• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bronze Boots

Bronze Boots

Attach "Bronze Boots.mdx" to "foot, right" of the Villager Man model.
Attach "Bronze Boots - Left.mdx" to "foot, left" of the Villager Man model.
Has death animations!
v1.1 [26.8.2015] - Removed most of the upper (greave) part of the boots due to major clipping issues.
v1.0 [26.8.2015] - Uploaded

Please do not edit or post any of my models on other sites without my permission! You are however free to resize and rotate the models in order to fit them to your units.
Enjoy and give me credits for my work!

Keywords:
Boots, Greaves, Greave, Armor, Armour, Foot, Feet, Leg, Legs, Bronze, Tin, Copper, Starter, Beginner, Basic, Weak, Brass, Set
Contents

Bronze Boots (Model)

Bronze Boots (Model)

Reviews
11:20, 2nd Dec 2015 Misha: a nice pair of footwear
Level 1
Wow this is awesome! I feel that this site lacks leg and feet armor. Glad to see this new model. Please make more! It would be amazing to have a full set for different types of armor, like iron, steel, etc. It would really help in my mapmaking. Thanks a lot!

:grin:

Wow this is awesome! I feel that this site lacks leg and feet armor. Glad to see this new model. Please make more! It would be amazing to have a full set for different types of armor, like iron, steel, etc. It would really help in my mapmaking. Thanks a lot!

:grin:

Well, then you'll be pleased that simply by changing the path of ANY of those bronze set items using this program you can change their color to:

Copper (Orange) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDSecondTower.blp
Adamantite (Red) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDThirdTower.blp
Mithril (Blue) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDFourthTower.blp
Amethyst (Pink) - Buildings\Other\DalaranGuardTower\DalaranGuardTower.blp

Alternatively you can change their color to any you'd like using Geoset Animations in Magos.

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Level 1
Well, then you'll be pleased that simply by changing the path of ANY of those bronze set items using this program you can change their color to:

Copper (Orange) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDSecondTower.blp
Adamantite (Red) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDThirdTower.blp
Mithril (Blue) - Buildings\Other\TowerDefenseTower\TowerDFourthTower.blp

Alternatively you can change their color to any you'd like using Geoset Animations in Magos.

Have fun :)

Interesting. How do you go about doing that? I would like to know in more detail, if you don't mind :) I'm just a newbie with using all the tools and stuff

Interesting. How do you go about doing that? I would like to know in more detail, if you don't mind :) I'm just a newbie with using all the tools and stuff

Oh, it's just that blizzard copied the tower texture i'm using right now and recolored it overall to make the Towers from the Secret Tower Defence map in the BE campaign. The part of the texture with bronze stuff (which originally is used by the human cannon tower) is recolored, yet not used in those textures, so simply changing the texture path to that would essencially use that texture to change the color.
If you have questions about magos, there are tutorials out there :)
And about that MdxPather, it's an extremely simple program that allows you to change already existing texture paths in models, redirecting them to another texture.

Level 1
Oh, it's just that blizzard copied the tower texture i'm using right now and recolored it overall to make the Towers from the Secret Tower Defence map in the BE campaign. The part of the texture with bronze stuff (which originally is used by the human cannon tower) is recolored, yet not used in those textures, so simply changing the texture path to that would essencially use that texture to change the color.
If you have questions about magos, there are tutorials out there :)
And about that MdxPather, it's an extremely simple program that allows you to change already existing texture paths in models, redirecting them to another texture.

:thumbs_up: Woohoo! I managed to make it work! I see what you mean now. Thanks a lot man!

If you don't mind, could you make a leg armor for the villager's leg? That's the only one missing so far. And now that I know how to change the textures, it would be no problem for me to change the colour. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :ogre_haosis:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind, could you make a leg armor for the villager's leg? That's the only one missing so far. And now that I know how to change the textures, it would be no problem for me to change the colour. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :ogre_haosis:

Sadly, that is not possible on the normal Villager Man model, simply because he has no attachment point on his legs (only feet) and it would cause crazy clipping and bugging. :(

Level 19
Maybe I wrote it wrong, get them from the MPQ browser in magos to be more sure.

yeah, the correct paths are actually:

buildings/other/towerdefensetower/TowerDFifthTower.blp
buildings/other/towerdefensetower/TowerDFirstFourthTower.blp
buildings/other/towerdefensetower/TowerDSecondTower.blp
buildings/other/towerdefensetower/TowerDThirdTower.blp

The first makes... iron? bronce?, the second also makes mithril, the third makes... copper? gold? and the fifth makes red metal adamantite. This order is the order of the textures in the MPQ.
I was wondering what texture could be used for silver and others.

The first makes... iron? bronce?, the second also makes mithril, the third makes... copper? gold? and the fifth makes red metal adamantite. This order is the order of the textures in the MPQ.

Thanks for taking them time to correct them :)
The first one is the same as the texture I'm using though, so I didn't include it.
I've added a fourth color: Buildings\Other\DalaranGuardTower\DalaranGuardTower.blp (Pinkish-purple)

Level 1

After some messing around, I found out that Arthas1.blp makes for a pretty good steel armor texture. :ogre_haosis:

Blood Raven, you should include this alternate texture paths in the description of all of your models, so people can customize more this already awesome resources.
BTW, messing around, battlenet's door texture looks good for wood set.

I will include that in the pack's description, but I'm too lazy to update all the resource descriptions.
BTW, you can change the crystals' color in my runestone equipment to pink (see the pack for texture path)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

BTW, you can change the crystals' color in my runestone equipment to pink (see the pack for texture path)
Great to hear! Is there also a texture that would allow to colour the crystals green ? I think there is such a texture.

Hey, nice model but the attachment points seem wrong with the Villager255 animations model. The boots are a bit behind the feet.
That sounds like a fuckup on the creator of Villager255 animations' side. If they work correctly on the normal villager, I've done my job, he should not have changed the attachment points on his model if he wanted the attachments to be compatible.
Just out of curiosity, does that happen to other boots attachment models aswell or just these?

Level 25
Okay I've tested different boots and yes they failed as well so the model is fucked up :D I used this villager model Villager 255 Animations

and these boots as well: Metal Boots

I use two attachment points:
"foot", "left"
"foot", "right"
with the same boots model.

The funny thing is that there was another bug with the Villager 255 animations model. Right and left are switched for the hands, I think.

I will post this as comment under the Villager 255 animations model but I am not sure if the creator does even change anything which would be very sad since I want to use boots and the villager model.

Attachments

• Items.w3x
    437.2 KB · Views: 59
  • WC3ScrnShot_020917_183510_01.tga
    7.9 MB · Views: 57
  • WC3ScrnShot_020917_183521_02.tga
    7.9 MB · Views: 61
Okay I've tested different boots and yes they failed as well so the model is fucked up :D I used this villager model Villager 255 Animations

and these boots as well: Metal Boots

I use two attachment points:
"foot", "left"
"foot", "right"
with the same boots model.

The funny thing is that there was another bug with the Villager 255 animations model. Right and left are switched for the hands, I think.

I will post this as comment under the Villager 255 animations model but I am not sure if the creator does even change anything which would be very sad since I want to use boots and the villager model.
The creator of the model seems to be semi-active (last logged 26 january 2017), so you could write him a PM aswell. Good luck!