• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
My first high-res terrain...some constructive criticism on the terrain??:grin:
dark forest.JPG

Level 10
err the scaling on the rocks in the distance needs to be sorted and maybe change that tile texture where there is a line in it and remove the terrain placer thing in green . . lol

also maybe a bit les spam and more placed details

Level 36
The tile IS a problem, and I believe it's a "Select Ground" marker, which can easily be removed.. >.>

The rocks looks fine, as does the grass, really, COULD have some more variation though, but that isn't the largest problem. The problem is that the tree on the right side that is severly more green than anything else doesn't fit in, I would suggest removing it and have something else there. Second, is the fog. The fog and the sky doesn't work together, as it is now the fog makes the sky seem like a "The End" frame on the far horizon, while if you had a darker fog, and somewhat denser, it would seem like your terrain is fading away, making a nice looking effect.

Level 18
im not quiete sure where to start.

The scaling is off. Trees in the background should be alot smaller then they are in the foreground. And i can kinda tell that there is the " end of the world " feeling to it.

Not only that but the Fog+Sky dont blend well for some reason. I suggest using Blizzard, or Fogged sky for this.

Level 11
ok..so i made it a lil' more diverse,changed the sky and made the fog a denser,i think the sky+fog fits now...but i cant remove that line in the road tile..even if i change the tile its still there:sad:
so here it is dark forest 3.JPG
thx fore the help guys :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.