• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Halo Wars isn't part of the main trilogy, is it? Plus, we don't want EVERY model, as it will be too much work. We just need the basic models that make up Halo.

Halo is not a trilogy there is more then 3
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach
if u are only doing Halo to Halo 3 then why are you including ODST squads?

Level 8
Halo is not a trilogy there is more then 3
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach
if u are only doing Halo to Halo 3 then why are you including ODST squads?

Hey... i dont see you doing anything here. if you keep whining about us not making EVERY unit in all the games based on halo, then why dont you do something about it instead of telling us to >:|

Sry Ghost, not much prgress, im not sure were to start. I have made the wings and front, but it doesn't look right... Maybe if i make them all bigger taller or something like that. Hmmm

NOTE: Please dont mind the crookedness of my wraith top, im just doing the basic layout to see if it looks right... Not very far as you can see lol

Edit- I fixed up the angles and shape of the wraith, looking better now :} Ima continue tomorrow, but right now i gotta finish some history homework D:

Attachments

• wraithUnfinished.jpg
    wraithUnfinished.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 83
It's ok Superz, thanks for backing me up. I mean, if I wanted every Halo unit ever, the UTM will be virtually impossible to finish(even with my trusty 3 modellers).
The Wraith looks alright, the centre piece needs to be more bigger though. If you need help, contact -Peper- or Revilo.

EDIT: I managed to import the Geoset of the hair onto the Brute models, but it only shows on the portrait.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 5
Yay! Progress! I dunno 'bout the drone... I think the ghoul textures would fit it better, because drones look rather "screwed up" on their bodies (at least in Halo 2, not too sure about 3)

Level 8
*sigh* I dont really want to say this at all, because i would like to continue to help this project and finish the Halo UTM. However, i need to say that im getting bored of creating models. Its just ive been making models for like 6 r 7 months now, not many made for warcraft (most just home projects that all got deleted >:| ) and i don't really want to continue working on the wraith. Im going to continue supporting this UTM and helping you guys animate stuff, but modeling im gonna take a break for a bit :S. Im really sry guys, that i haven't done much on the project. Lol, i did make a ghost, but we found a better one :D so that doesn't really count. If theres any touch ups or short jobs you want me to do just let me know, il be perfectly willing to do so.

Im still going to be posting on this thread (if thats ok with you D:) and il search for a wraith over the internet, Lol nvm, just found one, il submit a comment for permission to use it, and il post a screeny below? :p There is also the monitor thing that shot mastercheif with that orange beam thing and killed the bad ass black dude. I cant open it tho because its an obj format. If you guys have a program that opens those, it would be great! And we would need to remove some of those triangles, or the game will lag lol.

Anyways, sorry about the news close to x-mas, i tried to end this on a happy note, but i dont want to torture myself into making models for something over the internet. Besides, i could have just left some retarded comment saying "See ya bitches" and never responded again, but i would like to keep helping in this project. Il talk to you guys later? heres the link to the model.
http://www.sharecg.com/v/25865/related/3D-Model/Halo-anti-air-wraith#commentform

Superz

Attachments

• aa wraith.jpg
    aa wraith.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 81
Superz..., why didn't you complain earlier? Can I at least put you as a back-up modeller/animator? Either ways, you'll go into the credits list with the rest of the team. I can't use the .obj, it's filesize is too big and it is not compatible with Wc3. Even if I convert it, there will be no texture and anims.
Also, can you please post the current progress of your Wraith?
I'll miss ya. Good luck with your own projects ;)

Looks like you're our Prime Modeller now -Peper-. I've gotten alot of animations done for nearly all the Covenant infantry. We just need the vehicles. Fingolfin's doing the Banshee, all we need to finish is the Wraith and Phantom. Has Revilo started yet?

Level 6
I'm back!! Anyway, I would look at the animation, and the phantom, but I do not have warcraft 3 on the computer I am using. Sorry for being so inactive lately, but I have alot of things come up recently.
Sad to hear you leave superz, and good luck on you projects.

K, since Izanagi is inactive, I will make you animator. But because you use Milkshape(right?), you have to animate it before it gets a texture.

@Hevenblood: Got any new model? Can you search for a Flood Carrier(the bloated Flood that explode into Infections) or a possible candidate that I can edit into a Carrier?

@Revilo: That's pretty similar actually. It only needs a tail and the wierd head. You've gotten the shape pretty good(It is supposed to look Cobra-like). If you want, you can ask -Peper- to add in some stuff. I will get Superz to animate it when its done.

Level 35
One thing I would like you to do is create the different skins for the various ranks of Halo creatures if you can =D
For example, there were several different types of Grunts (Otherwise known as the Unggoy). You have the Unggoy Minor, which has Orange Armor, the Unggoy Major which wears Red Armor, the Unggoy Heavy which wore Lime Green Armor and carry heavy weapons like Fuel Rod Guns and deploy Plasma Cannons and such (just mentioning this for the possibility of alternative animations). Then there's Unggoy Spec Ops, which has Black Armor (wields the normal weapons of a Unggoy Minor but can use Active Camo). And finally, the Unggoy Ultra, who wear White-Lilac Armor.

This is just an example of the possibilities for the Grunt. All Covenant races are ranked like this if they have various ranks (although I'm not sure whether or not they have the same colour scheme). Would this be a possibility please?

Level 13
for the flood carrier, its death anim is gonna be that drop-down-blow-up type thing right? If so, you could give it the goblin suicide ability ^^

@-Peper-: Can you add the 'head' of the Phantom onto the model Revilo attached? I've asked Ampharos_222.

@tleno: As said, we've done 'em already. My fav vehicle is by the Pelican.

Now, check out the signature Xenostalker made! I enforce every person in my team to use it, or you will all DIE!!!>Is what I'd say if I was Hitler. Now, you don't need to attach it, but you CAN if you want.
Code:
JASS:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/halo-utm-you-joking-179879/"][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/162343-albums4163-picture39590.png[/img][/URL]
Special thanks to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.