• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Add Walk Fast (actually walk "slow") animation to a model

Level 17
Hi all,

So UgoUgo made this super cool model and I have a lot planned for it in my mod: Flaming Raven

I would benefit if he had two walk animations: 'Walk Fast' and 'Walk'. He currently has only one, which is already him running, so I imagine we'll rename it into 'Walk Fast'.

Thus I need a second walk animation, "walk slow", that would feature that fire-mage walking at a slow pace.

Could someone fulfill this request? I don't know much about modelling, but I imagine it's a fairly uncomplicated thing to do.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'd ask UgoUgo for permission to tweak his masterpiece, but as it is plain to see, he has been inactive for many years now, so that's not in the cards.

Level 21
This is about animation fidelity only right?

In the newer patches you can actually directly alter:
Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Real Field: Animation - Run Speed ('urun') to Value: 300.00

The lower the more frequent the animation becomes.

Level 17
This is about animation fidelity only right?

In the newer patches you can actually directly alter:
Unit - Set Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Real Field: Animation - Run Speed ('urun') to Value: 300.00

The lower the more frequent the animation becomes.
Well, it's about his (the model's) kinematics. He "runs". I need him to walk, e.g with much less arm and feet movement.

So I do need a new animation after all.

Level 17
14. Trading (Selling/Buying)
- This is not an auction site. Attempting to sell or trade products is prohibited.

Reprimand: Paid Services
- Money payments for modding services may be sanctioned by the staff.

Hi all, since I recently got my PayPal up and running, I realised it wouldn't hurt if I send a few bucks to whoever helps me out :) (I could also make a small donation to the charity of your choice).

The Hive rules allow it (see the quote above), so we'll iron out the details with the admins before proceeding :thumbs_up:

I drafted a brainstorm of what you might be looking for. But I used programmer art -- basically I just imported the "ThrallMountless" Reforged model motion data from their "Cinematic Walk" into this model, so that it has more of a walk animation. But it didn't transfer well so I tinkered with it to try to improve it, although it is not perfect.

Then, as a different idea, I tried importing the villager walk to be more of a walk, and I attached that too. Maybe one of these two "programmer-art" brainstorms can be used as a stand in until someone would make you hand crafted art to solve the problem?

Attachments

• FlamingRaven_Edit2.mdx
    123.2 KB · Views: 6
  • FlamingRaven_Edit3_Villager.mdx
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
Level 17
I drafted a brainstorm of what you might be looking for. But I used programmer art -- basically I just imported the "ThrallMountless" Reforged model motion data from their "Cinematic Walk" into this model, so that it has more of a walk animation. But it didn't transfer well so I tinkered with it to try to improve it, although it is not perfect.

Then, as a different idea, I tried importing the villager walk to be more of a walk, and I attached that too. Maybe one of these two "programmer-art" brainstorms can be used as a stand in until someone would make you hand crafted art to solve the problem?
I thank you very much for these, Retera,
Sadly, the animations look a bit unnatural or at least not as I pictured his movement.

I'm genuinely not sure if there is a good 'base'/reference model in War3. Maybe Spellbreaker or MountainGiant(/Sea Giant) or even Zombie?.. (You're obviously under no obligation to try these on, Retera, but I would be grateful if you do <3 )

- I do have a reference in my head, teutonic knights from AoE 2 :D

Last edited:
Level 17

Hello again Ratera and whoever else reading this :)

I thought maybe this templar has a nice walk animation? :) Templar Justicar

The original request stands; moreover, my mod recently exploaded in popularity, so it became even more beneficial for me to have great models :thumbs_up:

Thanks in advance!