the Cataclysm counterpart spot on, AND it's better for the size limit of custom maps.

The modeling skills of Hive Workshop posters get better with every submission!

Level 6
Hey I just recently noticed in some Blizzard artwork that he's supposed to be missing the top portion of his left horn. Just my eye of detail, if you're okay with it thats okay - still a great model after all. :thumbs_up:

Level 14
Movement Type set to Fly
Movement Height > Movement Height MIN > about 100 ( I use 500 :p)
There are something else need to set (shadow, attack anim, etc...)

500 is kinda too high,but i use 500 for small little things like a rocket:)