• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Logging Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Another terrain. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Attachments

• Lumber Camp Terrain.JPG
    Lumber Camp Terrain.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 212
Level 18
it looks average. Not a particularrly great terrain.

here are a few things to improve upon :

1) the background has abnormally huge stars. If you instead use the " Lightning bolt prjectile" ( the Far Seer's attack ) and use that projectile as the star model, and then shrink it to a default size of .2 , you get the perfect twinkling star. Instead of using those glows, use the tecknique i described instead

2) the Rock spam looks very ugly. Covering it with fog would be a good idea, or instead use the height variation ' raise ' and make mountains that way.
Not only that, but the fog could be instead of :

x : 4000
Y : 5000

instead use fog that is :
x: 0
Y : 4000

you will get better, more realistic terrain using that kind of fog values.

other then that the structure, camera angle and the doodad use in the forground was pretty good. keeep workling on it

Level 6
I like it except when I saw 'Logging Camp' I excepted more of a forest, when I first looked at I didn't notice the cut trees in front. Otherwise I'm liking it. (And the wall model you used looks a little hectic near its spikes)

Level 15
Here's what I think:
-The rock spam mountains does not look good. As said above try covering it with fog, or use hills without rocks, and add trees to it, making it a logging camp.
-Work on the background on the right ad you did with the left.
-Add more trees, much more trees, make it look like an actual logging camp. Add some cut-down trees here and there.
-The houses really doesn't match the tree wall around it. Change the house to something more fitting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.